Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #267
Xmetal

Drives: 2014 LS RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
E38 is the model of the ECM that is found in LS3/L99 Camaros. The ZL1 Camaro has an E67 ECM, for example.
Thank you
Xmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #268
Xmetal

I just called Pace Performance to buy an LS3 and transmission combo, but they couldn’t tell what ecm is with their setup. That is a bit sad that I was about to spend over $13,000 and they couldn’t confirm exactly what they were selling me. Here’s the link below in case anyone here may have some Insight.

https://paceperformance.com/Chevrole...SLS36L80E.html
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #269
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmetal View Post
I just called Pace Performance to buy an LS3 and transmission combo, but they couldn’t tell what ecm is with their setup. That is a bit sad that I was about to spend over $13,000 and they couldn’t confirm exactly what they were selling me. Here’s the link below in case anyone here may have some Insight.

https://paceperformance.com/Chevrole...SLS36L80E.html
For that kind of money you shouldn't have to guess, but it looks like an E67. That is weird they wouldn't tell you.

The Control Package part # is 19354328, and the actual ECM part is 19354329. The CPSLS36L80E is not unique to PACE as it is the universal code for the GM Connect & Cruise setup. Regardless, through a bunch of cross referencing I only get mentions of E67 being included with the kit, never anything concrete. But from what I remember and have read, the E67 is what is included in the GM setup.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #270
Xmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
For that kind of money you shouldn't have to guess, but it looks like an E67. That is weird they wouldn't tell you.
I was very surprised. At that point I’m better off buying an LS3 long block and then just buy the wiring harnesses needed and the ECM separately. How would I go about getting one programmed?
Old 03-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #271
Marlon1LS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS w/L99/TR6060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmetal View Post
I was very surprised. At that point I’m better off buying an LS3 long block and then just buy the wiring harnesses needed and the ECM separately. How would I go about getting one programmed?
You can copy one from a friend using EFI Live or similar programmer. Or find a repair shop that has the capability of re-flashing Control modules. But by all means stay away from dealerships!!! Unless you can pay the Tech under the table or he is allowed and willing to do side jobs separate from dealer. Sorry for the late response.
Marlon1LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:24 AM   #272
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
So what ever happened
Old 04-12-2022, 01:27 PM   #273
cobra30689

Drives: 2002 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencamaroguy033 View Post
I know you wanted Marlon, but I am a gm tech, and I can tell you that the v6 and V8 BCM is the same, however, the operating software is different, but gm uses “Global 3” in all of their modern modules. Basically Global 3 is a theft deterrent software that requires all modules to have the same vin number and verification codes in order to allow them to communicate. The verification code is given to the modules at installation of the modules. And cannot be seen by anyone other than gm themselves. My boss doesn’t appreciate my swap and won’t let me access my Camaros verification code, it is apparently a need to know basis kind of a thing. I’m not willing to buy a new ecm and bcm to program them together, because then there are many other modules to reprogram after that to wake them back up. But my thought is if the BCM only truly controls grounds like alldata states. If I ground all of G206 grounds to an active ground from the BCM, then I should get gauges back. Idk, I’m currently in construction with my theory, lol
I know this is an almost 2 year old post, but I cannot believe the audacity of dealership service departments these days. A swap such as this would have FASCINATED the crew I worked with back in the day, and we more than likely would have helped in the best manner we could. Of course time is of value and would have to be charged accordingly. For your boss to "not appreciate" your swap is crap.

Marlon you are an inspiration sir. I may consider one of these swaps in the future as V8 car prices are going through the roof. As one who V8 swapped a Fox Mustang in the past, I am no newbie to the process. These Zeta cars just require a bit more technological effort.
cobra30689 is offline   Reply With Quote