Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #29
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
HELLO FRIENDS!!!! I was on vacation out of country for a few weeks, but dammit I am back!!....

Sorry, can't side with either party in this story because there isn't enough information..that is right, I cannot even side with the cop because there are far too many holes. So fill me in, fellow Camaro owner...

1) Did you know your license was suspended? If so, disregard the rest of my questions...

2) How do you KNOW he didn't see you driving before you pulled into the pump further down the road?...better yet...see the vehicle in motion PERIOD! If so... there is your probable cause. You had to get there at one point...right? Can you swear in a court of law no cops saw you driving... no red light cameras observed your vehicle tag and registration? With all due respect, The answer to that is no.... unless your friend was driving this camaro?...and then he bailed on you?! Get new friends...

3) The biggest question is (and there is a lot of information lacking from the tag deal...) was it the old tag, just expired or did you knowingly put a separate tag on the vehicle? If it was the old tag just expired by a few days, I would say ok..be on your way. If not, the violation is criminal.

Lastly.... From what I gather from this story... is he already STOPPED behind your vehicle and began initiating a stop and running your plate before he ever saw you come out of the store...based on this statement.

"I am no where near the vehicle and haven't been for minutes at this point." and then "the word "profiling" even.........There are cops out here who have a hard-on for these cars (And maybe certain drivers of said cars)."

So with that statement... what does race, sex, or vehicle have to do with anything if YOU were no where near it?

No sir, you are completely sober...

I love it when someone educated chirps in.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #30
xlroadster
Support Bill A09426!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Owner and his friend drive to gas station.

Cop stops behind car, runs tag, comes back to Eddie Sr, but I bet plate doesn't match car (Cop now has reasonable PC to initiate a stop, even though OP changed registration on plates---he forgot to switch out the physical plate).

Owner comes out of the gas station, friend is nowhere to be seen (possible that friend's license is also suspended or has open wants).

Cop calls it like he sees it (owner is the only one by the car) and can only assume that he is trying to wiggle his way out of a ticket. He has seen the logbook full of excuses.

-----------------

I have a side question for those reasonably knowledgeable with traffic stops. Say Joe Blow's license is suspended but owns the car Jane Blow is driving. Jane follows all traffic laws. Can Jane be pulled over at any time because owner's license is suspended?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #31
55 chevy post

Drives: 2010ss
I don't think you are getting what he said. I believe he is making up the "friend who split" part to justify the " I wasn't driving" part. Pretty obvious boys.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #32
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
Owner and his friend drive to gas station.

Cop stops behind car, runs tag, comes back to Eddie Sr, but I bet plate doesn't match car (Cop now has reasonable PC to initiate a stop, even though OP changed registration on plates---he forgot to switch out the physical plate).

Owner comes out of the gas station, friend is nowhere to be seen (possible that friend's license is also suspended or has open wants).

Cop calls it like he sees it (owner is the only one by the car) and can only assume that he is trying to wiggle his way out of a ticket. He has seen the logbook full of excuses.
I don't care about this story all that much... but I cannot believe he still calls that person a "friend"

...who the hell bails out of a gas station just from SEEING a marked patrol unit.

...I am sorry, I forgot... church group leader, late for service.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #33
BumbleBee5

Drives: 2012 Jeep has replaced 2010 1SS/RS!
Quote:
.... most cops I have contacted love these cars, and don't harass or profile them as long as you do not do stupid s--- or have valid information. Odd...
Methinks you have solved the case, Mr. (Sherlock) Holmes!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #34
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Is it possible the officer pulled in because he seen no one was by the car while gas was being pumped? If I'm not mistaken isnt it illegal to walk away from a car while gas is pumping? I know it is here. Then when he pulled in ran the tags?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #35
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 chevy post View Post
I don't think you are getting what he said. I believe he is making up the "friend who split" part to justify the " I wasn't driving" part. Pretty obvious boys.
It is obvious... but it is far more humorous to call an apple an orange than to call an apple an apple. Then again, his post is clear as mud...so you could probably interrupt it anyway you wish.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #36
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee5 View Post
Methinks you have solved the case, Mr. (Sherlock) Holmes!

