Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
I received my zaino order on Friday . Not going to be able to get to working on detailing for a few more weeks which is ok.

My inlays had a Simoniz random orbit polisher they have lent me, it comes with a number of pads. Are these ok to use or should i order some zaino pads or Just try my first detail by hand?
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #30
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Sheena, with the Zaino products, you really need to apply them by hand. I'm not sure you can correct swirls with them. I believe they are more for getting that deep wet look. Honestly, they say 1 oz does the whole car. And it does! One of my coworkers tried using Zaino like he would McGuiars and it took about a week for it to dry for him to get it off.

Follow the directions to the T. If you don't think it's going on the car, rub a spot on your window with the applicator. If it leaves a streak, it is going on.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #31
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, with the Zaino products, you really need to apply them by hand. I'm not sure you can correct swirls with them. I believe they are more for getting that deep wet look. Honestly, they say 1 oz does the whole car. And it does! One of my coworkers tried using Zaino like he would McGuiars and it took about a week for it to dry for him to get it off.

Follow the directions to the T. If you don't think it's going on the car, rub a spot on your window with the applicator. If it leaves a streak, it is going on.
Hey Tom,

Zaino has this product for swivel and minor scratch removal http://www.zainostore.ca/zaino-produ...swirl-remover/ I have used it and it does an OK job. It is a micro abrasive so read the instructions carefully before using it.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
I received my zaino order on Friday . Not going to be able to get to working on detailing for a few more weeks which is ok.

My inlays had a Simoniz random orbit polisher they have lent me, it comes with a number of pads. Are these ok to use or should i order some zaino pads or Just try my first detail by hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Hey Tom,

Zaino has this product for swivel and minor scratch removal http://www.zainostore.ca/zaino-produ...swirl-remover/ I have used it and it does an OK job. It is a micro abrasive so read the instructions carefully before using it.
Well Sheena. Matt has corrected me. LOL LOL If you have the above product that Matt has mentioned, you can use the orbital with it. Have you used it yourself Matt? How does it work?

I would be interested to see the results.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #33
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
I took it to several detailers last year, and they all said it would be unfixable. I'll probably replace the stripes in a year or two.

I like the vinyl as its easy to change up, most sign shops in town can do a totally custom look for you in any style, color or fade you like. Removal of my original vinyl stripes from factory and adding all that pink only cost me $300. It may not have been to everyones taste but the job was done quite well.
or just order up some and try installing yourself

http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...FSU6Qgod4EcAMg
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
smarbrit

Quote:
Well Sheena. Matt has corrected me. LOL LOL If you have the above product that Matt has mentioned, you can use the orbital with it. Have you used it yourself Matt? How does it work?

Well, I should read instructions prior to posting...lol I have the Zaino polish for heavy swirl marks and fine scratches, different product than Matt mentioned. No orbital required for application.

I watched a bunch of Adam's videos over the weekend on detailing, which was quite helpful but took the process to a different level.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #35
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Well, I should read instructions prior to posting...lol I have the Zaino polish for heavy swirl marks and fine scratches, different product than Matt mentioned. No orbital required for application.

I watched a bunch of Adam's videos over the weekend on detailing, which was quite helpful but took the process to a different level.
You guys start power polishing and you will find muscles and joints you didn't even know existed! LMAO
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #36
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
I like the vinyl as its easy to change up, most sign shops in town can do a totally custom look for you in any style, color or fade you like. Removal of my original vinyl stripes from factory and adding all that pink only cost me $300. It may not have been to everyones taste but the job was done quite well.
or just order up some and try installing yourself

http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...FSU6Qgod4EcAMg
Oh wow. Very reasonable! Thanks
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #37
dragon22

On another note...I took my car into the body shop at Southgate today. There is about 4 days worth of work on it and God willing everything goes smoothly...I should have it by Friday. If not, I'll be needing a rental for the weekend. I'll phone them Thursday and find out if it will be ready. I'll decide if I have to call the insurance company then.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
smarbrit

Quote:
On another note...I took my car into the body shop at Southgate today. There is about 4 days worth of work on it and God willing everything goes smoothly...I should have it by Friday. If not, I'll be needing a rental for the weekend. I'll phone them Thursday and find out if it will be ready. I'll decide if I have to call the insurance company then.
Fingers crossed you have her back by Friday! When I had the hail damage repairs done I had mine back in about 4 days as well, but I didn't take it as they put a number of scratches in one of my doors.

Mine is back at the dealer for the brakes. Still vibrating at highway speeds. Tried telling me they are only covered 1 tim under warrantye. Told them that's fine, but they weren't fixed the first time. Will see what happens!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
dragon22

It's so hard on these cars to tell if the vibration is from the front or the rear brakes. "In the old days"...LOL...the park brake was part of the brake system. What I mean by that is you could slowly apply the park brake to determine if the vibration was in the rear. On these cars, the park brake is separate (a shoe setup inside the rear rotors) so you can no longer do that to determine which end of the car the vibration is coming from. The only way to know for sure is if it is severe enough to shake the steering wheel (this would be front) or to shake through the seats (most likely rear).

Stick to your guns! You're correct in saying it was not fixed in the first go around and they should still honour the warranty. If they had been smart, they would have told you no warranty to begin with, but now they have committed themselves. LOL

Good luck Sheena!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #40
smarbrit

Quote:
It's so hard on these cars to tell if the vibration is from the front or the rear brakes. "In the old days"...LOL...the park brake was part of the brake system. What I mean by that is you could slowly apply the park brake to determine if the vibration was in the rear. On these cars, the park brake is separate (a shoe setup inside the rear rotors) so you can no longer do that to determine which end of the car the vibration is coming from. The only way to know for sure is if it is severe enough to shake the steering wheel (this would be front) or to shake through the seats (most likely rear).

Stick to your guns! You're correct in saying it was not fixed in the first go around and they should still honour the warranty. If they had been smart, they would have told you no warranty to begin with, but now they have committed themselves. LOL

Good luck Sheena!
I sure hope your car comes out looking better than new!!! Shaganappi did a great job on my bumper and the keyed area and were a pleasure to work with!! Amazing what body shops can do!

I won't back down on the brakes. Will just see what they have to say later today.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #41
dragon22

I'm sure Southgate will do a great job. When they repainted the back end of my car it looked amazing!

Keep us posted on your brakes.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #42
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:

Yes Tom, the first winter I put the GM cover on it, the car was spotless when I put it away. When I took the cover off in the spring my pillar posts were scratched really bad. The GM covers was not designed for cars with ground effects, it is way too tight and not in a good way like a hot babe in tight jeans I went to visit Marsha at Hugger Covers and she made a cover to fit properly with the ground effects.

I used this stuff but only with elbow grease. I was too chicken to use a machine. It did a reasonable good job removing the scratches and once polished it looked like new again.

Hope the repairs go well and it gets return to you like new.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote