Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #141
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Anyone using IPF with nitrous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #142
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
If your car is an automatic, then yes.
Only if you pay for both. The trans tune is not included with the ECU tune, it's an additional charge- if you want it. I'm going to remove and reinstall my trans tune, because I can't tell a difference at all. I never got the confirmation on the PC that it was successful, but got the "completed" light on the programmer after the upload. Assumed it was ok, but
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #143
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Mine might not have loaded properly, so I'll do it over when I get time.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #144
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Oh, I didn't know that. I figured they came together. I don't drive automatics so I guess spoke too soon. I'm surprised there wasn't any difference, though. I know people have raved about the noticeability from Trifecta's TCU tune. But there is probably a lot more Trifecta tunes floating around because of how popular they once were.
Thanks for all your help bro.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #145
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Mine might not have loaded properly, so I'll do it over when I get time.
Keep us posted when you get it done because I want to do the same thing to mines.
How much is the total for the ECU and TCU tune including the Module?
It seems like im getting the round around from IPF when it comes to the price.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #146
Dark_Horse

Drives: Black 2015 2LS, Teal 1991 RS
So a question I have is that the 2LS has a different factory TCU tune in the sense that the manual mode in the 2LS only alows you to set the max gear for the trans and is not a "true" manual mode. Does the TCU file from IPF change this so that someone with a 2LS would be able to use the paddle shifters just like the LT, SS, and ZL1 cars? I love my 2LS but would like to be able to have a true manual mode available when I decide to tune the car.
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #147
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Only if you pay for both. The trans tune is not included with the ECU tune, it's an additional charge- if you want it. I'm going to remove and reinstall my trans tune, because I can't tell a difference at all. I never got the confirmation on the PC that it was successful, but got the "completed" light on the programmer after the upload. Assumed it was ok, but
This interesting that you didn't notice a difference. I noticed a huge difference with the trans tune, however, there are a couple of things about it that may result in your experience being different. First of all, the trans tune difference I notice is more power to the wheels, due to the reduced torque management holdback from the factory. However the trans tune seemed to make no difference regarding shift points or shifting in general. Secondly, I have played around with the stock tune, the 91 octane tune, and 91 octane plus 20% throttle, all with the trans tune. The major change in power or feeling of power for me is with the 91 octane plus 20% throttle. When I add to that the trans tune, dramatic. If I use 91 octane and do NOT chose the plus 20% throttle, and then add the trans tune, I can't tell any difference. I hope this makes sense the way I explained it. bottom line, for me, 91 plus 20% throttle with trans tune is dramatic.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #148
kravmaga79

Drives: 2015 2ls
Im quite interested in this tuner. does it help mielage as well as power/tq?

the last tuner i bought was a terrible disappointment. i think it was edge or bullydog, didnt seem to do anything performance wise maybe even made things worse

i bought about this time of year and couldnt really test it properly as traction on slippery highways was a real problem, thus by time i really tested it in spring it was too late, i couldnt return it for money back guarantee.

so i will be waiting until spring, hopefully our cdn dollar is higher by then too
kravmaga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #149
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug View Post
This interesting that you didn't notice a difference. I noticed a huge difference with the trans tune, however, there are a couple of things about it that may result in your experience being different. First of all, the trans tune difference I notice is more power to the wheels, due to the reduced torque management holdback from the factory. However the trans tune seemed to make no difference regarding shift points or shifting in general. Secondly, I have played around with the stock tune, the 91 octane tune, and 91 octane plus 20% throttle, all with the trans tune. The major change in power or feeling of power for me is with the 91 octane plus 20% throttle. When I add to that the trans tune, dramatic. If I use 91 octane and do NOT chose the plus 20% throttle, and then add the trans tune, I can't tell any difference. I hope this makes sense the way I explained it. bottom line, for me, 91 plus 20% throttle with trans tune is dramatic.
Are you still talking about the IPF TCU ? what is the 20 % throttle?
Is that something that i have to mentioned to the IPF people once i order my tune?
thanks
Old 11-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #150
Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmayimbe View Post
Are you still talking about the IPF TCU ? what is the 20 % throttle?
Is that something that i have to mentioned to the IPF people once i order my tune?
thanks
As Sanjay said, but with a little more explanation. If you have little to no modifications to the car, you will have 3 options to choose from when you are in the IPF tuning software: Factory; 345 Horsepower, or 345 horsepower with 20% throttle feel improvement.

I have found that while 345 hp no throttle does make a difference in the feel of the car, the 345 with 20% throttle is the most dramatic in how powerful the car feels, especially when also using the TCU tune if you have an automatic transmission.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #151
Aug

Quote:
Hmm, mine wasn't that way. I had factory, 91 octane and IPF supercharger tunes avalaible on my software.
tomorrow when I have a few minutes I will take a photo and post. I am curious now. Maybe I remember it incorrectly...that's entirely possible.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #152
elmayimbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug View Post
As Sanjay said, but with a little more explanation. If you have little to no modifications to the car, you will have 3 options to choose from when you are in the IPF tuning software: Factory; 345 Horsepower, or 345 horsepower with 20% throttle feel improvement.

I have found that while 345 hp no throttle does make a difference in the feel of the car, the 345 with 20% throttle is the most dramatic in how powerful the car feels, especially when also using the TCU tune if you have an automatic transmission.
The 345 with 20% throttle is the way to go. So that info will be there on the file for me to choose, correct? Good to know .
thanks.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #153
elmayimbe

Quote:
It might be different for manual and automatic cars, but who knows. Either way there was definitely a noticeable throttle response increase. I was able to turn my throttle controller down a couple settings after I installed the tune.
hey whats up Sanjay and thanks for all your help bro. \
please let me know or us if its different for automatic because that is what i have.
thanks man
Old 11-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #154
elmayimbe

Cool man . I will just wait for Aug to let us know.
Thanks