Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #71
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
You're killin' me here. I need to get on the rollers, but I'm not getting any feedback from my IPF guy...Jesse...I said I'm not looking for any discount, get me in, let me video it and let's post it.

My car is running perfectly. My mods are THE ones for someone who is looking to wake this model up. I just want to know how 'woke up' it is.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #72
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
I have been looking at the IPF and Triffecta Tunes? IPF claims 10% increase, so i would like to see some dyno results showing that.
That would be interesting to see an IPF Tune with an honest 10% increase of horsepower on an LFX - Automatic Tranny with the IPF Tune, based upon your present modificatons!

Myself personally, would like to see how much of a difference on the Dyno if you had a Cold Air Intake and a Axle Back Exhaust running on 93 octane fuel, especially down here in Florida.

But if you do decide to go the IPF Tune, please post your modifications and your results. Inquiring minds would like to know!

Other than that, Does anybody have any current LFX Dyno Results down here in Florida yet? If so, please post them!
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net

Last edited by wyd_trkr; 01-18-2013 at 10:02 PM.
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #73
wyd_trkr

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
12% loses. wow
That Dyno of yours was without a tune, correct?
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #74
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
That Dyno of yours was without a tune, correct?
I'm not sure who's you are asking for.

My dyno was with bolt ons and no tune. Sycraft's was stock on 93 octane.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #75
wyd_trkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
I'm not sure who's you are asking for.

My dyno was with bolt ons and no tune. Sycraft's was stock on 93 octane.
Did you ever get a baseline dyno before you modded your car? Also, if you were to get a good tune, who would you recommend?
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #76
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
I never did a base line. Currently I'm looking more into superchargers. But I've said before, Everybody likes their trifecta tunes. IPF has what looks to be a great tune for their superchargers.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #77
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Finally got the dyno graphs for 101 Octane.

516.2 HP/446.2 TQ (SAE)
546.0 HP/469.7 TQ (STD)

Land and Sea Dynomite
4th gear
Auto Transmission, unlocked converter

Name:  101OCTSAE.png
Views: 1556
Size:  41.1 KB
Name:  101OCTSTD.png
Views: 1499
Size:  39.9 KB
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #78
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Updated!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #79
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
No problem, as we both are in the same boat as well as horsepower is concerned, as I have basically the same mods as you do, as to why I asked if you did a baseline dyno , before adding the exhaust, tb, cold air kit. As for the IPF tunes, I was a little bit disappointed, as I tried one long enough to go to the Dyno and it only did 265 rwhp and 241 ft. lb torque a week ago. Since then, I had the tune removed and the car now runs like a bear! The car has a noticeable difference in the stock tune, verses the IPF tune and in addition to that, my car lost 5 mpg on the highway and 3 mpg intown driving with the IPF tune for my 2012 Camaro RS with the LFX Engine. Best part is with my stock tune, the mileage is back with my running 87 octane , verses the 93 octane is was running in the car for well over a week before and after the dyno session.

People need to understand that by installing a Off the Shelf Tune and sold to every car enthusiast in the country does not work as good as it would in the area the Altitude - Ambient Temperatures were at that time the tune was written and installed into their test vehicle. Major differences in Altitude and Ambient Temperatures come into play when you write a tune at say 5000 ft above sea level and then someone buys and install that tune at an "0" ft above sea level area.

Regardless, there is nothing better than a Live Dyno Tune Session where you live, or at least, buy a Handheld Tuner from an aftermarket Tuning company that has files from people in your area to download into that Handheld Programable Tuner before you buy it!

Not to many people know of this process which is available, as I have been into this area for over the past 15 years and believe me it works! FWIW, if the IPF Tune was written especially for my car, it would have easily made a minimum of 15 to 20 more horsepower on the Dyno for it being a Stock LFX V6 with just an Axleback Exhaust and a K&N Typhoon Intake System!

My car alone should easily make 280 rwhp on the dyno and with a tune, it should no doubt be very close to 300 rwhp! Here in the very near future I am going to get a Live Dyno Tune with either EFI Live, or HP Tuners by an experienced Tuner to achieve the results I will be satisfied with, without installing a Turbo or Supercharger kit on my car.
I agree that a dyno tune is the best way to go, but dang sounds like your experience with the IPF tune was horrible.

You lost power and significant MPGs?? Just curious, but did you even work with them to correct it? Also you said a tune written for a test car at a certain altitude and temp may not work for another car at a different location...which is correct, but I was told by IPF and an IPF dealer that they ask for your location and altitude before writing the tune for you....so that makes no sense.

