Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #57
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
HAHAHAHA, I love his enthusiasm. I think he has an ecoboost now, he is going to love that V8 and that awesome exhaust note.

Good for him.
For all the bickering we do at one another, we all love these cars. Its easy to lose sight of that. We are fortunate to have so many cool cars available for relatively reasonable prices.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #58
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
For all the bickering we do at one another, we all love these cars. Its easy to lose sight of that. We are fortunate to have so many cool cars available for relatively reasonable prices.
Preach!!!
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #59
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Preach!!!
Damn right, I love them all!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #60
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Update: I finally drove the Bullitt and man, the sound is incredible. The exhaust note combined with the engine sound is truly amazing. Yes, better than the LT1.

However, it didn't feel as fast as the Camaro due to having less torque. Yes, it has more HP but for every-day driving, I found the Camaro to be much quicker than the Bullitt.

I'm still torn as I like the transmission and the engine of the Camaro, but ergonomics and cool 12" LCD screen and other stuff about Bullitt (better audio, easier to find tire sizes, etc).

FWIW, I'm getting a $1,500 discount off the Bullitt which is amazing.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #61
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_ST View Post
Update: I finally drove the Bullitt and man, the sound is incredible. The exhaust note combined with the engine sound is truly amazing. Yes, better than the LT1.

However, it didn't feel as fast as the Camaro due to having less torque. Yes, it has more HP but for every-day driving, I found the Camaro to be much quicker than the Bullitt.

I'm still torn as I like the transmission and the engine of the Camaro, but ergonomics and cool 12" LCD screen and other stuff about Bullitt (better audio, easier to find tire sizes, etc).

FWIW, I'm getting a $1,500 discount off the Bullitt which is amazing.
Awesome man, and congrats! I agree with you, the new factory exhaust sounds amazing!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #62
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Option out a a ZL1 1LE on the Canadian website. You'll hit 80k BEFORE taxes (MSRP). After sales tax its 90k. No dealer extras. There's also luxury tax as well which scales up the sales tax a smudge higher. And before you know you're scraping at 100k. The OP is from BC so they'll be dealing with ICBC inflated insurance prices. Trust me when I say I been through this struggle. The difference in our calculations might be that I include taxes in my numbers so reality doesn't seem all sunshines and unicorns the dealers play it out to be. But If there's discounts included that's a different story.
The bigger problem is even if you can afford a new ZL1 you’ll be on a wait list for a year or more because they only sent about 250 ZL1’s to canada in the last 2 years.

For the same reason, there are hardly any used ones available.
The used asking price on these cars is the same or more than the new price because they are so rare and ppl are trying to make money on them... are they actually selling for what they are asking used? I don’t know but I doubt it, I saw a few for sale for 6 months for at or over MRSP and they never moved... that was before an act of God got me a brand new ZL1 from a guy who ordered it but didn’t want to purchase it and sold me the “rights” to it for $500. It cost $77,500 CAD (before taxes) with an A10 trans and PDR.

On top of all that tax you’ll have to pay Provincial Sales Tax twice if you buy it out of province and then get reimbursed a few months later!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #63
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild One View Post
Yes but it’s the living that really pay.

AC tax?...on top of luxury tax?
We also have taxes on used car purchases in BC canada, that one really bugs me!!!

Also you’ll have to pay Provincial Sales Tax twice if you buy a new car out of province and then get reimbursed a few months later.

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 09-24-2018 at 11:21 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #64
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Ok here goes. If resale value is important to you then do yourself a favor and look at the resale value of 1LEs, this should answer your question. The Bullitt is in high demand and your purchasing for what would be considered a very good price. Resale value I expect will be good.

If track performance is your thing the 1LE is the better car. For everything else: Street, Strip, and Comfort the Bullitt is your car.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 09-25-2018 at 07:13 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #65
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Ok here goes. If resale value is important to you then do yourself a favor and look at the resale value of 1LEs, this should answer your question. The Bullitt is in high demand and your purchasing for what would be considered a very good price. Resale value I expect will be good.

If track performance is your thing the 1LE is the better car. For everything else: Street, Strip, and Comfort the Bullitt is your car.
Resale value is the exact same when you factor in what you pay for the car and what it is worth years down the road. I say that because you can get a Camaro without markups. So while it doesn't affect MSRP, it does affect what you pay out of your pocket for the car. So what is the difference if a Camaro MSRPs at $40K and then is worth $25K in 10 years vs a Mustang that MSRPs at $40K, has a $10K markup, and is worth $35K in 10 years? You are still losing the same amount of money.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #66
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Resale value is the exact same when you factor in what you pay for the car and what it is worth years down the road. I say that because you can get a Camaro without markups. So while it doesn't affect MSRP, it does affect what you pay out of your pocket for the car. So what is the difference if a Camaro MSRPs at $40K and then is worth $25K in 10 years vs a Mustang that MSRPs at $40K, has a $10K markup, and is worth $35K in 10 years? You are still losing the same amount of money.
The question is 62k for the 1LE, or 63k for the Bullitt which car will hold its value better? Which car will be in demand in the future? Which car won't be worth anymore than a standard SS?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #67
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
It would be really hard for me to pay msrp for a '19 1LE when it's uglier and you can get '18s for <$40k right now. I'd live with a color I didn't love to save money and not get the "refresh".

Bullitt is a super-ugly appearance package dedicated to a mediocre movie and a questionable actor. I don't get the appeal, but I do understand people will pay a hefty premium for it on the used market years down the road. Whatever!
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #68
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
The Bullitt is much more compatible to a 2SS and not the 1le. The PP2 mustang competes with that.

I had an order in for a Bullitt and cancelled it do to a dealer not being able to get one.
I then ordered a loaded 2SS and saved over 8k.
You won’t get that back on a used Bullitt down the road.
Airfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #69
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So what is the difference if a Camaro MSRPs at $40K and then is worth $25K in 10 years vs a Mustang that MSRPs at $40K, has a $10K markup, and is worth $35K in 10 years? You are still losing the same amount of money.
I have been saying the same thing about the Boss. Yeah it holds a higher value than a 5th gen 1LE, it also sold for a lot more.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #70
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The question is 62k for the 1LE, or 63k for the Bullitt which car will hold its value better? Which car will be in demand in the future? Which car won't be worth anymore than a standard SS?
The Bullitt is a glorified GT and doesn't hold much value (if any at all) over the standard GT. Now that we got that out of the way...even if it does hold more value, which would be so little it would be insignificant, you still are paying more for it. So is it really holding more value? No, it isn't. Especially if they tack on $10K in markups which we all know they're doing. So "$62K" for the Camaro that you will get at MSRP or less with rebates that loses half it's value? Or "$63K" for a Bullitt that will have $10K added on to it that loses half it's value? Do the math. Or, do you want a track capable performance ready SS 1LE that'll either eat up or keep up with just about any available Mustang right now without having to worry about oil consumption, drivetrain vibrations, spontaneous combustion, or overheating? Or a Bullitt which is nothing more than a GT PP1 that sucks in the quarter mile, sucks around a track, and costs about as much as a Shelby?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote