Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #15
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
"

The only explanation would be that this IS in fact marketed by FLEX, but sub-contracted out to Cree for manufacturing.
My guess is that's the case.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square), GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Joe Thanks for posting this thread......
No, thank you for being honest about the products you sell, EVERY Adams product that is not made by Adams has a circled "Flag" in the item description on the Adams website, which states where the product is made, no surprises to find out later on.

Also, customer service at Adams is as good as you will find at ANY business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
I'm really surprised that the real FLEX company hasn't done something about this. The counterfeit even has the same font in the logo. I wonder how many have bought these, had the battery holder break, and then said, "Flex is a crappy brand. I'm not buying ANYTHING they make."

The only explanation would be that this IS in fact marketed by FLEX, but sub-contracted out to Cree for manufacturing.
The light is on the Flex "North America" website. The light is bought from Cree by them, and then they put their name on it and advertise it as if they design and produce it.

Unfortunately this is common business practice by some companies today. Buy it cheap, put your name on it, mark it up, and mislead prospective customers into believing it's from your company.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, Tuned via SCTX4 by Dynosteve at RDP.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #17
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Unfortunately this is common business practice by some companies today. Buy it cheap, put your name on it, mark it up, and mislead prospective customers into believing it's from your company.
I would bet this is the case for a bunch of detailing products; I'm almost certain it's the case for 'branded' detailing clay from a number of vendors (who have someone else make the clay and then they put a different brand label on it). Wouldn't be surprised if it's true for lots of other non-chemical products (like towels, brushes, etc). The extent to which it's misleading obviously varies by company, but lots of that stuff I suspect is made somewhere else and re-sold as a brand name, to your point, with a price premium.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square), GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #18
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
Joe, I am wondering why you specified < 250 Lumens when there are LED lights at 2000 and 3000 Lumens?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If the light is too bright it can make defects hard to see.

Around 250 works good on a variety of paints. The most important things when using a handheld light are to make sure you hold it around 12 inches from the area being inspected at an angle of around 45 to 60 degrees, and also to not have other light sources competing with it.

Here's a video on different light sources and how they look... this vehicle is white, which shows less then a darker color would. The guy who made this likes the Brinkmann, but unfortunately it has been discontinued.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, Tuned via SCTX4 by Dynosteve at RDP.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 01-15-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #20
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
got one from walmart that had a super bright setting that seems to work great for me. think it is 250 lumens

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote