Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Hurst elite exhaust

Just curious if anyone has tried it yet, and how it sounds with headers and hi flos. I cant make my mind up on it, and idk if it will be loud enough for me
Old 10-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
13_SS_RS

Drives: White 2013 SS/RS l99
According to this forum a cat back doesn’t gain any hp on these cars. So I would Just have an exhaust shop cut your mufflers off and weld straight pipes in place. Will save you a few hundred bucks and it sounds good and loud. Leave the factory h pipe and resonators on if you don’t want it too loud or to cut down on cruising drone

Current: 2013 summit white Camaro 2SS l99
CAI, long tubes, ported tb, tune

Previous: 2008 jet stream blue Corvette Z06
Airraid, Corsa, MGW shifter SOLD
13_SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
Nb1081

Hard to find good shop i do all my own work i dont trust many, but anyway mufflers are already gone has mbrp axle back. was just curious about sound cant find clip on youtube except from hurst which is most likely a stock car and wasnt so much for hp as was sound
Old 10-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
What do you actually want? I listened to that catback a while ago and didn't think it was loud enough...sure with headers it will be louder but if you want a good loud exhaust I don't think that will do it Just wondering how much it is. I have the Corsa Xtreme with longtubes and love it. I did the muffler delets a while ago.....it sounds but not very refined.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Check out Borla or Corsa systems both quality products with great sound. If it is sound you want a muff delete will work and you wont need a muffler shop ,there are company's that sell a bolt on muff delete kit. As said you will gain no power with a catback .
Old 10-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Op if you want loud go Corsa and don't look back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
What do you actually want? I listened to that catback a while ago and didn't think it was loud enough...sure with headers it will be louder but if you want a good loud exhaust I don't think that will do it Just wondering how much it is. I have the Corsa Xtreme with longtubes and love it. I did the muffler delets a while ago.....it sounds but not very refined.
Corsa is 11/10 loud with longtubes and no cats. With cats I would say it's a 9-10/10. With cats and dynomax bullets it's 8-9/10. I loved the sound, but one of my mufflers was broken and no one wanted to check it out so I swapped to magnaflows... Not as loud but I'm happy with it. I do wish there was less drone though... Might switch to npp mufflers once the magnaflows die

Muffler delete to me sounds like shit. Needs some sort of muffler or resonator imo but to each their own
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Op if you want loud go Corsa and don't look back!

Corsa is 11/10 loud with longtubes and no cats. With cats I would say it's a 9-10/10. With cats and dynomax bullets it's 8-9/10. I loved the sound, but one of my mufflers was broken and no one wanted to check it out so I swapped to magnaflows... Not as loud but I'm happy with it. I do wish there was less drone though... Might switch to npp mufflers once the magnaflows die

Muffler delete to me sounds like shit. Needs some sort of muffler or resonator imo but to each their own
Well the Xtreme is full 3 inch. And with catted longtubes its the loudest exhaust Ive heard. Your right about muffler delete. I watched an old vid a co worker took of me leaving work a few years back. At the time i thought it was great....but it does lack refinement and sounds nowhere near as good as the Corsa lol.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well the Xtreme is full 3 inch. And with catted longtubes its the loudest exhaust Ive heard. Your right about muffler delete. I watched an old vid a co worker took of me leaving work a few years back. At the time i thought it was great....but it does lack refinement and sounds nowhere near as good as the Corsa lol.
Yeah the Xtreme has smaller mufflers than the ZL1 system I had. Either way, super crazy loud and it's a beautiful sound too lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
Nb1081

Yes im looking for loud with a more refine tone than the mbrp delete that i have. I always ran flowmaster 40s for most part, my iroc had a 30 in place of the cat and dumped at the axle as for the hurst i was pretty much hoping for sound clip with headers to see if it woke it up at all its only 715 on ebay but i dont think its gonna fit the bill so to all that replied i thank you for your input and im gonna go look at corsa might just toss mufflers on the mbrp pipes idk lol but thanks again
Old 10-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Yeah the Xtreme has smaller mufflers than the ZL1 system I had. Either way, super crazy loud and it's a beautiful sound too lol
The Corsa system is a bit of a rarity. I've only heard one other Camaro with long tubes and Corsa. But your right a fantastic sounding system. I answer questions about it everywhere I go.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nb1081 View Post
Yes im looking for loud with a more refine tone than the mbrp delete that i have. I always ran flowmaster 40s for most part, my iroc had a 30 in place of the cat and dumped at the axle as for the hurst i was pretty much hoping for sound clip with headers to see if it woke it up at all its only 715 on ebay but i dont think its gonna fit the bill so to all that replied i thank you for your input and im gonna go look at corsa might just toss mufflers on the mbrp pipes idk lol but thanks again
I've been the route your on regarding exhaust. I played around and in the end bought a quality system that's loud but in a good way. You may find that you are never quit happy when you try mixing and matching. For me it would have been cheaper to buy the Corsa to start with haha.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Long tubes with a Corsa X treme is imo the best sounding setup out there. Auctually very good at idle and normal driving. But getting on it will send chills down yor neck.This is a quick
Hit from in the car. Sorry its a min long...and this was not wot.

https://youtu.be/gDp1LlGeMlQ
Old 10-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
Nb1081

That sounds pretty damn good especially for being in the car
Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
That sounds pretty damn good especially for being in the car
Here is a clip under wot at the track. Outside the car its hella loud.....could actually hurt your ears. Imo it sounds awesome zero drone and a nice bark....

https://youtu.be/3oEmLH751S4