Not arguing with you, but it seems like something just wasn't right in this case.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #80
wyd_trkr

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I agree that a dyno tune is the best way to go, but dang sounds like your experience with the IPF tune was horrible.

You lost power and significant MPGs?? Just curious, but did you even work with them to correct it? Also you said a tune written for a test car at a certain altitude and temp may not work for another car at a different location...which is correct, but I was told by IPF and an IPF dealer that they ask for your location and altitude before writing the tune for you....so that makes no sense.

Not arguing with you, but it seems like something just wasn't right in this case.
KMPrenger, it is relatively simple here on what happened to me and I am not a very Happy Camper with IPF, as I talked with them on my getting this tune, which at the time was supposedey for my car specific to my car and location, as well as the modifications I have made to it, as I thought, WRONG! I took my car to the Dyno and was not happy with the results, as the car makes more power stock , verses what the IPF tune was supposed to give me, but it was in reverse, meaning the car literally fell on its face with less horsepower, than what it would normally make with the stock tune, which we could not Dyno, because I did not have it at that time to reinstall. After I got out of the Dyno and heading back home, after literally throwing away $100 on gas and 3 pulls on the Dyno, I went back to the guy that installed the Tune in to my car and asked him to please remove it and reinstall my factory tune, in which he did! The car immediately ran 100 % better right away by just going back to the Factory Tune!

Further, I immediately called IPF the very next day to talk to Jesse the Sales Manager representing IPF and all I got out of 4 different telephone calls to them that day was an Answering Machine. I left the messages and have not recieved a call back since then! It has been a week and a half and still no return phone call back to me! Sadly to say, I have no idea what is going on at IPF, as I was told that they would be closed down for Snowmobile Season and I guess that is more important, verses taking care of perspective Customers!

As for myself, I do not do business that way, as I run an Online Business myself and I am available 24-7 and I Never Miss any calls from my customers! So go figure! My previous post explaining about these So-called Off The Shelf Tunes are exactly what they are and they Will Not work in our cars in South Florida, or any where else in the continental US, unless the tunes are Explicitly Written for the Altitude and Ambient Temperature, Octane Available either 91 or 93 octane, plus including any modifications performed on the car at the time of the tune! You Do Not install a Tune somene has written for vehicle in Arizona and install it into your car in Florida, as it will not perform, unless it is specific to your vehicle and the other Perils previously mentioned! NO Exceptions!

I have been doing this myself professionally for the past 15 years and My Tuner works with me on the examples I have just posted, before the tune or Handheld Tuner Programmer is used to Upload the Correct Tune into the customers car! No, I do not have any tunes for our LLT or LFX Engines at this time, but I am working with 2 well known companies to come up with these tunes, readily available for whomever wants them and previously programmed for the Climate in which you live, plus the Octane available in your area and the Modifications performed on your vehicle.

There are other Professional Tuners in here that use other Tuning Devices that do work on our cars, regardless as to the LLT or LFX Engine designation, but I am sure they will make themselves present if they want to further increase their Tuning Customer Base! Until then, it is a catch twenty two type situation! I have been seeking a Professional Tuner and he is coming to Florida in March and am going to get a Dyno Tune for my 2012 Camaro RS LFX Engine equipped and I will be set, as I do not contemplate modifying it anymore than it is already!

Hope this clears up whatever doubts you may have about any tuning available for your vehicle, as NOTHING is better than a Full Dyno Tune, as living in Florida or any place else, you need to have it tuned to your Climate and Engine Modifications, period!
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint

Last edited by wyd_trkr; 01-29-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #81
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Gretchen, those are MONSTER numbers. Thanks for making this happen.

wyd_T, I am nothing short of amazed with my IPF tune. I was asked what mods my car had before the tune was loaded (by Jesse). We can only get 91 octane here in Phoenix. We are also at less than 1000' elevation. What do you suppose is the difference between Florida and Arizona that would make the difference between the two? Humidity? It also ranges wildly here. I've also driven my car to over 7000' elevation for work several times, driven in snow as well as driven in well over 100 degree heat. The car runs great. Sorry for your experience. I sent you a PM. Can you try again with IPF? I know he wants to make this right.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #82
wyd_trkr

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Finally got the dyno graphs for 101 Octane.

516.2 HP/446.2 TQ (SAE)
546.0 HP/469.7 TQ (STD)

Land and Sea Dynomite
4th gear
Auto Transmission, unlocked converter
THose are excellent Dyno Numbers on you car! Good luck with it!
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #83
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Thanks all. Track rental got postponed until Thrusday because of weather forecast.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #84
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Great dyno, hopefully I can get to your level.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote