Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
Cross
Silver Bomber

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
The hot air method will work but it is slow and tedious and like steiger said if you have an older model the adhesive will get harder to work with. But there is hope! For every adhesive there is a solvent. Be it mineral spirits, water, or in this case alcohol. It took me under five minutes to take the sticker off using just my fingers and rubbing alcohol, including clean up afterwards. So put down your oppressive heat guns and hair dryers! Take up in arms one of man-kinds greatest discoveries and vanquish this naughty foe.

Get a big bottle though 'cause you wanna keep a constant drip to the underside of the sticker as you peel it.
EDIT: I may have been a little harsh on the hair dryer, heating up the adhesive does make the job go by a lot smoother. And you do need to use it to get started. I'm sorry if I offended any hairdryer/heatgun advocates.

X
☼ BMR Sub-frame connectors, BMR strut tower brace, BMR adjustable sway bars ☼ BC Racing Coil Overs ☼ Vararam Intake ☼ Rx Catch can & Oil cap breather ☼ Brembo's with slotted/drilled rotors ☼ Dynomax VT Mufflers ☼ Trifecta Tune ☼ Hella Fogs ☼ Eagle Eyes ☼ Heritage Grille ☼ Enkei Raijin wheels ☼

Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Ha no worries Cross. You didn't offend anybody.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
MyKuLLSKI

Drives: 2012 Yellow Camaro 2LT RS
Horrible Idea

Well thanks for the awesome video. I spent about 1 hour and I literally could not get one side started. Then I turned the TV on and didn't noticed i melted the sticker (and visor). I give up!

If anyone wants to buy my visors feel free to PM me. The passenger one is perfect off a brand new 2012 Camaro and the Driver side is melted. Or you can buy it to practice on because it was an epic fail on my end.
MyKuLLSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #32
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
Mine just peeled off in less then a minute. I think the sooner you do it the better for over time it will fuse to the vinyl from the heat/cold.
RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #33
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Smile

I did it and it worked out. THANKS!!
My interior is all black and those sticker were annoying me.
USCAMARO14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #34
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
I know the video is old but still thanks for posting it. Prior to seeing this, I spent over an hour experimenting on one of the visors using a combination of goo gone and a hair dryer. My bad was not removing the visor first (did it while still installed) and not using a putty knife. I'll do this for the other side tomorrow.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #35
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
I just read this thread and thought that I would give it a try. I used the hair dryer method and I am pleased to say that I had both off in under 5 minutes.

Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:23 AM   #36
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Had them both off with a hair dryer in about 15 mins for driver. It was around mins 20 mins for the passenger side. You have to use the correct amount of heat to get the glue loosened up then slowly peel away.

Last edited by ZL1-V; 05-17-2014 at 03:42 PM.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #37
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Mine took longer, but they're gone. gone, gone! And such an improvement to the forward view, specially at night. No distracting white overhead.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote