Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: xbox360 or ps3?
xbox 360 36 55.38%
ps3 29 44.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #29
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Prices will come down on this new invention when blue ray came out (only a couple of years ago)the players were 2000$ now you can buy one for 199.00 and next year they will be 99.00 and so on ,by the time the NEW XBOX 720 comes out it should have solid state ready to go at a cheap price and kill the PS3 or PS4 , then blue ray disks will be used as WIND CHIME'S
Wow so much biased, complete misinformation and in this post it's unbelievable.

Ok first of all get the facts straight. Blue-ray players NEVER started out at $2,000, nor were they $1,000, hell they didn't even start out at $500. When they were first released they ranged in price between $350 and $400 depending on the brand. Currently the good, name brand players range in price between $250-$300 (I should know, I just bought 2 this week for Christmas presents). Yes you can find some Korean or Chinese made ones for $200 but if you bother to read the reviews they don't last more then 6 months. Since generally speaking it takes 5 years for new technology to reduce in price by half, these prices are normal.

Ok now for solid state prices. Using the same 5 year rule, in 5 years a memory stick with the same capacity as a current blue-ray disk will still cost $100 each not including the cost of the game developers which will probably add another $50 due to the length of development time, pay rates of game developers, the cost of production, shipping, and advertisement. That's $150 for a GAME. The system itself will have to be double what the PS3 was when it was first released. If you thought $600 was a lot, can you imagine spending over $1,200? Let's not forget that the PS3 will still be out and producing the same game for $60 and that IF the next Xbox goes solid state it will not nor can not be backwards compatible. During this same 5 year time span, larger capacity Blue-ray disks will have come out with two to four times the capacity that these same solid state memory sticks have and still be a fraction of the cost. The next Xbox will be out before this 5 year time frame so those costs will actually be higher. So I will say again it is not, nor will not be economical for a gaming system to go solid state for at least 10 years.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #30
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
this s--t is so dorky. buy what you like and that's it. i buy for tekken and that's coming out on both so i can care less
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nonsense, this is a serious conversation. It's not dorky!

I posted this in the other thread, but i will post it here too. PS3 has metal gear so this is how it works out. Until metal gear comes out for computer(which will never happen, and i don't know why), it will only be the PS3 for me. Every other feature whether it is offered by xbox or ps3 doesn't matter to me, as long as i can play the highest rated game ever.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Wow so much biased, complete misinformation and in this post it's unbelievable.

Ok first of all get the facts straight. Blue-ray players NEVER started out at $2,000, nor were they $1,000, hell they didn't even start out at $500. When they were first released they ranged in price between $350 and $400 depending on the brand. Currently the good, name brand players range in price between $250-$300 (I should know, I just bought 2 this week for Christmas presents). Yes you can find some Korean or Chinese made ones for $200 but if you bother to read the reviews they don't last more then 6 months. Since generally speaking it takes 5 years for new technology to reduce in price by half, these prices are normal.

Ok now for solid state prices. Using the same 5 year rule, in 5 years a memory stick with the same capacity as a current blue-ray disk will still cost $100 each not including the cost of the game developers which will probably add another $50 due to the length of development time, pay rates of game developers, the cost of production, shipping, and advertisement. That's $150 for a GAME. The system itself will have to be double what the PS3 was when it was first released. If you thought $600 was a lot, can you imagine spending over $1,200? Let's not forget that the PS3 will still be out and producing the same game for $60 and that IF the next Xbox goes solid state it will not nor can not be backwards compatible. During this same 5 year time span, larger capacity Blue-ray disks will have come out with two to four times the capacity that these same solid state memory sticks have and still be a fraction of the cost. The next Xbox will be out before this 5 year time frame so those costs will actually be higher. So I will say again it is not, nor will not be economical for a gaming system to go solid state for at least 10 years.

Sorry I was thinking DVD players when they first came out they were up to$2000 many years ago , now they are 49.00 or less for a name brand like Panasonic or Samsung etc .Blue ray will follow the same path as all technology does when it becomes obsolete , solid state will take over and thats a fact it's just a matter of when not if

ps. I think your 5 year theory is flawed , solid state memory sticks will evolve much faster than you think , and will dominate the market
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #33
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I was a hardcore PS2 fan, up until my brother got a 360. Then after playing it, and waiting for the PS3s game selection to improve, and waiting, and waiting... i played Forza 2 on 360, and bought one the following week. Hopped on Live and haven't looked back. I played some demos and such for GT5, as i am an avid GT fan, but it alone won't persuade me to get a PS3. They need some more games, and better variety then what they have now, before i'll buy a PS3.

I love my 360!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #34
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
why is it that when somthing new comes out and its "techy" its one the best thing you can get until 5 months later a company makes somthing better and now your "techy" thing you bought is consider old peice of crap slow worthless small stoarge bugging waste of space on earth.

I guess thats bizniz
Old 12-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #35
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Blue ray will follow the same path as all technology does when it becomes obsolete , solid state will take over and thats a fact it's just a matter of when not if

ps. I think your 5 year theory is flawed , solid state memory sticks will evolve much faster than you think , and will dominate the market
Yes all technology will eventually follow this path. Like I said in one of my other posts, I'm not arguing that solid state can't take over as it will. My point is it won't happen in time for the next Xbox.

Apply the 5 year "rule" to everything in the past that involves technology whether it be tv's, dvd players, vcr's, computers, hell even cars and you'll see that they all follow that rule. The only things that don't follow that "rule" are things that get updated or replaced more then once every 5 years.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #36
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
PS3 is the ricer of the video game world
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #37
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
PS3 is the ricer of the video game world
god, why do people fight fire with fire!

this is pathetic

Its not like someone went up to your wife or mother and started insulting her, They are damn video games they don't need to be defended! they dont have emotions!

why we cant just say that "i chose the ps3 cause i like to watch movies and i love mgs4"

OR

"i chose the xbox360 because it had a wide variety of games and i love halo 3"

ricer means cheap annoying foreign cars that have useless body modifications,

this thread

rant over
Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #38
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
god, why do people fight fire with fire!

this is pathetic

Its not like someone went up to your wife or mother and started insulting her, They are damn video games they don't need to be defended! they dont have emotions!

why we cant just say that "i chose the ps3 cause i like to watch movies and i love mgs4"

OR

"i chose the xbox360 because it had a wide variety of games and i love halo 3"

ricer means cheap annoying foreign cars that have useless body modifications,

this thread

rant over

PS3: Japanese, best feature is playing movies in high def, way flashier exterior than the 360

360: More purpose built, American, online community is full of fun people and isn't as saturated with douchebags IMO

It's fine if nobody else sees my connection but I do so I posted it
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #39
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I had to pick one so I went with 360 cause I had it first. But in about one week I will have PS3 and I love both but unfortunately I can only vote for one
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #40
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
hey video games take us way back and are good memories and even if they don't have emotions they are out pasion, i defend my passions just like i defend my camaro from ricers at school even tho my camaro doesn't have emotions.

Its JUST a game and all but when its online and you play it with your mom and dad, cusins and relatives it gets in your head and becomes a part of your entertainment life, i have owned a xbox for 7 years 2002-2006 xbox and 2006-2009 xbox 360 and it has brought great memories playing with my mom and dad back in the day since i never knew they would play anything like that.

Tho we don't have to make a HUGE deal out of it, but..... Its like mustang vs camaro camaro has always been faster by stock just like xbox has lots of games and online play.
The ps3 is not as great as the xbox (camaro) but still has a kickass look and good games and a very good blu-ray player.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #41
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
I have all 3 systems, this is how I see it.
Xbox 360: appeal mainly to just hardcore gamers, lots of games but their are lot of crappy games to.

Nintendo: more of a causal party system when you bring you friends over or play with your family. Playing by yourself gets boring.

Ps3: takes a Broad approach, apeals to both casual gamers and Hardcore games. But a little more pricey. But when you look at standard features compared to the 360 the PS3 is waaaaay cheaper. Ps3 emphisis is on quality of games over quanity, AND it shows. Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Resistance2 (better than Halo 3), Motorstorm 2 etc... Notice that PS3 AAA games are not just shooters like the 360. As of fall 2008 the best gaming system is PS3, in 2009 the 360 HAS NOTHING!!! the PS3 still has Gran turismo 5, Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy rain, God of war 3 etc... Sony is preparing a gaming blitz for 2009. Ps3 is the best way to go.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #42
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
PS3: Japanese, best feature is playing movies in high def, way flashier exterior than the 360

360: More purpose built, American, online community is full of fun people and isn't as saturated with douchebags IMO

It's fine if nobody else sees my connection but I do so I posted it

alot of my friends have 360 sigh and they leave me out of convos when talking about halo 3 i want a xbox btw just dont feel like selling my ps3

and ps3 owners dont even use their mic so its pretty lame while playing online and all you hear is nothing, but theres the ocasional 14yo trash talker who thinks hes funny, ive watched a few movies

ill wait and see whats in store for 09

but i absolutly hate is when your playing any game and you kill the guy and martydom or right before he dies he chucks a grenade in your face

Tag: its up to you go on game websites and look up the amount of sutible games for your child. ive mainly play fps or racing games. my guess is ask your kids what they want?