Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
ok, it appears they want us to have our own day & time.

So with that being said, we will have much more liberty to split the groups up. He is supposed to be getting back to me next week with some possible dates and a price.

With that being said. I will most likely try and go to a date I listed above as well.

I will post up here to see if anyone else wants to go to another day with me as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
I'm tracking this...
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
May 22nd and I should be able to make it
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
FYI

Might be a little early but tickets are on sale for Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. KEEP THIS DATE OPEN! F-Body weekend is June 15th, 2013. Get your passes early and enjoy the discount. We are expecting a large crowd this year. There should ...be at least three of Ohio’s largest Camaro groups/clubs attending. Lets outdo the Mustang group this year. Good chance you will get a chance to be on the track after the event Saturday too. Just about everybody gets a door prize for attending the corral.
http://www.midohio.com/Store/Tickets/Event-Tickets/GRAND-AM-Rolex-Sports-Car-Series/ROLEX13-Weekend-GA-Advance
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
FYI

Might be a little early but tickets are on sale for Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. KEEP THIS DATE OPEN! F-Body weekend is June 15th, 2013. Get your passes early and enjoy the discount. We are expecting a large crowd this year. There should ...be at least three of Ohio’s largest Camaro groups/clubs attending. Lets outdo the Mustang group this year. Good chance you will get a chance to be on the track after the event Saturday too. Just about everybody gets a door prize for attending the corral.
http://www.midohio.com/Store/Tickets/Event-Tickets/GRAND-AM-Rolex-Sports-Car-Series/ROLEX13-Weekend-GA-Advance
The past two years the track time was nothing to brag about. It was like rush hour traffic because people thought it was cool to do burn outs instead
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
tomster
RedLine

Any one run here? http://nelsonledges.com/GOTfunDays.aspx I would be interested in doing that as well!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Any one run here? http://nelsonledges.com/GOTfunDays.aspx I would be interested in doing that as well!
I have not, but a few frineds I ride with have. They say it is rough and a short track.

Let's try and keep this thread on topic for mid-ohio and then start another thread about Nelson Ledges. I am not opposed to trying it once, just not excited about that track. If you do start a thread for Nelson Ledges, let us know about it here as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #22
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Keep me in mind please, I would be interested since Mid O is my most favorite track. I need to get a few gingerman events in first though to learn this car a bit.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Keep me in mind please, I would be interested since Mid O is my most favorite track. I need to get a few gingerman events in first though to learn this car a bit.
Ya, will do, but if you have never been on the track, I think Mid-ohio is the better option, just due to the class structure and instructors.

Also, let me know when you do Gingerman, make a thread and post a link here, or shot me a PM. I will also be hitting Gingerman again.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I ran Mid O before, just not with a big V8. Tracked with NASA HPDE and fell in love with that track. Looking forward to going back.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #25
TLSTWIN

Well I finally heard from Mid-Ohio.

Turns out the delayed communication could be Really good for us.

They are trying to configure a day just for us, insurance and all. He asked me to wait for a couple more weeks while they work on the details.

Regardless how this turns out, I will probably still do one of these other dates I have listed above as well.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
tomster
RedLine

Seems this thread has died. TLSTWIN do you have any new news.
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
tomster
RedLine

For tho's who saw this thread and thought its to much money.

You are WRONG! I just had the chance to run there (2 days) and I learned more about driving at this track that i ever had on the road. It is like nothing else you have ever done! at $10,000 per day to rent this track we need 35 cars to get the price down to 300 a person! I am telling you that is a bargain!!!

If you are from the area you need to be talking about this with you friends and getting more people Involved.

If you would like your cars aligned for the track (to get the most out of your car) I would be happy to do so at a great price at my shop (10 min from track) and align it back after.

I live ten min from the track would be happy to host something at my house as well!
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I really do wish it was cheaper, I just can't afford $300 for a day at the track. I know it would be a lot of fun and probably be worth it but I just can't bring myself to shelling out the money, maybe later on in the summer when I save some more up(cars been a money pit lately lol).
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote