Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
how much rwhp does the detroit tru trac support

one of the next mods plan on doing, see a lot of people breaking their stock differential at the track im over 700 rwhp, just want to be sure it can support that kind of power at the track.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossdusk View Post
one of the next mods plan on doing, see a lot of people breaking their stock differential at the track im over 700 rwhp, just want to be sure it can support that kind of power at the track.
camarossdusk,

From what I have been told by Eaton that kit should hold the 700rwhp you are making.

I have tried to call them just to confirm but have not had any luck getting them on the phone. I hope this information helps you.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 01-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #3
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Thanks that does help just trying build up the drivetrain for more rwhp with new motor.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
The problem is the stock case will not hold that kind of power.Im working on a new drivetrain setup that will come complete and be $1000s less than anything available. Ihope to announce this in the next few weeks.......well maybe i just did lol
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
The problem is the stock case will not hold that kind of power.Im working on a new drivetrain setup that will come complete and be $1000s less than anything available. Ihope to announce this in the next few weeks.......well maybe i just did lol
looking forward to hearing about this.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Any good news, yet......

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #7
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
When I did my research, that is what I learned too. When I had my True Trax installed, I put caps and a LPW diff cover. I was at 811 to the wheels with no issues. The problem with the stock case is when the diff wants to twist, there is so much torque that the case cracks. Billet caps help to stabilize and the diff cover allows for an additional an additional 1/2 qt. of fluid. On the diff. cover there are also two allen bolts that apply additional clamping on the caps making it stronger.
2011 Triple Black SS convertible, LSX 427, PRC 260cc heads, Callies Ultra Billet Rods, Wiseco -20 cc piston, Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Strange Dana 60 rear w/3.73 gear ratio and driveshaft, Pfadt coilovers, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt tie rods, Pfadt subframe bushings, Vortech YSi with wastegate and twin BOV, Haltech ECU, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, ALKY control meth system with dual nozzle, Squash twin fuel pumps, ACS T3 ports, VIS Terminator Hood, Seibon ZL style lip.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #8
H-E
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Any good news, yet......
PM SENT
Old 02-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #9
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

yes please send me a pm very interested
Old 02-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #10
H-E
Account Suspended

Quote:
yes please send me a pm very interested
Give me a call and we can talk about it.980 521 0722...call anytime ..tonight's fine
Old 02-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
camarossdusk,

From what I have been told by Eaton that kit should hold the 700rwhp you are making.

I have tried to call them just to confirm but have not had any luck getting them on the phone. I hope this information helps you.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
I have one in my 2010 SS camaro Turbocharger making 838rwhp and its been in there for 4 years now without a issue at all and i race the car and use it as a daily driver as well, we have sold & fitted many of these units and never had a problem yet what so ever.
For what it is worth....I have a 2010 SS with a 6L80 with about 570 RWHP. I am changing out the truetrac that lasted less than two years and had about 80 passes on it. It didn't live any longer than my previous stock differential. Based on my personal experience, I would not recommend it for drag racing even at 570 RWHP.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 AM   #12
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Quote:
Give me a call and we can talk about it.980 521 0722...call anytime ..tonight's fine
ok great might be just giving you a call soon then.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:39 AM   #13
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
For what it is worth....I have a 2010 SS with a 6L80 with about 570 RWHP. I am changing out the truetrac that lasted less than two years and had about 80 passes on it. It didn't live any longer than my previous stock differential. Based on my personal experience, I would not recommend it for drag racing even at 570 RWHP.
Wow that all you got out of it? I have well over 400 passes on my stock diff about half at 585 rwhp and 6l80 and the rest with 633 rwhp and the 4l80 for 4 years. The only thing done to it put in 391 gears after the 4l80.
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #14
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
That's it about 80 passes and for several months have been experiencing "one wheel peel syndrome". I put a new set of drag radials on last fall. The next day after a track outing that included about six line locked water box burn outs, there were still whiskers on the surface of the right hand tire.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote