Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Instructions for Wiring AAC Halos

Wrote these up for a member about a month or two ago. Saw the word doc when I was flipping through the camaro files on the computer. Figured I would share the wealth. I am more than happy to write up a dual halos as well. Just busy lately.
Instructions.doc

EDIT: Can't get it to actually display the file. Help would be greatly appreciated, and this way people wouldn't have to download the file to look at it.

Last edited by The Stig; 02-27-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Help needed
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Wrote these up for a member about a month or two ago. Saw the word doc when I was flipping through the camaro files on the computer. Figured I would share the wealth. I am more than happy to write up a dual halos as well. Just busy lately.
Attachment 210939

EDIT: Can't get it to actually display the file. Help would be greatly appreciated, and this way people wouldn't have to download the file to look at it.
Bravo!!

Thank you for your input as this help EVERYONE!!!

We'll be standing by for the Dual Halo install as well. Those are where it really starts getting fun!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Thanks for the great DIY instructions!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Can't get the file to display properly
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Can't get the file to display properly
It might be because I have a mac. Here I'm just copy and pasting.

Things you Need:
- (1) wire cutters/strippers
- (1) wire coat hanger or straight wire rod
- (1) LED rocker switch (or any switch, your preference)
- (2) short lengths of black wire #2 and #3
- (1) length of black wire, #1
- (1) length of red wire
- (2) yellow wire caps
- (X) assorted t-taps/splice connectors

Installation Instructions:

1) First, congratulations on installing your halos. It is not an easy task.

2) We are going to start with the red (+) wires coming from each halo. You should have (2) red wires in your hand now, one from each fog light. Check the ends of these wires, if no copper is showing then you need to strip them. This can be done with a wire stripper, or any sharp knife. Once you can see the copper wire move onto the next step.

3) Now pick up the length of red wire from your kit and a yellow wire cap. You want to use the yellow wire cap that has a (+) drawn on it. Take hold of both red (+) wires from your halos (make sure that you have stripped them) and the red wire from the kit. Now twist them all into the yellow wire cap. Make sure it is nice and snug.

4) Take the length of red wire from the kit, now attached to the yellow wire cap, and run it to the positive post on the fuse box. This is the metal post near the front of the fuse box.

5) Put the ring terminal, marked with a (+) near this post. You will bolt it to the post at the end. You don’t want to fry yourself installing this wiring.

6) Take the two black (-) wires, one from each halo, and the black wire marked #1 in your hand.

7) Strip the two black wires coming from your halos if they have not been already.

8) Take the ends of the two black halo wires and the end of wire #1 and twist them into the (-) yellow wire cap. Make sure it is nice and snug.

9) You will need a stiff piece of metal for this next part. A wire coat hanger is best.

10) If you are using a wire coat hanger, please do the following steps.

a. Straighten the wire coat hanger.
b. Use wire cutters/hedge trimmers to cut roughly a one foot piece of straight coat hanger, we will call this piece “wire rod”
c. Using needle nose pliers make a small bend creating a small loop one end of the wire rod.
d. Continue to step 11

11) Looking in the engine bay, find a rubber gasket on the firewall that has wires going through it. These are very easy to locate, just trace some wires back to the firewall and that is it.

12) Using the black wire from step 8, put the spade terminal end (end with the blue plastic part on it) into the loop on the wire rod.

13) Using the other (non loop end) of the wire rod, push it through rubber gasket you found in step 11. It will take a bit of force but that is OK. You are not breaking anything, so don’t worry.

14) Once you have it about half way through the rubber gasket go inside the cabin of the car. Looking underneath the steering wheel, locate the part of the wire rod that is sticking through.

15) Pull the wire rod and wire number 1 through the firewall.

16) Remove the driver’s-side side panel for the center console. It is held in with clips, so just pull it will pop right off.

17) Looking at where the center console meets the dash you should see a bolt with a marker mark on it. That is your ground.

18) Unscrew the nut (13mm) and mount the ring terminals of wires #2 and #3 ring to this bolt. Rescrew the nut onto the bolt.

19) Now we will be mounting the switch. So first step, pick where you want to mount the switch. May I suggest the side of the center console (the side wall plastic panel.)

20) Using a 11/16 inch drill bit drill a hole in where you want to mount the switch.

21) Collect all 3 black wires. You should have a hold of (3) blue female connector terminals. These are labeled #1, #2, #3.

22) Looking at the switch, you will see that the spades are numbered #1, #2, #3.

23) Wire #1 goes to spade #1, wire #2 goes to spade #2, and wire #3 goes to spade #3.

24) Once all of the wires are connected push the switch into the hole. Be sure that you have it nice and straight.

25) Going back to the engine bay. Bolt the red (+) wires ring terminal to the positive post in front of the fuse box.

26) Your wiring circuit should now be complete. Go into the cabin and flip the switch. The LED on the switch should turn on, as well as your halos.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Got it...thanks. So this DIY is for Fog Halos, not Headlight Halos?
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Yes and no. I wrote them for wiring the fogs but the same instructions work for all of AACs halos.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Bump and a thanks, clear directions for wiring are difficult to find.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #9
KayMarro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1

Yes and no. I wrote them for wiring the fogs but the same instructions work for all of AACs halos.

Can i wire both the fog and headlight halos to one switch and if so what will i need and what fuse should i tap into ?
KayMarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #10
KayMarro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Can i wire both the fog and headlight halos to one switch and if so what will i need and what fuse should i tap into ?

KayMarro is offline   Reply With Quote