Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Bill Fraley

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT 6-SPD
New member and first time Camaro owner

Hi all,

I picked up a used 2010 Camaro 1LT 6MT two days ago. It was a one owner car with 42k miles on it. Yes, I intentionally wanted the 1LT. I already have two vehicles with V8s so wanted something different and more efficient.

My existing daily driver is a 2017 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with the Coyote V8. It has 32k miles on it. I am driving this truck way too much, and this is how I am here.

I started out looking for a new daily driver, without breaking the bank, that was more efficient but still fun to drive. I considered a 2012 Focus and a 2015 Mustang EcoBoost. The 2015 Mustang had an amazing price but sold before I made it to the dealer. I think I dodged a bullet on that one as the carfax showed 4 accidents and it was at 82k miles.

The Mustang was actually at a Chevy dealer so I test drove the Camaro while I was there.

The only Camaros I have ever really liked were the 69 RS/SS and the 2010 plus. I ended up with the Camaro for what I think is a good deal on a low mileage one owner @13k. It has the Boston Acoustics sound system and it is pretty good for a factory sound system.

I also have a 66 Mustang coupe I have been restoring/resto modding. It now has a Ford Racing 302 crate engine rated @340HP.

Sorry I dont have a better pic of my truck.

I have not done anything to the Camaro yet. I will be dumping the factory head unit for something that will run Waze. Probably an Android head unit. The cheap Chinese radios are not all junk, just need to know what to look for. I also want to upgrade all the lighting to LED and install leather on the seats. I am considering some other interior upgrades but still researching things, like the console gauges and a leather steering wheel swap.

Sent from my SM-A320F using Tapatalk
Bill Fraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
I guess everyone is out Black Friday shopping so The easiest mod you'll do is the gauges which are plug and play just make sure you pick the right transmission when you order them. Other than that good luck with your Camaro. You'll find a lot of answers in this forum.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Congrats & welcome!
Old 11-26-2018, 05:17 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

Name:  MAGIC FRIDGE.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  86.6 KB

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 11-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome, nice Mustang.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Bill Fraley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
Welcome, nice Mustang.
Thanks, I bought it in June and basically rebuilt the whole car mechanically. The suspension was completely shot. The body work and paint were done before I bought it and is not perfect. I did have to replace 85% of the exterior trim pieces as well.

Overall, the car is probably 90% done. I still have some more to do cosmetically and I have to get a higher stall converter to match the new crate motor.

I have a bunch of interior leather pieces coming, and I picked up a great condition leather SS steering wheel for $26 shipped. I hope it isn't too big of a pain to change it out. I doubt it will be as easy as the 66 Mustang was.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
Bill Fraley

Thanks for the welcome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!! Nice rides!!
Old 01-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #9
Bill Fraley

Made a few changes to the car today. Plasti dipped the bowties, changed the ugly chrome taillight bezels to black and added an OEM SS style rear spoiler.

Last month I replaced the radio and installed a leather shift knob.

I also replaced my truck with a 2018 RAM EcoDiesel.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #10
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Welcome to the Forum, you have a great collection there!