Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
I test drove both but just liked the V6 better. The v8 is nice but for a daily driver just not feasable, I will never sell my car. In fact they might bury me in it lol. Like you though if a Z/28 comes out I will at it to this one in my stable!

I just love my car!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #16
Dino

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Dino
I traded in my V6 for a v8 recently. I have to say, I settled. I settle don price, I settled thinking I would mod it more, settled thinking about my insurance and gas mileage savings would mean something...

I am 5 weeks into the SS and if you had money for a 1SS (I bought a 2SS/RS), you should have bought one. If you want features, buy them afterward (bluetooth, gauges, PDIM module) or go buy a Cruze for the same price point with all the amenities standard (LTZ).

This car is fun and was meant to be driven. You don't need a track to experience the seat of your pants feel of the car.

I am not trying to be mean, I bought a v6, too, I am just saying that you all need to be comfortable with your overall purchase and shouldn't make excuses. Its your car and your choice. But lying about why you didn't get something better is a defensive mechanism that you feel obligated to use when you don't have to.

Moral of the story: If you have cash for one, even if you sacrifice features, buy the SS. Trust me.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
doubletap407

Drives: 2011 ls v6 blacked out
Bought what I could afford and I love it !
doubletap407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #18
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
A camaro is a Camaro. I enjoy mine everyday while driving to work.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I traded in my V6 for a v8 recently. I have to say, I settled. I settle don price, I settled thinking I would mod it more, settled thinking about my insurance and gas mileage savings would mean something...

I am 5 weeks into the SS and if you had money for a 1SS (I bought a 2SS/RS), you should have bought one. If you want features, buy them afterward (bluetooth, gauges, PDIM module) or go buy a Cruze for the same price point with all the amenities standard (LTZ).

This car is fun and was meant to be driven. You don't need a track to experience the seat of your pants feel of the car.

I am not trying to be mean, I bought a v6, too, I am just saying that you all need to be comfortable with your overall purchase and shouldn't make excuses. Its your car and your choice. But lying about why you didn't get something better is a defensive mechanism that you feel obligated to use when you don't have to.

Moral of the story: If you have cash for one, even if you sacrifice features, buy the SS. Trust me.
by this logic, I expect you to buy a ZL1.

not everyone needs seat of your pants performance. some people just like the look of the car. im betting many people went from a 4 cyl to the V6 so it's like a whole new world for them

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
VLS

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro, Victory Red
In 1967 I bought a new RS Camaro, gold and black, with concealed headlights. After about7 months got drafted and had to get rid of car. I have always loved Camaros, had an '82. When the new gen5 were coming out I ordered one. I decided on the 2LT, V6 for value, fuel ecomomy, and insurance. I have had muscle cars in the past and am well pleased with the V6.
VLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
daily driving and gas mileage are my reasons.. but like any other guy I yearn for more.. maybe when in the future, when my warranty is over I will toss in a twin turbo to give it more power.. or maybe trade it in for a v8 or corvette
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

So you can mod for power, mod for features (appearance and comfort) or just buy the 2SS/RS. Lots of different options with the Camaro, so I guess that's why we all love them.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #23
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
A camaro is a Camaro. I enjoy mine everyday while driving to work.
I just cant agree with this. They are ALL very nice cars and most have something that others don't. I wanted the engine and didn't care so much about the luxury things so I got a 1SS. Would I liked a 2SS, of course, but it was not in my budget. Some people would rather have the luxury/gadgets...that's just not me, I want the power! I used to say people that had to have the V8 were making up in areas they were lacking, (you know what i'm talking about) well now that I have a V8 I can CONFIRM this is true...just kidding...so I tell myself. That being said there will almost always be a faster car. I went from a 2001 Exploder to a 2010 1SS and I still find myself wanting it to be faster...
Jagerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #24
Dino

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Dino
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
So you can mod for power, mod for features (appearance and comfort) or just buy the 2SS/RS. Lots of different options with the Camaro, so I guess that's why we all love them.
And with what you have done with yours, the time, effort, money, etc. is what you wanted (and totally awesome btw!). My point was not to say anyone person is right or wrong. My point is that if you have cash to buy a 1SS or 2SS, don't "settle" for any reason. You will be happier in the long wrong.

Why do you think most v6 owners are guarded about responding to which engine they have? Or justifying their purchase with BS reasoning? Because others have already made them believe they settled and they are slightly embarrassed. To that I say, "Phooey!" Be happy with your awesome car that you selected and just be honest.

I bought a v6 to mod it, have fun and save money on gas/insurance. I then changed my mind when I saw that maintenance of turbo and a turbo cost more in the long run. Total Cost of Ownership...

I wanted more power without the hassle of waiting for the right FI and price point. Plus $6k for a turbo and the $31k I spent for the 2LT/RS = the price of my 2SS/RS ($37k). It works for me.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #25
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Because the car was freakin GREEN
Old 08-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I bought my V6 Camaro for one reason and one reason only.... That is what I wanted. I didn't "settle" for my V6, it was always my plan....Period....end of discussion.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #27
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I bought my V6 Camaro for one reason and one reason only.... That is what I wanted. Period....end of discussion.

I bought mine because it was what I wanted and to this day I don't regret my decision!I love my car!

Its a matter of time till this thread turns into a v6 or v8 argument Im sure.
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
And with what you have done with yours, the time, effort, money, etc. is what you wanted (and totally awesome btw!). My point was not to say anyone person is right or wrong. My point is that if you have cash to buy a 1SS or 2SS, don't "settle" for any reason. You will be happier in the long wrong.

Why do you think most v6 owners are guarded about responding to which engine they have? Or justifying their purchase with BS reasoning? Because others have already made them believe they settled and they are slightly embarrassed. To that I say, "Phooey!" Be happy with your awesome car that you selected and just be honest.

I bought a v6 to mod it, have fun and save money on gas/insurance. I then changed my mind when I saw that maintenance of turbo and a turbo cost more in the long run. Total Cost of Ownership...

I wanted more power without the hassle of waiting for the right FI and price point. Plus $6k for a turbo and the $31k I spent for the 2LT/RS = the price of my 2SS/RS ($37k). It works for me.
Yes. I was agreeing with you that getting a Camaro is not settling if you get what you want. We all have different reasons for our choice (mine wasn't about money or gas mileage, but others may have factored that in), but in the end you can make it whatever you want it to be.