Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Checked out the WRX and Charger R/T

My wife is kinda pushing me to unload the camaro (which I don't want to do) in order to get a 4 door vehicle. Our son is two and I have managed to keep the car seat in the back of my car when I need to...but with the thoughts of a second child, she is asking me how, when I need to, I would be able to get a new born and a 3 year old in the back seat.

Anyways...I checked out the WRX hatch...not bad for what it is...I just don't care at all for the stereo and the interior is meh. I had an 05 evo so I expected the interior to be down, but I don't know, just something doesn't seem right. Overall though, drives and handles very nicely.

The charger R/T is a pretty sweet car in the interior. I got a kick out of the heated/cooled cup holders. Definitely quite a few more amenities in it. Drive is nice, but just don't feel the get up and go like my car....and the tuning on them is still not broken.

Trying to balance family/vehicle and difficult...but hoping to hold onto the camaro

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Must you get a hatch? Or what about another evo?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
joey0480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroboy2001 View Post
Must you get a hatch? Or what about another evo?
would consider the sedan most likely. I like the EVO but price is just a tad more than I am willing to pay now.

Hoping to coax her to understand about keeping the camaro though. Just have decisions and need to do what is best for the family.

Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
160 Thermostat
GM gill stripes
Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
My dad had a 2-door coupe when I was little. My mom had a minivan... So it can be done. But with that said, if you're planning on being the one to pick the kids up from school or drive them to their events more often, then maybe the coupe isn't a good idea. But if you're the secondary transporter. Then I don't really think it's too bad to have a more impractical car. You don't need 2 minivans after all...

but if you want to sweeten her up to you keeping the Camaro, think of something she wants and offer that to her in trade for you keeping the Camaro. That could be anything from cleaning the dishes to buying her something. Whatever she really has wanted that you know she would really appreciate.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Evo is a little too orientated to autocross/rally, very harsh, small car, very short gearing, better interior than years past, but not going to have much compared to competitors. Can't think this would be a good family car. I heavily considered an Evo instead of a Camaro, but figured if I was going to be cruising on the highway, I'd rather be in a Camaro in the long run.

WRX is not a bad one, but still pretty darn small. You can't really beat that initial acceleration of the WRX/Evo type cars, that makes them tons of fun in most situations, but I'd step back and think about how the WRX is a pretty small car, it sucks being an adult in the back, which inevitably happens at some point (take grandma with you, etc).

Even though it's underpowered compared to others, the Legacy GT would be a far better choice than the WRX in this area IMO. There are plenty of other good choices in this realm though, I just have a soft spot for subaru AWD and their handling/initial acceleration.

I like challengers, but that's just on the opposite extreme of the WRX, and I'd think you could do better than that. A 2012 BMW 3-series can probably be had for a decent amount, and despite their rather smallish exterior size, I've found the rear seats to be pretty darn good considering I'm an average sized adult. It wouldn't have the huge horsepower, but they have good get up and go due to their auto trans, very nice to drive, etc. I'd think this would be the most practically fun smallish car for a family that will be "nice" to drive and ride in.
JamesNoBrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
would consider the sedan most likely. I like the EVO but price is just a tad more than I am willing to pay now.

Hoping to coax her to understand about keeping the camaro though. Just have decisions and need to do what is best for the family.
hey a sweet srt8 charger or 300 wouldn't be bad, my dad has the srt8 300 has no problem towing the fam around and we are both 6'5
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Haha welcome to my world, for over a year i kicked this around in my head befor i got the ss

g8 gt
g8 gx(mpg)
2003 m5($ high miles)
2006 m5($$)
6.1srt8(mpg)
Bmw335i (small back seat)
2008 m5 ($$ mpg)
and you know all about evo vs sti...
Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Hold off on knocking her up again. Then if you have to get rid of the camaro get this.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/cars/2...6VU_story.html

4 door camaro.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
My wife is kinda pushing me to unload the camaro (which I don't want to do) in order to get a 4 door vehicle. Our son is two and I have managed to keep the car seat in the back of my car when I need to...but with the thoughts of a second child, she is asking me how, when I need to, I would be able to get a new born and a 3 year old in the back seat.

Anyways...I checked out the WRX hatch...not bad for what it is...I just don't care at all for the stereo and the interior is meh. I had an 05 evo so I expected the interior to be down, but I don't know, just something doesn't seem right. Overall though, drives and handles very nicely.

The charger R/T is a pretty sweet car in the interior. I got a kick out of the heated/cooled cup holders. Definitely quite a few more amenities in it. Drive is nice, but just don't feel the get up and go like my car....and the tuning on them is still not broken.

Trying to balance family/vehicle and difficult...but hoping to hold onto the camaro
I say get a G8 GT or a G8 GXP, particularly if you can't hold out for the SS (this is gonna get confusing in a couple years).
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
joey0480

Quote:
hey a sweet srt8 charger or 300 wouldn't be bad, my dad has the srt8 300 has no problem towing the fam around and we are both 6'5
Talking it over with the wife....fingers crossed... I did find a low mileage 2008 evo I could swing though.

Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
160 Thermostat
GM gill stripes
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:

I agree the SRT8 sedans are the perfect mix. They can sit everyone comfortable and will give you a nice dose of HP. Some of the them even have the TV in the back for the kiddies.

Click to enlarge
previous
4 of 31
next

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4D Sedan
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
joey0480

I need to find that in nj lol

Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
160 Thermostat
GM gill stripes
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
Where r u in NJ? I'd be happy to take you for a ride and show you around my '11 rt max if it would help make up your mind. I also wouldn't mind a tour of your awesome ride
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
I need to find that in nj lol
Its at Carmax they can ship it to the CarMax in NJ, they also have a 08 B5 Blue SuperBee SRT8 Charger. If you do an advanced search on their website all types of goodies can be found and shipped to your local CarMax. Other than Autotrader.com its the best way to find used cars.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote