Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #43
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwotank View Post
Any luck on this? My installer tried for two days to get this done with no luck he even tried to use a separate aftermarket alarm. He said the wiring to lock and unlock was a five wire system that is new. He tried building relays to get the signal to the unit but finally gave up.any help would be appreciated
Like I said earlier in the thread, my installer couldn't get it to work with the lock/unlock either. He tied it to the amber lights up front as they flash when locking and unlocking. However, that's also the turn signal so I go back in on Thursday to have him install a relay to the ignition circuit. That way the RideTones system will be "off" when the car is on.

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
thats a pretty good plan i don't think my installer really picked up on this, he kept trying to tie it to lock and unlock and just got frustrated with it. I'm taking it to a different installer with the same game plan you have and hopefully it will work
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #45
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I'm not sure why they couldnt get it to work with the lock/unlock circuits. that's odd
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #46
nwotank

the unit requires a positive or negative input, they told me the camaro sends a signal with both, and the voltage was also weird, it kept a signal going to it, anyway they tried all these relays and diodes, and even an aftermarket alarm and couldn't get it. so we'll see if the connection to the lights with the ignition relay will work
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #47
hair10

Had a relay circuit put in last Thursday and everything works just fine now... it plays the sound on the lock & unlock (when the amber lights flash) but the circuit is broken when the car is running (so it doesn't go off when I use the turn signal).

About $40 for the RideTones kit (when I bouht it) and $75 for installation. Not bad for a rather unique mod.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #48
nwotank

do you get two separate sounds? i had mine put in but it uses manual lock and unlock and a different one for ignition
Old 04-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #49
nwotank

my installer was able to make 4 of the sounds work, one when you open the trunk with the remote, one when the car starts up, one when the car is turned off, and manual lock and unlock in the dash. when you close the trunk it also makes a sound. They charged a lot more for installation though. I would like the remote lock and unlock to work, but i also like making it go off when i'm driving around.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #50
hair10

Quote:
do you get two separate sounds? i had mine put in but it uses manual lock and unlock and a different one for ignition
I just had the one for the lights. Didn't tie it to the ignition.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #51
darknite30
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black
Quote:
what do you mean manual lock? you mean the lock and unlock button on the inside of the car? and you mean to tell me that everytime you start the car it makes a sound? that would be bad@ss!
darknite30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #52
hair10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknite30 View Post
what do you mean manual lock? you mean the lock and unlock button on the inside of the car? and you mean to tell me that everytime you start the car it makes a sound? that would be bad@ss!
Yeah, you can pretty much tie it to any electronic event (anything that sends a signal). There are 8 (I think) differnt wires so you could do eight different sounds on eight different events.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #53
nwotank

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknite30 View Post
yes i have a custom sound when it starts and a custom sounds when i turn it off and i have control on manual lock and unlock to make it go off whenever i want
Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #54
darknite30
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black
anyone find the wire for the keyfob to turn on and off the locks?
darknite30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #55
nwotank

i wouldn't be able to tell you where to find it, i had the installer do it all, just know they were not able to use the lock unlock that lead to the door because of the way the camaro was wired, thats why they had to set it up using manual lock unlock instead of the remote, apparently there's a big difference in the two
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #56
hair10

Quote:
i wouldn't be able to tell you where to find it, i had the installer do it all, just know they were not able to use the lock unlock that lead to the door because of the way the camaro was wired, thats why they had to set it up using manual lock unlock instead of the remote, apparently there's a big difference in the two
Ditto. Installer couldn't do it so that's why I used the amber lights (flashing when key fob buttons ar pressed) with a relay cutoff to the ignition.