.....I gotta admit, I thought this thread was going to fail, but DAMN it came through.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #37
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
Is it possible the officer pulled in because he seen no one was by the car while gas was being pumped? If I'm not mistaken isnt it illegal to walk away from a car while gas is pumping? I know it is here. Then when he pulled in ran the tags?
Not sure if it is here but it's not very smart, imo, and possibly dangerous. Seen some huge puddles in parking lots and angry drivers who aren't to blame because, "The pump is supposed to stop when the tank reaches capacity!" The same drivers who fail to read the print on almost all pumps warning you to stay by your vehicle while pumping.

OP, time for new friends.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise View Post
Not sure if it is here but it's not very smart, imo, and possibly dangerous. Seen some huge puddles in parking lots and angry drivers who aren't to blame because, "The pump is supposed to stop when the tank reaches capacity!" The same drivers who fail to read the print on almost all pumps warning you to stay by your vehicle while pumping.

OP, time for new friends.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
I call BS. Dude got caught driving and now can't live with the consequences... Who the hell bails when a cop car pulls up? Guaranteed guilt there. Sorry buddy just can not believe this one. I'm not a big fan of police giving people a hard time (Which we know does happen occasionally), but most officers do their job. You may win in court, but I doubt it. Unless you can bring your phantom friend who bailed on you, I think you may be screwed...
If you are telling the truth here, then sorry, but I think you will find that most folks here on Camaro 5 are law abiding citizens and would also probably call BS on this one.

Last edited by jamie; 06-21-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #40
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
HELLO FRIENDS!!!! I was on vacation out of country for a few weeks, but dammit I am back!!....

Sorry, can't side with either party in this story because there isn't enough information..that is right, I cannot even side with the cop because there are far too many holes. So fill me in, fellow Camaro owner...

1) Did you know your license was suspended? If so, disregard the rest of my questions...

2) How do you KNOW he didn't see you driving before you pulled into the pump further down the road?...better yet...see the vehicle in motion PERIOD! If so... there is your probable cause. You had to get there at one point...right? Can you swear in a court of law no cops saw you driving... no red light cameras observed your vehicle tag and registration? With all due respect, The answer to that is no.... unless your friend was driving this camaro?...and then he bailed on you?! Get new friends...

3) The biggest question is (and there is a lot of information lacking from the tag deal...) was it the old tag, just expired or did you knowingly put a separate tag on the vehicle? If it was the old tag just expired by a few days, I would say ok..be on your way. If not, the violation is criminal.

Lastly.... From what I gather from this story... is he already STOPPED behind your vehicle and began initiating a stop and running your plate before he ever saw you come out of the store...based on this statement.

"I am no where near the vehicle and haven't been for minutes at this point." and then "the word "profiling" even.........There are cops out here who have a hard-on for these cars (And maybe certain drivers of said cars)."

So with that statement... what does race, sex, or vehicle have to do with anything if YOU were no where near it?

No sir, you are completely sober...
Answers to your questions as best as I can clarify

1.Yes. (no worries w/the self- incrimination) I didn't know though that license suspension meant "stay away from cars PERIOD. Don't even take gas nozzles out of em." because that is all the officer saw me do. He was finishing his first stop and leaving when I walked to my car, and put the nozzle back on the pump. This is when he approached- In Miami you drink/buy coffee leaning by the window. So he'd spotted me before I went near my vehicle. I returned to store on foot crossing in front of his bumper to get a Zephyrhills- he had circled around and started typing already. He turned his lights on behind a closed keyless driverless vehicle.

2.I am certain the officer didn't see me driving. *I WASN'T DRIVING!* He didnt look at the car & had his back turned. He had a different young black man stopped at a different pump out of eyeshot on the west face of the building When I arrived (Northface). I am sure this commanded all of his attention. If Elvis was driving he wouldn't be able to tell you cause all he'd see is my 3 percent tint. Besides I'm not making cases against people here... So he needs to swear he saw me driving under oath. I don't have to prove anything. I can plea the 5th if I like and

3: Former tag was on car. It wasn't expired either. Valid one was in the trunk awaiting me to get around to it with a screwdriver. No more no less.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Friend leaves after K-9 shows up?? Hmmmm.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Jesus, did you have a friend driving you, or not? simple question.