Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Slowly get everything re-done 49 35.51%
Put everything back factory 89 64.49%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #71
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I can appreciate hardcore fandom, but this car looks less like a personal vehicle and more like a ceremonial object brought out for awards and graduation. It doesn't have the badass feel that comes with so many custom Camaros. If I were you, I would go in a different direction with the custom work.

Be careful with your Camaro, and do whatever you can to keep it safe in college. I'd start with a paid detail to get any residue off the car. That's just my suggestion. This is your car, and you can rock it however you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
You know, it did kinda look like a car ud see them drive in a parade.
I understand what you're saying but i've this plenty of times where ppl theme-out the whole car. Like an '02 Crown Vic that was themed with Black & Mild through the WHOLE i mean WHOLE car and it was the guy's DD. And another one painted orange with the Reese's logo on it with big ass wheels as well. Its just a way people mod their cars, unfortunately this is a 2010 not a 2002, so it's definitely going to get way more attention and envy by others.

To the OP, sorry to see this happen esp when i noticed they even pulled off the vinyls? like wtf. But like everyone else has been saying I'm sure you're "friends" at the party made a distinct effort to keep you inside the house at some point during the party so that the others could do the job... I personally couldnt deal with people constantly taking the decals off my car and using them as their personal FatHeads at home. I would put it stock and 5 wheel locks per wheel... Good luck with insurance/police report/etc etc.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #72
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Tarheel edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr juice 1 View Post
Was the car at the party? If so that's even more jacked up because someone must have seen something. Either way dude sorry for your loss. Hope all works out.

Yep the car was sitting where it was.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #73
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
Sorry to hear this man. As some have said in the begining this had to be someone you know. If your at a house party and no one saw anyting going on thats hard to believe especially your in a college town. As far as your wheel locks, what kind did you have on Gorilla? if you had locks on was the key to the lock in the car? And lastly as far as what to do next, i would put it back together even better than it was before. What kind of stereo did you have in it because the factory isnt all that.

Had locks on the rims but locks really don't do anything but slow down people. Don't know too many people in NC and this wasn't the first time it has been tampered with, it's been keyed, vinyl has been torn off, some one stole just the center cap once, windows were busted out, ect...... this was just another case where someone took some stuff.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #74
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Were those magnetic decals? How could they rip them off in the dead od night??
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #75
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Somebody is NOT a Tar Heels fan apparently!

What a bunch of douche bags.....
Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #76
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Were those magnetic decals? How could they rip them off in the dead od night??

they were decals they weren't ripped off that night, they had already been taken off.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #77
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Somebody is NOT a Tar Heels fan apparently!

What a bunch of douche bags.....
Guess that's what happen's when you move to Fayeville, NC. People up here are just grimey.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #78
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Sure does, the decals being stolen makes it WAY to effing obvious that something stinks here. Hell the thieves should've just stripped it down to the frame, sounds as if they had all night to do it.

The decals were off already due to people tampering with them over time. Once again "the only items that were taken was the rims and stereo".
Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #79
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
maybe its time to just return it to stock. I love UNC, but plain and simple it's an attention grabber especially in the area that you live. If its been vandalized time after time, its only an inconvenience to yourself with time and possibly money out of your pocket. Keep the car blue and powdercoat some factory 20's white with no decals. My question is why did you get an aftermarket alarm system after the first incident. Just my .02
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #80
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
maybe its time to just return it to stock. I love UNC, but plain and simple it's an attention grabber especially in the area that you live. If its been vandalized time after time, its only an inconvenience to yourself with time and possibly money out of your pocket. Keep the car blue and powdercoat some factory 20's white with no decals. My question is why did you get an aftermarket alarm system after the first incident. Just my .02

It has been a big inconvenience because insurance doesn't cover half of the items I added to the car. Probably when it's all said and done I will just get it painted a nuetral color and call it a day.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #81
Qumongous
Customized Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Just noticed your poll question.

Shouldn't your car insurance take care of this?
I would definately put the car back to the way it was pre theft or even better. I would not give those jackasses the pleasure of seeing you ride around stock. You don't want to walk away feeling violated.

I would offer a reward also for any info. Someone knows who did it, and if you were at a house party it's likely at a lot of people know who did this.

Insurance may only cover the radio...... any other damages wouldn't be
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #82
qtr-camaro ss

Drives: Orange CAMARO SS/RS
sorry to see that ..
qtr-camaro ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #83
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I am so sorry someone did that to your car, but to be honest, if you live in an area that heavily supports a rival team, I am not at all surprised. Don't get me wrong, people need to learn to respect other people's property, but that is human nature. My suggestion would be to keep the custom color, looks great by the way, but lose the rest of it. People shouldn't react too strongly to your color choice, but I think the full treatment you had is asking for trouble if UNC isn't the local team.

On a related note, I have to ask, how the hell do you see out of your rear window?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #84
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Start looking for your wheels on Craigslist or Ebay. You might fine your perps.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote