Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 06-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Using Torco or other additive

Hey Now,
I just got my 2013 ZL1, Inferno Orange about 3 weeks ago. I am blown away by the power and handling, although I am trying to keep it calm for the breakin.
My question to those of more motor knowledge is this...does adding some torco or other fuel additive to the gas help the stock ZL1 create significantly more horsepower. i.e. is that something you do?
If not torco, is there another product recommended?
I need some opinions and would appreciate intelligent explanations and numbers regarding higher octane usage so I can learn a little somethin.
Sorry no pics, but it's 95 and HUMID in Austin so I don't wanna walk outside right now...will do
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Sorry, being a novice I meant this to be in the motor/drivetrain section, but was lookin at wheels at the time... Oh well
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Assuming you are bone stock, i doubt you need more than 93 octane you get from the pump. If you are not getting any knock retard, more octane wont help without a tune. If the stock setup is actually knocking from heat, then ya, torco would help.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
IMO, Torco is the only product that helps boost you octane level. Like Drew said though if you are stock, 93 should be perfectly fine. I have a Maggie running 11lbs of boost and a 50 shot of nitrous so I put in a couple of bottles of Torco with my 93 when I go racing to help prevent any problems.
rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote