Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Bought the gauge cluster from a member on here. I was surprised at how easy of an install it was. I also added the T-rex phantom grille.
Attached Images

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #16
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

I researched leather seating options. I went with IGGEE synthetic leather covers. The install had me wishing I had a luxurious full head of hair so I could rip it all out. Having someone to help with the install would have made it a much different experience. I am satisfied with the look though. I also swapped out the plain jane shifter to one with yellow stitching.
Attached Images

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Last edited by Uhoh5oh; 04-15-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #17
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

I thought the seat covers were a pain in the butt. I had no idea I was about to push my sanity to it's limits. I picked up some door panels from another member, Camaro724. My plan was to paint the panels yellow and swap my cloth ones out with them. Simple right? Well, I jumped right into painting the inserts....without thinking to clean them first. The paint fisheyed all over the inserts. So after three days of carefully stripping the paint back of I prep the inserts and painted them. They turned out great that time. I also removed the fabric from my dash strip, prepped it and painted it. Really changed up the interior.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #18
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

The dash strip
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Looking good man. I tried to do stripes on my hood recently and it didn't turn out anything like that! Haha. Nice job!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #20
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Bought a set of Havoc wheels from another member here. Once I had them on I hated the way the calipers looked so I ordered a set of covers or them. I'm happy with the outcome. The wheels really made a huge difference to the look of the car.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #21
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Looking good man. I tried to do stripes on my hood recently and it didn't turn out anything like that! Haha. Nice job!
Thanks!! It took a lot of patience and time. I love to do things on my own but it doesn't always work out for the best.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #22
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Look good Jeff!
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #23
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Looking good bro!
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #24
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Thanks!!!!

Old 06-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #25
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Very nicely done! Like the new shift knob much better! The stripes and grill really set that car apart.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:13 PM   #26
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Very nicely done! Like the new shift knob much better! The stripes and grill really set that car apart.
Thank you so much!

Old 07-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #27
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Aggressor 2 Bumper Nightmare

After looking at swapping my front end out for a new one I chose to go with the Rideskinz Aggressor 2 fascia. The website states this bumper is best to be installed by a custom shop or a professional with experience. With this being said, it can be done with the right amount of patience, tools (a dremmel tool is your best friend), and a lot of sweat, it's hot in Texas. But in the beginning I spoke with a few local shops and found one that agreed to do the work. I purchased the bumper in February. I received the bumper in the beginning of March. I took the bumper to the shop and met with the guy I had been talking too. He immediately said oh no, I'm not touching that. He said he had attempted to work with an aftermarket urethane bumper before and he wasn't getting back into that mess again. I was upset since he had already told me he could do the work. He did refer me to another shop that had recently opened in town, Garage Junkies. I drove to Garage Junkies and met with one of the co-owners, Chris. Garage Junkies proudly claims to be affiliated with Gas Monkey Garage out of Dallas, in reality I think they have spent way too much time watching Discovery channel and decided it would be cool to open a custom shop. When I first took the fascia to Garage Junkies they said they could do it with no problem. Scheduled a test fitting on March 10, and I quote Chris, "Let's do a test fit to make sure it will work with no major problems. I don't want to send it off to get painted and then it not work and you be stuck with bumper that you can't return." The two weeks passed and I dropped my car off on March 10. Went back to the shop March 11 in the afternoon to get the car. Chris stated he would have to do some fabrication but he could do it. I asked for a ballpark figure on paint and install. Chris said he wanted to take the fascia to his paint guy in Dallas to make sure it had a good color match. Chris told me he would get me a quote once his paint guy had looked at it. This was all discussed on March 11. Fast forward to April 8!! Chris text me to let me know he would have a quote to me that afternoon. At 7:16pm he finally text me back and said $350 to paint and $225 to install but that could go up due to fabrication. I agreed. Chris told me the fascia should be back from painting on Monday April 13. On Thursday April 23 Chris told me he would be picking the bumper up on the 24. I went all weekend without hearing anything from him. I contacted Chris on Monday April 27 to ask if we could schedule the install later that week. Chris said he had Thursday and Friday open. I set the install up for Thursday. I dropped the car off on Wednesday evening, everything was still going as planned. I text Chris Thursday at 3:37 to see if my car would be ready that day or to wait and get it on Friday. Chris told me Friday would be a safe bet. Seven minutes later Chris calls me on the phone and tells me I need to come pick the bumper up, that it is trash and they can't make it work on my car. Completely different from what I had been told for the past month and a half. When I got to the shop Chris was on the phone and acted annoyed that I had showed up. I spoke with the tech that was putting the bumper on. He walked me over to where my car was and this is what I saw. My factory bumper had been removed from the car. The factory grille was laying in the new fascia, no attached, merely laying there. The tech proceeds to tell me how crappy the bumper is. He claimed that he had the bumper laying under a heat lamp to get the urethane to straighten out(this should have been done before it was painted). The tech showed me where the paint has started to crack due to the bending the bumper has done while they were attempting to get it to shape right. The tech said the bumper was way to flimsy and it would never hold shape. I then noticed they hadn't even removed the shipping supports from the bumper and where attempting to install the grille with them in place!! I asked him how long would it take for him to put my stock bumper back on. He said 30 minutes because he needed to get my car out of the way for other projects......and there it was, the truth. They realized they didn't know what they were doing and needed to get it out of shop.

Once I got the bumper home a friend with a lot of experience in this area came over. Not only did they not remove the shipping supports, they never mounted any of the hardware from the factory bumper into the new one for it to hold shape, all of which is required for a proper test fit. The bumper was also never properly prepped before painting. It wasn't sanded. There was one extremely thin layer of primer and one layer of yellow!!! When I contacted Chris about the paint, the only thing I paid for, he merely replied with a picture of my bumper with primer on it. I told him I know it was primed, but it was never sanded. Chris told me he would call me in the morning to work it out and guess what.......no phone call.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and all of sudden Chris calls me. He wants me to come by so we can talk about the situation. I brought my friend along with me. Chris had an attitude with us from the minute we walked in the door. He told me I didn't have the right to file a complaint with the BBB. Chris then said he spoke with his painter and offered to repaint the bumper. I declined stating I would like to have the bumper on sometime this year. Chris began defending his painter. Chris claimed the paint on his truck was done by the same guy. My friend asked Chris if the paint was still on his truck. Chris asked my friend where he fit in in the conversation. My friend replied I'm the guy that's going to fix your mess. Chris said he made a mistake by taking this job on. Chris said he had a bad habit of trying to please everyone. Chris finally agreed to give my money back. Chris disappeared in the back of the shop and was never seen again. Some woman that I had never met before came out from the back and gave me a check for my refund. I will never do business or refer anyone to do business with them.

Now began the process of fixing the mess Garage Junkies had made. There will be tons, and I mean tons of photos.

We used a power washer to remove the loose paint from the bumper. We then sanded it down and performed a proper test fit. I will try to provide as much info and be as detailed as possible for anyone that decides to buy this bumper.

Here is the bumper in the box when it arrived.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #28
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Here is the bumper when I picked it back up Garage Junkies. Notice the shipping supports....painted....morons
Attached Images