Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-24-2020, 12:11 AM   #1
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Flush or replace

So my transmission in my ss camaro ran hot back in May and I let the car sit up until September. When I decided to mess with it, I added a trans cooler (trucool) and the temps didn't get lower but got up to 240 just riding after 30 45 minutes...

As long as my trans temp under 180 everything perfect.. once it reach 180 it jerks 1 time when pulling off from idle. But shifts thru the gears perfectly normal driving and.. if I stall the car up for a pull it takes off and shifts perfectly.. it also jerks in reverse

Was going to take it to the dealership tomorrow to have it flushed and see if that fixes the problem but if not I'll just have to buy 1🙄 just would hate to up $200+ for no improvements

Any ideas and advice would b nice
6l80 with a 3800 yank converter
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:07 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Sounds like it's time to drop the trans pan and see if you have any contaminants in the fluid. Change the filter, fill to proper level and hope for the best. It sounds like you've got a lock-up problem (causing the jerks) but that is just a guess. Regardless, no flush and DO NOT take a modded car to a dealer. How many miles on the car/trans? I'm guessing that with a 3800 stall you've got some stout engine mods. I'd be concerned as to what caused that hot temp episode back in May. You may need to seek out a good performance related trans shop to help you diagnose your problem.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:15 AM   #3
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Sounds like it's time to drop the trans pan and see if you have any contaminants in the fluid. Change the filter, fill to proper level and hope for the best. It sounds like you've got a lock-up problem (causing the jerks) but that is just a guess. Regardless, no flush and DO NOT take a modded car to a dealer. How many miles on the car/trans? I'm guessing that with a 3800 stall you've got some stout engine mods. I'd be concerned as to what caused that hot temp episode back in May. You may need to seek out a good performance related trans shop to help you diagnose your problem.

I had from the law. And it's really no other place I can take it n my area. And if it's a lock up problem what can I so
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote