Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #29
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
"But the end user experience is the same" There is no comparison to an automatic, tap crap or whatever you call it ... they are definitly not the same experience !!! Or maybe you just prefer to steer a car and not drive one. If I couldn't have gotten a manual I would have gotten a Benz instead and enjoyed the steering experience.

Wow! Now you're going the other direction with a similarly debatable assertion. I'm out of here.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #30
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Stick is the only way to go IMHO.
Be serious, do you really want to drive a sports car with an Automatic?
I myself like to be in control and shift like I feel and not how my auto transmission thinks it should shift.
The main reason I bought this car was because I was bored out of my skull driving a freaking Automatic.....where is the fun in that?
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #31
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Stick is the only way to go IMHO.
Be serious, do you really want to drive a sports car with an Automatic?
I myself like to be in control and shift like I feel and not how my auto transmission thinks it should shift.
The main reason I bought this car was because I was bored out of my skull driving a freaking Automatic.....where is the fun in that?
I own ,have owned, and drive both and don't understand your logic. Now if I was tracking all of my cars regularly then I could understand ,but I just don't get all of this manual passion when it comes to a point of insults and condescending opinions.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #32
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
I don't think there were any Manuals when I bought my Camaro either. I specifically chose the automatic though and it isn't because I can't drive one. I learned when I was like 16-17 and I just didn't enjoy driving it. To be fair it was on a POS Ford Explorer and the clutch was awful. I'm sure if I got into a Camaro and had the option I would change my mind.

But to me, in this day in age, I prefer to not have to screw with it if I don't want to. I bought mine for looks and enjoyment, not because I need to constantly dictate when to shift. I enjoy the option of the tap shift so I can have a little fun when I want to but just enjoy driving when I just want to cruise.

my 2 cents, I don't think you're a hipster if you drive a manual though. That's a strange statement
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #33
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
I own ,have owned, and drive both and don't understand your logic. Now if I was tracking all of my cars regularly then I could understand ,but I just don't get all of this manual passion when it comes to a point of insults and condescending opinions.
I grew up driving stick when I was young.
Then I ended up for the last 30 years driving Automatics.
It is boring and I do not feel in control over my vehicle.
Just google IMHO.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #34
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Americans don't like manual transmissions. I think I read an article recently saying only 1 in 25 new cars sold in America have a manual transmission. It's sad.
Europe is a different story though...

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
This subject has been beat to death. There is no wrong choice, you get what suits you and don't worry about what others drive. Does it hurt you in any way? No need to get insulting on either side.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #36
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Americans don't like manual transmissions. I think I read an article recently saying only 1 in 25 new cars sold in America have a manual transmission. It's sad.
Europe is a different story though...
You know it is funny but lots of European car makers making the switch to automatic as well.
I am just old fashion.
When i grew up I did not know how to drive an automatic.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #37
RobertRS

Quote:
I grew up driving stick when I was young.
Then I ended up for the last 30 years driving Automatics.
It is boring and I do not feel in control over my vehicle.
Just google IMHO.
Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And just for the record , I'm no spring chicken either. I cut my teeth on manuals in the late 60's as a teenager. Learned to drive in my old man's new 67' GMC pickup when I was just twelve. I've had too many cars to list over the decades. They're all good and have their own place IMO. I like driving both. Sports cars included. I don't feel out of control when driving automatics. Frankly I haven't driven any of the new manual Camaros with the skip shift feature but plan to in the near future. May even have my sights set on either a SS,1LE,or ZL1 in a year or so. I'm in no hurry.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #38
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And just for the record , I'm no spring chicken either. I cut my teeth on manuals in the late 60's as a teenager. Learned to drive in my old man's new 67' GMC pickup when I was just twelve. I've had too many cars to list over the decades. They're all good and have their own place IMO. I like driving both. Sports cars included. I don't feel out of control when driving automatics. Frankly I haven't driven any of the new manual Camaros with the skip shift feature but plan to in the near future. May even have my sights set on either a SS,1LE,or ZL1 in a year or so. I'm in no hurry.
I am shopping for a work related vehicle and today I saw a bunch of nice Camaro's including a ZL1.......all automatics.
Trust me I am not trying to insult anybody, maybe it is my German-to English translating.
I am myself probably close to your age.
My apologies if I came across wrong way.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #39
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
One of the reasons for this is there is more markup on a auto. Almost every SS you see on lots is a auto, 1le or npp exhaust standard. Why? Because the dealer is making more money ordering the cars that way. The more options a car has the more money a dealer makes. This is why I ordered my car the way I wanted it. Every 1ss I looked at had almost max options for a 1ss. Same thing with the 2ss. They would order the 2ss with almost every available option.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:03 AM   #40
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I should have done 1LE. If they had one hah
Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 AM   #41
RobertRS

Quote:
I am shopping for a work related vehicle and today I saw a bunch of nice Camaro's including a ZL1.......all automatics.
Trust me I am not trying to insult anybody, maybe it is my German-to English translating.
I am myself probably close to your age.
My apologies if I came across wrong way.

Hey, it's all good. No grudges here. Saw a nice looking 2014 1SS just today with 6 speed manual and dual mode exhaust near my Zip for 31 and change with 126 miles. Noone was there to answer the phone though. Maybe I'll get over it by tomorrow. But with this guy that's fixing to hand me some green Tuesday for a car I'm selling ,I'm just not sure what I'm capable of. Cars can be a helpless addiction. Maybe I should focus more time at the gym.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #42
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
I should have done 1LE. If they had one hah
Those 1LE's are 10 times harder to find in my neck of the woods than ZL1's.