Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #15
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This is actually a standard feature on more cars than you think. Mostly German and Japanese though, I don't think I know of any American cars that have it....
Ford is the only U.S. automaker that I can think of. My 2005 Mustang GT had it (although later S197s might not have had it). I saw that the Fusion has it as an option.

I know a lot of GM vehicles have the coding (Buicks, late Pontiacs and the C5-C6 Corvette and 5th gen Camaro), it's just not activated.
There was a guy activating it in the BCM (Body Control Moduale) on Camaro5 forum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm likely getting an auto this time around, so auto start will allow me to crank the AC, but for the manual guys, this feature would be a tremendous help in the summer and it likely wouldn't cost GM much to implement.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #16
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
It would be great if you had to double tap for trunk release too, since we are talking about key fob ideas...
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #17
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
First time seeing this thread and I tried to do this exact thing roll my windows down with the fob in hopes it would work. Thinking this would be a cool feature or at least put the key in the door and hold it like my old 99 VW.
No plans in buying a 6th gen but think it would be a fav feature.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #18
danman_s

Drives: 2009 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This is actually a standard feature on more cars than you think. Mostly German and Japanese though, I don't think I know of any American cars that have it.

BMW made it a standard feature back in the late 1980s. Even before they had remote control locking, you could roll the windows/moonroof down and up by turning the key in the driver's door and holding it.

Mercedes, Volkswagen have all had it since the mid 1990s. Now Honda has it in the Accord and all Acuras. Maybe some of their other cars too, I'm not sure.

But I definitely agree it should be a feature on the Camaro.

Some aftermarket companies that make alarms, like Viper or their parent company DEI, make modules that will interface with the factory security system that can give you this function.
I thought that the new GM trucks have this feature.

Edit: Yes, the GM trucks have auto roll down from the remote, and they will also fold the mirrors as well.

Straight from the 2015 Sierra Manual:

Auto Mirror Folding
When on, the outside rearview mirrors will automatically fold or unfold when the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter lock or unlock button is pressed and held.
Select Off or On.

Remote Window Operation
This feature the window to open by using the RKE transmitter. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation on page 2-4.
Select Off or On.
danman_s is offline   Reply With Quote