Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #43
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
No, more like the '69 Rally Sport !

So...Just headlight covers basically? With slits in them?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #44
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

So...Just headlight covers basically? With slits in them?
Thats it, but make them operational !
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
And can we not try to hate on each other so much? Yes it was hydrogen not liquid oxygen. But whatever. Its a brainstorming thread All ideas are welcome I just may say no because I'd get a F haha. But I really do appreciate all the responses with ideas.
Those of you with criticism.....
haha. Just kidding. But I really do like the amount of responses I'm getting. Seems to me everyone wants a DIY seat adjuster?
No, it wasn't. It was ammonium perchlorate. Not hydrogen, not oxygen (though mostly oxygen). It is a solid and was stored in drums. It is only dangerous when in the presence of a fuel. As an engineer in training myself, I am surprised that you didn't recognize the term 'ammonium perchlorate'. Like you, my field is mechanical but its my understand that all engineers share a common basic understanding of chemistry.

I don't believe any of your research claims (for a number of reasons), but I do believe you when you say that you are looking for a capstone project related to the Camaro. So, I will help you with that but only in a general sense. Having gone through the design thesis already, it will be different from pretty much everything you've done so far. It is vital that you have a project of appropriate scope. Being ambitious sounds wonderful, but telling people 'well, if it actually worked it would do this' at the end of the year is embarrassing. Doing lots of preliminary research into the area you are working will give you a feel for what the 'unknown unknowns' are -the things you don't know that you don't know. Lastly, create a timeline with intermediate phases and deadlines and stick to it. It's a lot better to have a few all nighters throughout the semester than to not get any sleep in the last week.

Best of luck to you
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #46
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by walls View Post
And at the risk of being banned from this forum, I must be ask the OP to explain to me how he managed to get cold fusion to work...because there are no patents for working cold fusion and extensive dollars placed into programs in this country by our government have only yielded a few electron volts. In fact, cold fusion is considered a pathological science. The only place where practical fusion of any kind exists in this solar system (unless Martians have figured this out) is inside the glowing ball of plasma aptly named the Sun.

So, how did you get cold fusion to power the electrical wing of your high school?
+ 1, i thought that as soon as I read it. I know that people have gotten cold fusion to work before, but its never been sustainable, or put out more energy than it takes in. So if this guy really managed to create sustainable cold fusion he would be ushering us into a new age of technology and be pretty filthy rich for eternity. I mean, huge research groups and teams of scientists have been working on this for YEARS and still haven't perfected it, come on now.