Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
RobMorgan

Drives: 12 ZL1,ZR1, 57, 60, 67 vette Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvcamaro View Post
When they were shipped to the dealer (before being recalled lol), yellow "shock spacer/lifters" were used to lift the front end a little bit (do not know exactly how much) so they could be loaded/unloaded off the truck. During the PDI, they were to be removed and to be put in the glovebox so the customer could use them. I'd assume for appearance and to show off the car's lowered stance, ect., the spacers would be removed be removed at the car shows but you never know...
I went by the Dallas show again last night and tried to figure out a way to look, but between it being on a moving display and no way to stick my fat head under the low car, I could not see. There were also no Chevy people who seemed to know much about anything other than their regurigiated lines - so hopefully the info noxqq got in Milwaukee is correct. I would find it hard to believe that they would show the car other than in its "drive" configuration. I had one guy tell me that they are going to make all the ZL1s at one time and ship them all at once - no clue that there were already some made or anything about the QC hold.
ZL1 SIM, MN6, ECF #541
RobMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote