Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #2115
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Man......... I have a headache trying to keep up with Justin and all the research hes doing. It's mind numbing all the different variables that need to be taken into consideration. This will be HUGE value for anybody looking to duplicate it. Thanks Bro

Doc, pass the . I'm going to need some more, LOL
Let me know if you need help on any of that research. I'm pretty good at getting information.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2116
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Lol actually I think it would be a no-contest win for Nathan. He's going to have a power-to-weight advantage and probably just as good if not better handling. But then this is comparing a custom car that would cost in excess of $250k to have someone build, against a production street car that's going to cost 1/4 of that.

What the Moreno Bros. are doing rivals (and in my opinion exceeds) some of the custom Camaros that Mark Stielow has built including his famous Red Devil Camaro.
Hey Doc, I gotta disagree on one thing. I think Nate's got a little more than $62,500 invested, cause I know I do this when I look at my receipt log. Unless I misunderstood you, then forgive me.

Nate, you should do whatever you have to, to keep the Innovators West 8 rib system in there. I just don't think 6 rib will cut it, with all that slippage. I recently installed the IW 8 rib set and slippage is now nil & void at 710+RWHP, great investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Just wanted to post a quick pic of the G5.R logo that i finished on adobe illustrator.

Attachment 519907

This logo will be on the headrests, on the fender replacing "CAMARO", grill, and trunk lid. And of course the trunk panel
Are you having Roger from EmblemPros make them for you? He does outstanding work!

He just made these for my interior trunk panel.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #2117
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Hey Doc, I gotta disagree on one thing. I think Nate's got a little more than $62,500 invested, cause I know I do this when I look at my receipt log. Unless I misunderstood you, then forgive me.

Nate, you should do whatever you have to, to keep the Innovators West 8 rib system in there. I just don't think 6 rib will cut it, with all that slippage. I recently installed the IW 8 rib set and slippage is now nil & void at 710+RWHP, great investment.

Are you having Roger from EmblemPros make them for you? He does outstanding work!

He just made these for my interior trunk panel.

Those are some great looking emblems! Roger seems like the go-to guy for emblems, he does really good work.

regarding the 8 rib front drive, Slippage isn't really the concern as much as aesthetics, since we're staying NA. however, I just found out today that we should be able to keep an 8-rib setup. we'll still need to change the harmonic damper, but to another 8-rib one from ATI.

BTW synner, It looks like there are some mild dry sump setups that retain a/c, but since we won't have a/c, i haven't paid too much attention to them. Though the impression I got while speaking with John is that if you are serious about dry sumping, you'll have to lose the a/c compressor. The mild setups use the stock internal pump, which again, John wasn't sure if there is a pan that would fit in our car to work with the stock pump.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #2118
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
No need for forgiveness; now that I read your take I can see how it could have been misunderstood. The $250k figure I mentioned was referring to the Moreno Bros. build versus a factory Z/28 which I'm assuming is going to be in the low $60k's price-wise. Actually I may be low with the $250k figure; probably closer to $300k-$400k to have a shop do what these guys are doing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #2119
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
No need for forgiveness; now that I read your take I can see how it could have been misunderstood. The $250k figure I mentioned was referring to the Moreno Bros. build versus a factory Z/28 which I'm assuming is going to be in the low $60k's price-wise. Actually I may be low with the $250k figure; probably closer to $300k-$400k to have a shop do what these guys are doing.

Right. think of how many DAYS lol, not hours it would take to do all the polishing.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #2120
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
BTW synner, It looks like there are some mild dry sump setups that retain a/c, but since we won't have a/c, i haven't paid too much attention to them. Though the impression I got while speaking with John is that if you are serious about dry sumping, you'll have to lose the a/c compressor. The mild setups use the stock internal pump, which again, John wasn't sure if there is a pan that would fit in our car to work with the stock pump.
Yeah so far I've only found factory style that retain a/c which is not really worth doing. At that point I'd just baffle the stock pan. Guess I'll never go with super sticky tires until I figure something else out.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #2121
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Right. think of how many DAYS lol, not hours it would take to do all the polishing.
Didn't even think about that part.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #2122
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I think a G5.R vs. Z/28 story will be in order. Anyone think GM will be up for it?

Oh, and Nathan, your build as well as the others on this thread has inspired me to dress up my engine a bit.
And I was afraid of instead of inspiring people to dress up the engine bay, that Nathan would actually start to scare people away instead due to his non-ability to find a stopping point. Eh, a heater hose replacement isn't a bad place to start, but consider yourself warned...it is addicting and you'll never be "done" unless you finish the trunk, right Nathan???
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #2123
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
And I was afraid of instead of inspiring people to dress up the engine bay, that Nathan would actually start to scare people away instead due to his non-ability to find a stopping point. Eh, a heater hose replacement isn't a bad place to start, but consider yourself warned...it is addicting and you'll never be "done" unless you finish the trunk, right Nathan???
I said dress up my engine compartment a "BIT", but I am starting with relocation the heater hoses, and dressing the wiring harnesses up. Come to think of it, that's how this whole thing got started isn't it?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #2124
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
I said dress up my engine compartment a "BIT", but I am starting with relocation the heater hoses, and dressing the wiring harnesses up. Come to think of it, that's how this whole thing got started isn't it?
Ah...you'll be hooked in no time! I teased Nathan almost a year and a half ago about when he was going to start on the clutter in the trunk. It was just a couple of weeks ago, and all of the seam sealer was coming out, and the wheel well too. The more you do, the more you see that you want to fix.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #2125
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Joe I about lost it when I read this because I do remember you warning me about the trunk, LOL. I think that must have been a PM you had sent me.

Quote:
I said dress up my engine compartment a "BIT", but I am starting with relocation the heater hoses, and dressing the wiring harnesses up.

Hey Mickey, let us know if you need any help. Lots of great guys on here that have pave the way.

Come to think of it, that's how this whole thing got started isn't it?
LOL, this has got to go down in history as one of the biggest out of control snow ball project ever!!! If you told me we would be................ never mind.

JUST did an update in the suspension thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=285800&page=8
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #2126
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Joe I about lost it when I read this because I do remember you warning me about the trunk, LOL. I think that must have been a PM you had sent me.

LOL, this has got to go down in history as one of the biggest out of control snow ball project ever!!! If you told me we would be................ never mind.

JUST did an update in the suspension thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=285800&page=8
I found it. Back in post 752 (15 months ago):

Quote:
Nathan...I wish I had the fearless attitude that you have! You do realize don't you, that once you go to that much work on your engine bay, that you'll soon be starting a new thread about the interior, the trunk, the suspension, etc. You won't be able to stop at just the engine bay. I don't want to discourage you, I only want you to be real with yourself. Where will you stop? I would just encourage you to draw a line and stick to it, otherwise you will never get to enjoy the work you have done.

I do love all of the ideas that you have so far!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #2127
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Does anyone know of any other place I can find this harness tape other than EFI? I only need 1 roll and don't want to spend at minimum $25.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #2128
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Does anyone know of any other place I can find this harness tape other than EFI? I only need 1 roll and don't want to spend at minimum $25.
You could try selling the rolls you don't need?