Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Which is the best looking hood, for a black 1LE(I want to keep OEM matte black look)?
Stock Hood? 11 23.91%
Anderson Composites CL-Style Hood? 15 32.61%
Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood? 20 43.48%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Best Looking Hood Of The 3? (EDITED with new pics!)

I'm trying to decide, whether to stay stock hood, on my black '13 1LE(I think it looks good too), or opt for one of the other two offerings.

BTW, any aftermarket CF hood that I would end up choosing, would have to be re-wrapped, with O.E style, matte black wrap.

Plz submit your vote. I'm curious as to what the voting spread will be.

1st pic is obviously stock hood.

2nd and 3rd pics, of the yellow Camaro with matte black hood, is the Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood.

The last 3 pics, are the Anderson Composites CL-Style Hood, formerly known as, Seibon CL-Style Hood.

Thank you for your vote and/or advice!

* Thread significantly edited, May 15, 2017, added new real life pics, deleted old fake looking ones.

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 05-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
If I had to make a choice, I would probably not change anything at all, but of the two non-stock hoods, I prefer the AC CL- style hood the most. Just don't think it is worth the money for the small change....
Old 04-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I like the showstopper.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:44 PM   #4
pump905

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs black with white rally
Showstopper would be my pick
Old 04-08-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Showstopper
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I like the Showstopper..................

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #7
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Why don't you keep your stock hood, and add the center vent from GM? It's been done by c5 members.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wheeler View Post
If I had to make a choice, I would probably not change anything at all, but of the two non-stock hoods, I prefer the AC CL- style hood the most. Just don't think it is worth the money for the small change....
When I first read your post, I was like H Shit, look at that.....the very first post/answer in the thread...and that dude almost read the innards of what I've been thinking all along.....almost wishing that it weren't true, we hate to hear the truth sometimes lol

What you wrote was like a reality check of sorts to me. But I would also take solace, knowing that I had a spare OEM 1LE hood on the side, but yeah, is_it_really_worth_it?

Hence the poll.

Just wanted to comment to those who have posted their voice on the Showstopper hood. It is very very nice too!...It vents air through the rear cowl as well. It has a nice muscular look, without looking obnoxious. DARE I say, it MIGHT pass for stock, if you where to say, photoshop it into a stock looking black 1LE, and compare side to side, just like the stock 1LE pic, in option#1.

The Showstopper is almost a you_can't_go_wrong affair. It's just that my super finicky side, might prefer the cleaner vent location, of the Anderson Composite CL-Style hood.

Which bring me to the A.C CL-Style now. I'm a bit surprised that the voting spread, is as close as it is. Mind you, it is still too early in this pole. Makes me wish I could find installed pics of the A.C hood.

What do I like about the A.C CL-Style, aside from a clean vent design perspective, is that "second step," on the hood cowl line, that JUST MIGHT look SPOT ON, to my existing, Oracle concept mirrors. Don't forget that this is a black car, so I put major emphasis on "the lines and cut" of the car. This is why it MUST ALWAYS be dust free, never be driven in the rain, and be black n shiny as can be, lol.

To me, the small details, make the car. Even if they are understated. I guess this is my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
Why don't you keep your stock hood, and add the center vent from GM? It's been done by c5 members.
Why?

The 3 options I have in listed in the pole, are essentially the 3 finalists, that suit my criteria, for what it is that I seek.

First and foremost, is obviously, the look that makes me feel the most comfortable with. It must be clean, functional, almost pass for stock, but yet be a bit different, without going overboard. The aftermarket hood, must NOT be heavier than the stock hood, and its quality and fitment of the lines, is absolutely paramount.

The facelift single vent you recommended to me, screams just that to me, "Facelift 14+". I'm not saying that it doesn't look good...it does, but it doesn't meet my criteria. I should probably note right here, that I like the stock '13 hood enough, that buying an aftermarket hood, would simply mean, putting my stock OEM hood on the side, and this would make me feel better...Don't ask me why, but it does, lol .
Old 04-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Love the showstopper hood, that is aggressive!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
Camaro Dude

One thing I particularly like about the A.C CL-Style hood, is that its vented "gill" design, fits the theme of the oem gill design, on the rear quarter panels.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #11
HinesPerformance

Drives: 5th Gen 2SS
How about this one, for a fraction of the cost:
HinesPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

^^^@ Hinesperformance and the Hex vents example question^^^

I considered the Hex vents, but in my mind, they are now over played. The novelty factor/love affair is gone for me.

Don't take this as a negative comment, whilst they still look good, and they do, it still reminds me a bit, of two nostrils, at the top of some water dwelling critter.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 AM   #13
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesPerformance View Post
How about this one, for a fraction of the cost:
Have you thought about making something like a 6th gen style heat extractor/vents for the 5th gen? I think they would be much more appealing. Hasn't been done yet to my knowledge and I'm in FL... just saying.

I vote for #2.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #14
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I'd have to say the showstopper hood. Lol. Shoot me a pm. I will give you a awesome deal.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote