Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
HennesseyRGV, I would shake your hand.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Very cool guys!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
The reason i started this thread was cause i wasnt born rich. One day before i started my businesses and my careers, it was going to be Thanksgiving and i had no money to be able to provide a Thanksgiving dinner for my family. So i grabbed a camera and a DVD player and i went over to my local pawn shop. When i got there at the pawn shop, i realized that i wasnt the only one that had no money for a Thanksgiving dinner when i saw the big line coming out of the pawn shop. The employees from the pawn shop closed the doors cause it was that time to close. And alot of people went home Empty handed. So yes i have been there. Now i make the best of it and learn that nothing is for granted and maybe i can go back one day, we never know. But as long as i can, i will help others....

Last edited by Hennesseyrgv; 05-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Hennesseyrgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
I don't have any pictures to contribute to your thread because I guess I'm a little self conscious about asking the people I help to pose for pictures. I don't want them to think I'm doing it for any other reason other than I want to help them.

Since I'm not much of a church goer...I make my peace with God AND make my husband crazy by doing random acts of kindness for total strangers who are less fortunate than I am. I have been known to tow people's cars off the side of the road, bring them to my own home and then install parts such as starters, alternators and radiators which I often pay for myself because I know they need the help. I always give these people my number and tell them if they ever need help again...they are welcome to call...and a few of them have...and when they did I helped them a second time. I also ask my husband (a landscaper) to employ people I find on the side of the road who are holding signs asking for help constantly...which he has always been willing to do for me. I have also given out thousand's of dollars in cash (which I really can't afford to do) $5 at a time...to people who appear to need it more than I do.

But my favorite "random act of kindness" by far is to give rides to strangers in my Camaro. The only thing between me and Target is a whole lot of apartments that cater to the less privileged and most of the residents have to walk to the store...so when it's cold outside...I never leave the store parking lot without picking up a couple of people and running them home. The looks I get when they get in my Camaro are priceless and Envy brings a smile to their face every time. I've never been a big fan of all the permagrin talk...but it really is true...and you don't have to own one to be affected.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread and giving me a place to share my story and I hope many others will follow his example because the world needs more people like him!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
ENVY,,, thanks for sharing your story with us....Hope others may follow
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
PEACE BE WITH YOU BROTHER
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I don't have pictures,but I'm always willing to help someone that is in need,there are times I wish I could do a lot more.It is unbelievable to me when I watch people ignore a person who needs a hand,though I understand the hesitation due to the con-artist out there,but a dollar or two isn't going to leave my kids hungry,and I feel good and know I'm very lucky to be where I am.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
Pima

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
we all need a reality check now and then to let us know how good we have it.
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Thumbs up

You sir are a great man! Every camaro owner or any citizen should help someone that is less fortunate out, it makes a big diffrence in there lifes!

camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I applaud your kindness my man.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote