Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 08-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
ZL1Nation

Drives: Black A6 2013 ZL1
2013 ZL1 Stock Exhaust Mods

I am trying to figure out what the highest hp/tq combination is for my car while leaving on the stock exhaust. Everyone goes straight to headers and a tune. I have searched the topic and found nothing. Can anyone tell me a list of possible mods with stock exhaust. I will probably change the mufflers because they are rattling and I would add high flow cats if that helped but I am just curious of possibilities without headers. I was thinking lower pulley, CAI, thermostat, solid isolator and a tune. This car is an auto and is not my daily driver. I also would not have an objection over a small shot of nitrous. All ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.
ZL1Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Nation View Post
I am trying to figure out what the highest hp/tq combination is for my car while leaving on the stock exhaust. Everyone goes straight to headers and a tune. I have searched the topic and found nothing. Can anyone tell me a list of possible mods with stock exhaust. I will probably change the mufflers because they are rattling and I would add high flow cats if that helped but I am just curious of possibilities without headers. I was thinking lower pulley, CAI, thermostat, solid isolator and a tune. This car is an auto and is not my daily driver. I also would not have an objection over a small shot of nitrous. All ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.
Ran a 10% lower with CIA and tune with stock exhaust for a couple of years it was awesome, extra boost, min heatsoak.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Basically same setup as above, I have stock exhaust too. Put down 585/552 at the wheels with intake/pulley/tune.

I also did the solid isolator, but since the snout was off I went with a 2.5 upper instead of lower
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
The JRE 75 RWHP package is a perfect addition to your ZL-1.

It really makes the car feel well balanced and gets rid of that heavy feeling.

Don't touch the blower or you will void your 10 year 100K mile blower warranty.

Rotofab 10% crank pulley belt bolt, thermostat sparkplugs wires, SCT tuner JRE custom tuning all included.

https://jannettyracing.com/collectio...015-camaro-zl1

Any questions don't hesitate
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
ZL1Nation

Drives: Black A6 2013 ZL1
Thanks to everyone for their input. Rabbit hole is deep as I study up on combinations. JRE I noticed the 75 is upgraded to 125. If I decided to start at 125rwp upgrade can you just give me a tune on 93 octane? I would be installing all parts myself so if you can offer a package or tell me what I need to source. Do not need a catch can for example that was the first thing I put on my car. Also, if I go into the blower snout and install a solid isolator it voids my warranty? I was not even aware of the 10yr/100000mile. Thanks for the heads up.
ZL1Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Thanks to everyone for their input. Rabbit hole is deep as I study up on combinations. JRE I noticed the 75 is upgraded to 125. If I decided to start at 125rwp upgrade can you just give me a tune on 93 octane? I would be installing all parts myself so if you can offer a package or tell me what I need to source. Do not need a catch can for example that was the first thing I put on my car. Also, if I go into the blower snout and install a solid isolator it voids my warranty? I was not even aware of the 10yr/100000mile. Thanks for the heads up.
I offer 50-75-125 and 200 RWHP upgrade packages.

You can run our JRE 125 RWHP package on 93 octane, you are welcome to call and order everything you need to complete the 125 RWHP package less Items you already have.

Yes touch the blower and you void the blower extended warranty.

If it rattles have it replaced under the warranty.

Feel free to call any time 8-5 mon-fri eastern time.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
Dave Karl

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Conv.
Ok. You're saying that if I install the 75 rwhp kit it will not void my extended blower warranty? I checked with my local dealer and they told me it would void the remainder of my power train warranty. I didn't ask about the extended blower warranty.
Dave Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karl View Post
Ok. You're saying that if I install the 75 rwhp kit it will not void my extended blower warranty? I checked with my local dealer and they told me it would void the remainder of my power train warranty. I didn't ask about the extended blower warranty.
Your power train warranty is already done at 5 years. Yes the blowers is good until you put a pulley on it or technically put a tune on it, but you also can remove the lower pulley and tune if the SC starts to fail.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karl View Post
You are still overdriving the supercharger by installing a lower pulley. And if you tune and flash back to the stock maps, the dealer can tell it was tuned/changed prior.

It really depends on how the dealer approachs it. You need to be prepared to potentially lose your 10-year blower warranty if you do any pulley/tune.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
Dave Karl

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Your power train warranty is already done at 5 years. Yes the blowers is good until you put a pulley on it or technically put a tune on it, but you also can remove the lower pulley and tune if the SC starts to fail.
When I bought my '13 in 2016 it had only been in service previously for 8 months. It had 28 months of bumper to bumper left and 52 months of power train warranty left. I'm pretty sure you are you are right that any tune or pulley added would void any remaining warranty including the blower extended warranty. Where I'm located there not many ZL1's sold and the local Chevy dealers are helpful but they are not very familiar with the LSA supercharged motor. One local dealer told me they have never done a replacement of the supercharger coupler or supercharger. Thanks guys for the info.
Dave Karl is offline   Reply With Quote