Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #1597
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
yeah, I didn't go last year, but went the 2 years prior...I've already paid for my registration & the dinner...I ended up going to Akron...was a nice cruise in...small town, like where I'm from...also, I may be back in town tues/Wed next week
I should of thought of this sooner, sorry.
Check out this link for practically every happening in Western New York:
http://www.showandcruisenews.com/index.html
Old 08-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #1598
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Hey Guys (and Gals) - I am not sure how many of the Buffalo group view the UpstateC5 site but I just wanted to do a bump for an upcoming event in Geneva. Check out the USGMSAT event coming 9/21 this year. Maybe the last time to run the Glen in 2013. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309711

From the thread - Ordering trophies this week, music is set, WG track is set, and the same people that did food last year will be there again this year! I spoke to the dealership earlier this week (in fact-bought and picked up a new 2013 Silverado 4x4 Z71) and they are extremely excited for this year's show. They are ordering in GM give a ways and said something about a couple special give a ways for first place Corvette and Camaro. Things are coming together so lets get signed up. Only 5 weeks before the show!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #1599
2010CAMAROJ

Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
2013 Olcott Beach Car Show

This is coming up soon..Just trying to see how many are coming out for this one. I am willing to have people over after for a BBQ if interested as we did last year, my house isn't that far from the show. Just putting feelers out there to get a head count. Let me know if you are interested and we can have a meet up point in the am at the same place we did last year.

2013 Olcott Beach Classic Car Show Information

The Time Travelers of WNY, Inc. presents the 24th Annual Olcott Beach Car Show on August 31st, 2013.

Located in a shaded park, on the shores of Lake Ontario, the Olcott Beach Classic Car Show has grown into one of the largest outdoor car events in Western New York.

Ronald McDonald House is the dedicated charity of the Time Travelers of WNY. We have since sponsored and decorated a room at RMH, attended and volunteered for various programs throughout the year at RMH, and have donated substantial portions of the Olcott Beach Classic Car Show proceeds for many years.

On the day of the show, the park opens at 8:00 a.m. for registration. We are limiting the number of vehicles in the park to 1,000. There is no pre-registration. Please note – no cars are allowed in the park prior to our opening up the gate. No tents will be allowed in the park. Admission for spectators is free.

While you’re in line, you will be given a release form to sign, and an application. You will also be given a Time Travelers pen/marker. Give the signed release form and $l5.00 to our volunteers wearing a green vest.

After you park, fill out the application and take it to the pavilion to register and get your window card. Use the marker end of the pen to fill out your window card. At registration you will get a dash plaque and poster.

This year, we have the added attraction of Dennis Gage from the Speed Channel. He will be at our show filming for a future episode for “My Classic Car”.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #1600
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfco13 View Post
Just a for this Saturday, if your not going to BBOMG.
Attachment 545041

And Fantasy Island on Sunday, to!
http://www.martinsfantasyisland.com/...3_car_show.pdf
Did you go? How was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CAMAROJ View Post
This is coming up soon..Just trying to see how many are coming out for this one. I am willing to have people over after for a BBQ if interested as we did last year, my house isn't that far from the show. Just putting feelers out there to get a head count. Let me know if you are interested and we can have a meet up point in the am at the same place we did last year.

2013 Olcott Beach Classic Car Show Information

The Time Travelers of WNY, Inc. presents the 24th Annual Olcott Beach Car Show on August 31st, 2013.

Located in a shaded park, on the shores of Lake Ontario, the Olcott Beach Classic Car Show has grown into one of the largest outdoor car events in Western New York.

Ronald McDonald House is the dedicated charity of the Time Travelers of WNY. We have since sponsored and decorated a room at RMH, attended and volunteered for various programs throughout the year at RMH, and have donated substantial portions of the Olcott Beach Classic Car Show proceeds for many years.

On the day of the show, the park opens at 8:00 a.m. for registration. We are limiting the number of vehicles in the park to 1,000. There is no pre-registration. Please note – no cars are allowed in the park prior to our opening up the gate. No tents will be allowed in the park. Admission for spectators is free.

While you’re in line, you will be given a release form to sign, and an application. You will also be given a Time Travelers pen/marker. Give the signed release form and $l5.00 to our volunteers wearing a green vest.

After you park, fill out the application and take it to the pavilion to register and get your window card. Use the marker end of the pen to fill out your window card. At registration you will get a dash plaque and poster.

This year, we have the added attraction of Dennis Gage from the Speed Channel. He will be at our show filming for a future episode for “My Classic Car”.

We'll have to make Dennis Gage film our 5th gen group for the show as the "future classics" feature! I hope to go nut unsure at this point! I'll let you know!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #1601
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CAMAROJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
We'll have to make Dennis Gage film our 5th gen group for the show as the "future classics" feature! I hope to go nut unsure at this point! I'll let you know!
Unfortunately, Fox has f_cked up the Speed Channel by re-branding it as FoxSports1, killing car stuff and adding stick/ball crap. My Classic Car is moving to MavTV and also to Velocity in Jan. Some other shows may also move to Velocity.

Last edited by ZED SLED; 08-20-2013 at 11:30 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #1602
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
That explains why I have a channel in my favorites that always has something I am not interested in! That must mean Pass Time and Pinks are no longer? Obviously been too busy to be watching a lot of tv lately.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #1603
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
That explains why I have a channel in my favorites that always has something I am not interested in! That must mean Pass Time and Pinks are no longer? Obviously been too busy to be watching a lot of tv lately.
Probably have to search all these shows on the web to find out where they land. Gearz?
If I want to watch a sport where all the players go jump in the shower together after the event, I'll watch ESPN, or Bravo, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #1604
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Did you go? How was it?

We and Sunset6928 went to both. The UAW 686 show was small, but fun. About 50 cars, food, music and about a dozen vendors of American made goods and services.
The Fantasy Island was cool! about 300 cars spread out all over. We saw Rallysport2010 and MidlifecriSS on the way in, but lost them in the crowd (UAW 774 and an a few other groups where having picnics, too). We caught up with them at their cars as eveyone was packing up to go.

Congrats to both Rallysport2010 and MidlifecriSS for trophy wins!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #1605
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
Gm car show at the powertrain on river road Saturday ill be there and Jason all are welcome
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #1606
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
I saw Pass Time on Fox Sports 1 but it was early on Saturday and repeats! I hope they put it back on at 7-8 like it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
Gm car show at the powertrain on river road Saturday ill be there and Jason all are welcome
I might be able to go! What time?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #1607
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
Register is 9-12 meet at k and s on river road around 830
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1608
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Might want to think earlier. We were lucky last year. That's a lot of cars.

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #1609
Sunset6928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
I am in for the GM show Keith. Still meeting at K & S around 8:30am on Saturday?
Sunset6928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1610
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Save me a spot at the show. I won't be there till around 10