Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #197
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
you can buy aftermarket GPS. you dont need a luxury trim to get it
That isn't a very good argument. That can be applied to almost any car part. Why buy a Cobra when you can get a GT and add a supercharger? You don't need another trim to get it.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #198
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Envy me??? Naaaaah. We live in AMERICA. That part about "God shed his grace on thee" ... IS FOR REAL. We can ANYTHING we want:flag1:
lol unless you drop all your cash into a Camaro then cant get the V. I had an STS, man that was blast, I can only imagine the CTS-V!

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #199
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
That isn't a very good argument. That can be applied to almost any car part. Why buy a Cobra when you can get a GT and add a supercharger? You don't need another trim to get it.
'cept the factory-equipped blower would most likely be cheaper....and come with a warranty. The aftermarket GPS will be cheaper...by a LOT...and some like the look of a screen-less dash.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #200
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
'cept the factory-equipped blower would most likely be cheaper....and come with a warranty. The aftermarket GPS will be cheaper...by a LOT...and some like the look of a screen-less dash.
That helps my original argument! It's cheaper that way lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #201
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
OP: You can't tell people how it is..the truth...what are you thinking?? Thanks for this and your other posts...we are on the same page
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #202
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
OP: You can't tell people how it is..the truth...what are you thinking?? Thanks for this and your other posts...we are on the same page

I'm just a soldier in this war. Perception is a helluva thing...

Ecoboost
is a great example... Ford took an engine... Direct-Injected it and put a turbo on top. Coupla years before.. us CAR GUYS called that an EcoTEC
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #203
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
I'm just a soldier in this war. Perception is a helluva thing...

Ecoboost
is a great example... Ford took an engine... Direct-Injected it and put a turbo on top. Coupla years before.. us CAR GUYS called that an EcoTEC
Go ahead and read up on the Ecoboost engine and you will see that Fords application is far superior.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #204
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Go ahead and read up on the Ecoboost engine and you will see that Fords application is far superior.
wait... wait... wait... i gotcha it's far superior cause they raised compression added a turbo (turned boost down) added 2 more cylinders and still only trapped 108 with a tune
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #205
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
wait... wait... wait... i gotcha it's far superior cause they raised compression added a turbo (turned boost down) added 2 more cylinders and still only trapped 108 with a tune
In a car that weighs nearly 4400.......No reason to skew the facts..
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #206
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
That is pretty damn good for 4000+ pound family car and a V6.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #207
MCPOAJ

^ yes and this car is also a twin turbo v-6 that weighs 4400lbs and only has an intake http://www.dragtimes.com/Mitsubishi-...eslip-586.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
In a car that weighs nearly 4400.......No reason to skew the facts..
i'm not sayin the e.t. wasn't impressive (thanks to awd) but ever since ford even muttered the word ecoboost it's like nobody's ever done this fancy turbocharging stuff and this crazy way to put fuel right into the cylinder's and run high compression i mean yes it's nice to see more people are catching the trend but come on now even mazda (ford owned company) has had this in the MS3 but just because it doesn't have some fancy name and doesn't have a blue oval it doesn't get the seal of approval
Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #208
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
I am sure there are some major differences in those engine's there is almost 15 year's differnce. And I bet that mazda does'nt weigh close to 4400 pound's. And to top it off the this car's time was not equal to the SHO.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #209
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I am sure there are some major differences in those engine's there is almost 15 year's differnce. And I bet that mazda does'nt weigh close to 4400 pound's. And to top it off the this car's time was not equal to the SHO.
ok i didn't say the mazda was faster this is about the engine design itself being far superior to any other motor out there i used it as a refrence of it being the same fuel injection turbocharged design and really... there are obvious diffrences in the motor vs the vr4 but you took my words and flip flopped them i'm saying that tuned up boost vs this intake only VR4 is it impressive sure but is is something so new that everyone needs to throw a fit about it not really sure it's nice to see ford is going with the times so props to them
Old 10-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #210
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
^ yes and this car is also a twin turbo v-6 that weighs 4400lbs and only has an intake http://www.dragtimes.com/Mitsubishi-...eslip-586.html

i'm not sayin the e.t. wasn't impressive (thanks to awd) but ever since ford even muttered the word ecoboost it's like nobody's ever done this fancy turbocharging stuff and this crazy way to put fuel right into the cylinder's and run high compression i mean yes it's nice to see more people are catching the trend but come on now even mazda (ford owned company) has had this in the MS3 but just because it doesn't have some fancy name and doesn't have a blue oval it doesn't get the seal of approval

What was the purpose of the Mitsubishi Link. It only ran a 13.5 so did you just want to show us a slower car.

Secondly the ecoboost is much more involved than the Mazda motor. Yes it's turbocharged, yes it's direct injection. No it's not the same. There is more to the ecoboost than the things you keep talking about. Read up on it and you will know for yourself.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote