Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #2087
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself.. some of you may know me from the pictures, I am Justin, Nathan's brother. Nathan suggested that I make an account here to post along in the project threads, so I did

I will try to help Nathan out a little bit by helping with the project updates, asking/answering questions, and just joining in on the fun here!

I have followed this thread as everyone has been posting so I'm familiar with all of you regular addicts LOL. It will be fun hanging out with you all.

Justin
I have been following for a long time now. You guys are doing an amazing job.
Welcome to the site.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #2088
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Welcome Justin! I suspect when you and Nathan get done with his car, then you two will start on yours! Be a little easier the second time around!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #2089
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Welcome Justin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Ox View Post
Welcome Justin! I suspect when you and Nathan get done with his car, then you two will start on yours! Be a little easier the second time around!!
Yeah...like starting with just the shell and adding just the parts needed. Forget the "cleaning the clutter" part...just start with the clean canvas.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #2090
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
could just get a rolling chasis when you start your project Justin
Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #2091
OVRKILL

Drives: 01SS
This thing isnt done yet? When I get back from HRPT, you better be a whole lot closer MR.

Still looks incredible man....cant wait to see this wreck if it ever makes out here in the Midwest.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #2092
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself.. some of you may know me from the pictures, I am Justin, Nathan's brother. Nathan suggested that I make an account here to post along in the project threads, so I did

I will try to help Nathan out a little bit by helping with the project updates, asking/answering questions, and just joining in on the fun here!

I have followed this thread as everyone has been posting so I'm familiar with all of you regular addicts LOL. It will be fun hanging out with you all.

Justin
Hey Justin, Welcome to Camaro5!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #2093
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Welcome Justin! It's good to know somebody is there with Nathan in case he goes overboard and does something extreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I have been following for a long time now. You guys are doing an amazing job.
Welcome to the site.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Welcome Justin!

Yeah...like starting with just the shell and adding just the parts needed. Forget the "cleaning the clutter" part...just start with the clean canvas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
could just get a rolling chasis when you start your project Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Hey Justin, Welcome to Camaro5!
Thanks all for the very warm welcome!

Yes, after project G5.R is finished, we will definitely start a new project down the road. I'm sure Nathan will agree that we are going to need a break though, LOL!

I'm thinking either a '69 Camaro or a 70-73' Firebird. Either choice will be built for track duty from the ground up. I say ground up, because i don't want to start by relocating heater hoses! It will be tough to keep it up with G5.R though, that is for dang sure!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #2094
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Welcome Justin. Are you a contributor to Nathan derailing or are you helping him stay on track?

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #2095
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
RJ, I'm sure there is another solution for FM radio.

BTW Guys, I wanted to post this exert from an e-mail Larry at TechAFX sent me. Some folks had recommended using these QD fittings earlier on this thread.

I looked over the earlier stuff in that thread & I would warn ANYBODY about using this piece of sh*t:

It's an unsafe, under-engineered, cheap, Chinese made, piece of junk. The U-shaped bit doesn't secure well & can vibrate loose.

One of the principals at SDPC had it loosen up on his Corvette & only by the grace of God did he avoid an engine fire when the fuel sprayed out.
Finch wasn't as lucky as his old Camaro burned to the ground because of one of these run between the trans. It leaked when he was out track racing. He now runs a 71 Camaro.

Tales of these things failing are all over the place. That's why we make these QD Jumpers, so our customers can SAFELY upgrade their cars.

I have the U fitting on my car. Ill keep checking them. As of now they are ok. I haven't had issues with this type but i have had issues with the plastic clip type. After time the plastic weakens and the line can also pop off. We had a customer that got lucky twice after the plastic clip failed:(
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #2096
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
Welcome Justin. Are you a contributor to Nathan derailing or are you helping him stay on track?
Thank you . I don't think I am much help in keeping nathan on track Let's just say we've decided NO MORE IDEAS until the car is done LOL.... we'll see how long before that rule is.... vetoed.

UPDATE

Its been a bit since the engine bay has had an update. Here is a little something I worked on today.

The Panel that holds the master cylinder has some ugly studs poking out into the engine bay. In a regular engine bay you can't see them because they are covered by the insulation and tucked under the overhang. but with both of those removed, they are easily visable.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  121.3 KB

To make it look a bit nicer, we removed all of the studs...

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  166.0 KB

The studs are welded onto the banel, so to remove them we had to drill them out. The drill hole will also be used for the bolt and nut that will replace the stud, so it needs to be a nice and accurate hole. We used a drill press.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  103.8 KB

Some of the stud holes had a second layer of metal covering it, so to be able to access the nut/bolt, a bigger hole had to be drilled into the second layer, big enough for a socket wrench.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  161.4 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  200.3 KB

Here is the bolt/washer that we will use to replace the studs. From the Ringbrothers.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  161.3 KB

Here is the panel mocked up. we used ARP bolts for the mock up because that is all we have at the time. need to order more bolts from RB.

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  135.0 KB

Much better!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #2097
Moreno1

Man I don't know what I would do without Justin's HELP!!! This higher education stuff and finals are... Thanks Bro

Posted a small update on the suspension thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6605533

Last edited by Moreno1; 05-30-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #2098
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Man I don't know what I would do without Justin's HELP!!! This higher education stuff and finals are. Thanks Bro

Posted a small update on the suspension thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6605533
You should me ashamed of that update.. go Justin!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #2099
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
You should me ashamed of that update.. go Justin!

LC I can always count on you for a good laugh!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #2100
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I have developed an honest to goodness Pavlovian response to this thread. I start to drool before I even click on it.