Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010victoryredss_ron View Post
its ok Franky....my Roxy went away on the weekend too...there she sits waiting to get out...any ideas what my dad should make this year for her???
A "driveable bubble" so she's always protected. I'll even buy one.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
Kitty

Drives: Black on Black M6 RS
i tucked my girl away on the 7th and she's been sitting ever since

tying into this thread what is everyone driving as a winter vehicle??

here's my winter daily driver and i just found out from onstar last night that i can swap the minutes btwn my car and truck throughout the year so i don't have to worry bout losing my onstar minutes when each vehicle goes down for 6 months

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
nice truck!!

not that i konw anything about them but still looks cool.

i will be driving my camaro all year... but I still have my old POS corolla I couldn't sell yet its just sitting there. it still has its winter tires on so I will likely put a plate back on it and drive it on the bad days this winter.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
Kitty

that's cool that you're another one that going to drive all year round

because we live out in the boonies we don't get plowed on a reg basis and there's times that my dually has problems getting out of the subdivision so there's no way i could drop down to a car

the only thing i'm missing right now is my 600-800lbs of weight in the back then i'm good to go for whatever winter throws at me

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Edge.128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
that's cool that you're another one that going to drive all year round

because we live out in the boonies we don't get plowed on a reg basis and there's times that my dually has problems getting out of the subdivision so there's no way i could drop down to a car

the only thing i'm missing right now is my 600-800lbs of weight in the back then i'm good to go for whatever winter throws at me
ya where i live they plow the roads maybe 2-3 times a winter thats about it. so ice builds up and all that so we shall see how bad it is. at least i have an option on the bad days. i want to get winter tires on my steelies but then what do i do with the all-sseasons??? who would buy them at this point.... so ya i'm kind of stuck for this winter. next winter will be much better i'll have full winter tires put on.

so that 600-800lbs is that a ski-do? or a quad? good luck

Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
:emoticon7:
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #21
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
so that 600-800lbs is that a ski-do? or a quad? good luck
i've asked my friends if they will you know loan me their sled but no one seems inclined to want to do that lol

so it's actually railway ties that i put in the back. they don't break open and make a mess like sandbags do and give awsome traction without taking away too much of the box space. only down side is that i can't keep my hitch in over the winter but the trailer rarely comes out in the winter anyways

the bugger is the ties are roughly 200lbs each and a total pita to try and load in by myself

Old 11-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #22
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
i will see if he can work on something like that....winter beater is 2006 Cobalt SS...
Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #23
Edge.128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
i've asked my friends if they will you know loan me their sled but no one seems inclined to want to do that lol

so it's actually railway ties that i put in the back. they don't break open and make a mess like sandbags do and give awsome traction without taking away too much of the box space. only down side is that i can't keep my hitch in over the winter but the trailer rarely comes out in the winter anyways

the bugger is the ties are roughly 200lbs each and a total pita to try and load in by myself
oh ya definitely need a friend to help life 200lbs each. would make it so much easier.

well I had my first true taste of winter today and man those all-season tires are CRAP in the snow and ice..... so definitely going to take it easy until i can get my corolla back up and running and also will probably get some winter tires put on it.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
Kitty

ya back to previous comments bout not having my ties (which i'm really hoping i can pick up on saturday morning)

i was in 4wd till i could hit the main hiway today. gotta love snow drifts and drifting woot woot

Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #25
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My baby was put away from November 3rd....I jumped the gun but now whats done is done. :(
Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  239.7 KB
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #26
Victory1

Drives: 2010 RJT, 2012 Sierra 4x4, 89 RJT
My RJT came out of hibernation on March 15th and went back in on November 15th. 8 months of driving isn't bad in this country. I toss 500 pounds of water softening salt in the back of my truck for traction. As we need salt for the softener, a bag comes off the back of the truck.
Victory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #27
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blownSS View Post
My baby was put away from November 3rd....I jumped the gun but now whats done is done. :(
Attachment 185099
This is always a sad day, but without it, we can't look forward to Spring.

Out of curiosity, what's plugged in under your car?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #28
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
I have never stored a car for the winter and have a question for those that have. I have a double car garage and plan on parking my DD beside my covered up Camaro. Do I need to worry about the slush that will fall off my Grand Prix? Should I have some way of protecting the Camaro rims?