Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-27-2023, 08:04 AM   #1
Cameron2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Bad headers, poor drivability. Please help

So I have a 2011 2SS L99 that’s been acting up recently. I have cracked headers that haven’t been replaced yet. Also a new code is coming up P0205 Cylinder 5 Injector Control Circuit and P219B Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 2. Slow cranking in cold weather with service stabilitrack. Poor fuel economy now and car just runs rough and sounds like shit. Also is hesitant accelerating or stopping sometimes.

I’ve stopped using my mobile mechanics due to them literally disappearing on me and it seems like the car is a headache for them to work on. I’ve had an 02 sensor replaced, new MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor replaced and a fuel injector cleaned by these mobile mechanics.
I found an OK shop that was going to replace my headers but ended up telling me they weren’t “familiar” with the brand I picked out. They were low budget speed performance brand ($309) which is all I can afford at the moment. They offered to recommend brands that were more expensive so that wasn’t an option.

Can anyone point me to a good shop that works with these types of cars and is reasonable and reliable. I’m located in Orlando FL.
Also I’ve stopped going to my local dealership because the prices have gotten out of control.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys
Cameron2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 06:11 PM   #2
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Sorry - I’m not trying to be a jerk. The is a classic scenario of you get what you pay for. I’m a firm believer of saving to get the correct parts instead of inferior parts that will eventually fail and cost more money to repair.

I live in Jacksonville so I am not familiar with any technicians in the Orlando area. Good luck with getting your Camaro serviced correctly.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:14 PM   #3
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Disconnect injector #5 and ohm out the injector... Should be between 11–14 Ω between the terminals. If out of spec it will need a injector if not the wiring between the injector and ECM will have to be tested for a short to ground, open circuit etc...
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote