Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #15
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Of course he can be hit. Here's where we separate the people that know what they're talking about and those that are just flapping their gums. Mayweather will more than likely let the fight go as long as possible knowing that McGregor will want to knock him out or simply can't go the distance. Mayweather CAN go the distance, he WILL control the fight and he will make McGregor his bitch.

My humble opinion is to the untrained eye it might look like a run and hide, duck and jive kinda of match for May, but remember that boxing is about lungs and defense as much as it is about skill and punching. Boxers have to be much faster and have much MUCH more stamina than MMA fighters and I've seen McGregor gas in second rounds of MMA fights. 15 minutes vs your peers and fighters of your caliber and fighters you are somewhat much better than vs 36 minutes of boxing vs the greatest boxer, (arguably ever) is much different.

There's a huge percentage of natural talent that comes into play here as well as training that you add on top of that. Let's say that ideally both fighters are in the same exact shape and train to the exact same standard and perfection.
Which fighter has the edge when it comes to natural boxing talent?

There's a reason you have to bet $550 on Mayweather just to win $100.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #16
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
What were those Pacquiao odds again before he lost to that school teacher, -600?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #17
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
What were those Pacquiao odds again before he lost to that school teacher, -600?
Ouch. Someone swiped right and has a little man crush.

Speak to the fight on hand, not to fights that have no bearing on what's to come. Kindly share with us the in-depth knowledge you may possess that might convince us all that McGregor will claim victory over Mayweather. I'll give you a hint. "Him fights real good" is not a good analysis.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #18
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Ouch. Someone swiped right and has a little man crush.

Speak to the fight on hand, not to fights that have no bearing on what's to come. Kindly share with us the in-depth knowledge you may possess that might convince us all that McGregor will claim victory over Mayweather. I'll give you a hint. "Him fights real good" is not a good analysis.
I'm just saying don't discount him... everyone has a chance to beat a legend, even a teacher. Cause him fights real good.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #19
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
I'm just saying don't discount him... everyone has a chance to beat a legend, even a teacher. Cause him fights real good.

LOL. Well $hit. I got nothing. Because you can't argue that. Now I'm thinking about upsets. I'm an Alabama fan.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #20
sherob

Quote:
LOL. Well $hit. I got nothing. Because you can't argue that. Now I'm thinking about upsets. I'm an Alabama fan.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #21
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Would anyone give the best triathlete in the world a ghost of a chance in a swimming race with Michael Phelps?

This is the same thing.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #22
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Would anyone give the best triathlete in the world a ghost of a chance in a swimming race with Michael Phelps?

This is the same thing.
Sherob would.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #23
sherob

Quote:
Sherob would.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 AM   #24
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #25
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I may go to a bar/restaurant to watch. But they'll pay through the nose too and might not get it. I won't pay the home fee. I feel I got burned several times in the 80's for $50 a fight and Tyson would knock 'em out in 50 seconds. Buck a second!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #26
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
It would be much more entertaining if they would give them each a baseball bat with spikes through it and a garbage can lid for a shield, Snake Plissken style!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #27
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Of course he can be hit. Here's where we separate the people that know what they're talking about and those that are just flapping their gums. Mayweather will more than likely let the fight go as long as possible knowing that McGregor will want to knock him out or simply can't go the distance. Mayweather CAN go the distance, he WILL control the fight and he will make McGregor his bitch.

My humble opinion is to the untrained eye it might look like a run and hide, duck and jive kinda of match for May, but remember that boxing is about lungs and defense as much as it is about skill and punching. Boxers have to be much faster and have much MUCH more stamina than MMA fighters and I've seen McGregor gas in second rounds of MMA fights. 15 minutes vs your peers and fighters of your caliber and fighters you are somewhat much better than vs 36 minutes of boxing vs the greatest boxer, (arguably ever) is much different.

There's a huge percentage of natural talent that comes into play here as well as training that you add on top of that. Let's say that ideally both fighters are in the same exact shape and train to the exact same standard and perfection.
Which fighter has the edge when it comes to natural boxing talent?

There's a reason you have to bet $550 on Mayweather just to win $100.
I agree with this pretty much spot on. I do give McGregor a punchers chance, bc the man does pack some power. However that is also with 4 oz gloves. Mayweather fights to win, and his style of winning is very technical. I mean you have a fight that basically comes down to this.

One of if not the best technical boxer of all time fighting a guy who has never boxed professionally or amateur in his life. If McGregor has any chance, IMO he will have to do it in the first 4 rounds. I don't think he has the stamina to go all 12.

Basically I see McGregor maybe tagging Mayweather once, but then punching himself out trying to finish him by throwing wildly
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #28
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I agree with this pretty much spot on. I do give McGregor a punchers chance, bc the man does pack some power. However that is also with 4 oz gloves. Mayweather fights to win, and his style of winning is very technical. I mean you have a fight that basically comes down to this.

One of if not the best technical boxer of all time fighting a guy who has never boxed professionally or amateur in his life. If McGregor has any chance, IMO he will have to do it in the first 4 rounds. I don't think he has the stamina to go all 12.

Basically I see McGregor maybe tagging Mayweather once, but then punching himself out trying to finish him by throwing wildly
Mcgregor has actually done some boxing before MMA, I just can't find any stats or solid info on it. He's no stranger to the sport, which leads me to believe if he had been any good he might have stuck with it rather than MMA, but that's pure conjecture.