Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2023, 01:48 AM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
sounds like someone was jealous.i have a few more guitars than i really need and some are really nice,but that doesnt make me a bad person.
Right on. I have three guitars hanging on the wall of my pool room. One is signed by every member of Kiss, one is signed by Sammy Hagar and the third is signed by Slash. My granddaughter prefers playing the Hagar Fender as do I.

I acquired them from a former manager of the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. I have a real crappy phone but here they are:
Attached Images

Last edited by Danial; 03-26-2023 at 01:58 AM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:46 AM   #16
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Same here red, I am particular to Les Paul flame tops.

Nice pic Daniel, don't hit one with a cue ball!
Attached Images

2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:19 AM   #17
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
nice bunch of gits.i have a LP goldtop,2011 LP trad very flamey and mineral streaky,looks like a 59 would have looked when it was new,60s strat,a tele,an epi special in TV yellow and 3-4 others around here somewhere...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:29 AM   #18
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Same here red, I am particular to Les Paul flame tops.

Nice pic Daniel, don't hit one with a cue ball!
Nice batch of six-stringers! Funny you should mention the cue ball. I placed the table at an angle on purpose as directly behind be is two sliding glass doors going out to the back yard. We break away from the glass and the guitars as a result.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:33 AM   #19
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
nice bunch of gits.i have a LP goldtop,2011 LP trad very flamey and mineral streaky,looks like a 59 would have looked when it was new,60s strat,a tele,an epi special in TV yellow and 3-4 others around here somewhere...
More nice ones! My oldest guitar is a 1963 Fender Duo Sonic (3/4 scale, student model). Bought it from a neighbor's yard sale back in the late 90s for $35. It's had a lot of hard miles. I don't play it anymore. One of my projects will be to restore it when I retire.

IN THE SAME SHOP WHERE I WILL KEEP MY CAMAROS. haha
Old 03-26-2023, 01:44 PM   #20
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
I do vintage amp repairs and had the pleasure of going over one of Hendrix studio played amps, a 65 Princeton brought to me by one of George Thorogoods guitar players. Who got it from Bob Levines son.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 02:51 PM   #21
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post
I do vintage amp repairs and had the pleasure of going over one of Hendrix studio played amps, a 65 Princeton brought to me by one of George Thorogoods guitar players. Who got it from Bob Levines son.
That's a badass story right there. Right on.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:31 PM   #22
PaulsSS

TY Yeah really kinda blew my mind because I'm a big Hendrix fan and had just bought a Fender Hendrix strat then that amp showed up. I'd love to buy it but the guy won't let it go. All original even the caps! thing sounds outrageous it looks like it just came out of the box! All it needed was the pots disassembled cleaned lubed and I put a grounded power cord in it. I have a good relationship with the dood and can borrow what I want any time for a little change of pace. I go through amps for myself like changing socks, I'm just never quite there with tone and think there is something more out there. Not too long ago one of Martin guitars players brought me a 64 Vibrolux that needed everything but WOW what a amp! Probably the best I've ever heard using my Hendrix Strat but it cost close to 5k with parts and repairs.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:53 AM   #23
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
That is a cool story! Last year I had my 68 Bassman gone through. Unfortunately the original caps were shot. It also had the ground switch bypassed with a proper connection. I got this from my father in the 1994. Not worth much but I will never part with it. This amp lived in NYC in the late 60's & has no provenance. It has pre & post CBS parts & it could have been built in the "transition" period. I really wish it could tell me it's story from California to NY.
Attached Images

2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 07:17 AM   #24
PaulsSS

Coolness, caps don't last forever but I've had some 50 60 year old amps that they were fine yet. I'm looking at a Bassman 50 myself, great tone and easy to carry. Oldest amp I've worked on is a Gibson GA-90 1953 https://www.12fret.com/electronics/g...90-combo-1953/ THE CAPS WERE STILL GOOD! blew my mind. It needed a output transformer and the owner sold it to a Gibson executive as a show piece.

As of late I've been building Blues jr stacks, great tone after rebuilding them and easy to carry! This one is a USA made from 99.
Attached Images

Last edited by PaulsSS; 03-27-2023 at 07:30 AM.