Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Smile BC Racing Coilovers

Front coilovers are installed! I got the rear disassembled but am waiting on sub frame bushings to arrive before i install the coil overs and everything else. Pictures below of the finished product, also there will be videos on the YouTube link in my signature every Saturday covering the install of my suspension parts. Install was very easy with overall, if your installing these and have any questions ask here or feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to answer them.
Attached Images

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
What do you think the weight difference is from the coilovers in front compared to stock parts? Any weight savings? Also how do you like the BC's ?... looks good on your car from what I can see!

Last edited by Jayjellyfish212; 01-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
What do you think the weight difference is from the coilovers in front compared to stock parts? Any weight savings? Also how do you like the BC's ?... looks good on your car from what I can see!
They are definitely lighter than the stock setup for sure! I don't know exactly how much, but I'd say at least 5LBS per side. I haven't driven on them yet so i cant give you much of a review yet, but the construction of them is defiantly great. As of now I would recommend them to anyone that is interested, but i haven't driven on them yet.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
They are definitely lighter than the stock setup for sure! I don't know exactly how much, but I'd say at least 5LBS per side. I haven't driven on them yet so i cant give you much of a review yet, but the construction of them is defiantly great. As of now I would recommend them to anyone that is interested, but i haven't driven on them yet.
Thanks.. I figured they had to be lighter than stock. Post up some pictures of the new stance when you can because I know the new stance is going to look sweet on your car for sure.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #5
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
Thanks.. I figured they had to be lighter than stock. Post up some pictures of the new stance when you can because I know the new stance is going to look sweet on your car for sure.
Will do! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Will do! Thanks!
I think I need the Q-10's BC coilovers for mine due to my year.. doing the research now ....
Old 01-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #7
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
I think I need the Q-10's BC coilovers for mine due to my year.. doing the research now ....
I ordered mine through Phastek and when i placed the order it had me select if i had a 2010-2012 or a 2013-2015 since there are some changes between the years. If your unsure I'd suggest calling BC or Phastek for some help. I'm happy to provide as much as I can!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Jayjellyfish212

Yupperz...I need the Q-10 BC coilovers for (14-15). Loved to hear your feed back once you test your BC's out..
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #9
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
Yupperz...I need the Q-10 BC coilovers for (14-15). Loved to hear your feed back once you test your BC's out..
I'll definitely post a review when i get to drive on them! Unfortunately I'm out of town for the rest of the week and wont be able to work on it this weekend, so the install is slightly delayed.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #10
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
I'll definitely post a review when i get to drive on them! Unfortunately I'm out of town for the rest of the week and wont be able to work on it this weekend, so the install is slightly delayed.
Sounds good! No rush.. winter has my car locked in the garage, so I'm just doing upgrades till spring.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #11
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Hope they work out for you. BC is eh, at least on other platforms there are many issues with mystery clunks and they may be underdamped for the springs.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #12
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
Hope they work out for you. BC is eh, at least on other platforms there are many issues with mystery clunks and they may be underdamped for the springs.
Where are you getting your info from? That's a very general statement, and doesn't sound like personal knowledge. I'm not biased one way or another, and am in the market for coil overs to upgrade my Camaro. I may not choose the BC Racing ER series, but I've researched the crap out of them, and from what I'm reading, they are one of the best bang for the buck coil overs in the under $1800 range. You can find negative crap about nearly any aftermarket part, but I've found the reviews to be overwhelmingly positive for BC Racing's product. I'm likely to go with Ride Tech, but mainly because I think it's a better set up for a weekend track car.

Not trying to be a ass, but the comment just sounds like you're throwing something against the wall, hoping it will stick.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #13
Jayjellyfish212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Where are you getting your info from? That's a very general statement, and doesn't sound like personal knowledge. I'm not biased one way or another, and am in the market for coil overs to upgrade my Camaro. I may not choose the BC Racing ER series, but I've researched the crap out of them, and from what I'm reading, they are one of the best bang for the buck coil overs in the under $1800 range. You can find negative crap about nearly any aftermarket part, but I've found the reviews to be overwhelmingly positive for BC Racing's product. I'm likely to go with Ride Tech, but mainly because I think it's a better set up for a weekend track car.

Not trying to be a ass, but the comment just sounds like you're throwing something against the wall, hoping it will stick.
I thought the same thing as you. I have only read good on the BC coilovers.
He must be thinking of the Megan coilovers as they had a few bad reviews, but the BC's are getting great reviews. I am waiting to see how the OP's test and feedback is on his BC coilovers.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #14
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
I'm speaking of my experience in the nissan/infiniti world. I have them on a 350z I have also known others who had them in subaru's with similar issues. On the 350z, they are not highly regarded for the reasons I mentioned. I cannot speak for the Camaro as I am researching for purchase. BC's Megan's and another name which escapes me are made by BC and sold seperately.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote