Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #141
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
Ted I'll defer to your experience as you surely have more than I.

However it seems common sense that systems like New Era and Vararam are going to see much better results @ speed, going down the road/track.

No?
Google Ram air Myth.

I have 60 MPH winds in my Dyno that simulates on road conditions.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #142
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Henessey's silence is certianly speaking volumes right now.
Along with New Era and Vararam...two companies that tooted the OTR was so much better. Wonder where they are?
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #143
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Hennesey's already been beaten; I don't think he wants to throw himself under the bus here in such a high visibility thread. New Era's seems to have issues and if Ted's testing reveals that "officially" that would kill their sales so I'm sure they don't want to risk that. Vara may not have a production final quality piece ready yet. Vara's is the one I'd most like to see tested here too lol.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #144
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Along with New Era and Vararam...two companies that tooted the OTR was so much better. Wonder where they are?
"shut up or put up" Show me so numbers on a stock car.....not one w/ a bunch of mods. We want to know what "your" CAI can do.
Thanks again for doing this Ted!

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #145
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I now you don't think so but you can not do a back to back test on this car, As the minute you go from CAI to OEM box it makes the AFR go to lean and you get a higher HP #, It drives like you put a big cam in the car and takes a good 100 mi to came back so if you don't tune it it runs like hell. As for Vararam, Thay do not have a production final quality piece ready yet, As so many of you are saying that the look of this unit and that unit is so good there beta units are not for you to see next to a production unit.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #146
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I now you don't think so but you can not do a back to back test on this car, As the minute you go from CAI to OEM box it makes the AFR go to lean and you get a higher HP #, It drives like you put a big cam in the car and takes a good 100 mi to came back so if you don't tune it it runs like hell. As for Vararam, Thay do not have a production final quality piece ready yet, As so many of you are saying that the look of this unit and that unit is so good there beta units are not for you to see next to a production unit.
So you've seen their production unit?

I understand supporting them beacuse you are a tester of their unit, but how can you make claims about a product that no one has seen.

Also, if the car runs lean after switching units, then the car will be lean for all the tests, correct?
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #147
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I don't know if your refering to me or not, if so, I don't see how, you Know, what I am thinking.

I am well aware of how the whole system works, I am very familiar with GM computer strategy.

I do have a plan on how to make this completely Fair, and will be reporting my findings.

If anyone does not want to participate, that is fine, consumers will draw they're own conclusions.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 09-25-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #148
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post

I understand supporting them beacuse you are a tester of their unit, but how can you make claims about a product that no one has seen.

Also, if the car runs lean after switching units, then the car will be lean for all the tests, correct?
My car ran pig rich with the stock airbox. The Roto-fab almost made the tune perfect. I hardley picked up anything with the tune after the roto-fab install.

I think they tuned these motors in a controlled envorment with different or no intakes on them. There is no logical explination as to why a factory tune would be that rich and run normal after a CAI swap.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #149
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post

So on one test it will give you a HP # that is not right and on the other unit it will give you a number that is high or lower that is what i said, And as for no one seeing this unit ther was 60 ppl at the SOCAL meet last month and maybe 40 more at LV meet that i go to now and then and all the ppl that look at my sig, You know the one that chevy high performance got of my car at that meet in Socal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I don't know if your refering to me or not, if so, I don't see how, you Know, what I am thinking.

I am well aware of how the whole system works, I am very familiar with GM computer stradegy.

I do have a plan on how to make this completely Fair, and will be reporting my findings.

If anyone does not want to participate, that is fine, consumers will draw they're own conclusions.
I am not saying that, But how are you doing this test that all units have the same start on a OEM car, As you know if you lower the air pressure on the tires you lose HP if you over fill the tires you get more HP, So can we know how this test is to be done.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #150
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Not that Ted needs anyone to substantiate his accomplishments of obtaining reliable speed, but I will say it's not likely someone is going to spring a technological surprise on him. He's been doin this shit longer then a lot of y'all been part of this thing called humanity. lol......No disrespect to anyone. Facts is facts.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #151
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
So when can we except the #s from the test.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #152
2SSRS@Gen5diy

I called yesterday and i hope next week.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #153
SMGSS

Drives: 00 SS, 67 SS
Were having a hard time keeping production up with orders, when do you plan on having this test? We can send one of our units in if we catch up. what will you be looking for? just power gains vs price? will you also be testing for IAT's? Any street or strip testing or all dyno?
SMGSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #154
JANNETTYRACING

Basic Plan.

Dyno and datalog Stock Car for solid baseline
Install said cold air kit with air temp sensor in pipe just before throttle body
Clear computer fuel trim values
Drive cycle to let long term fuel trims settle in
dyno until numbers stabalize
also record fuel trim values, timing values, HP Torque A/F ratio, and all weather info.
water and oil temps will be consistant throughout testing.
Hood will be closed for all testing

There are a lot more details but you get the Idea.

We will also be evaluating, Packaging, overall quality, fit and finish, ease of installation.

Pricing will not be brought in to this evaluation, Too many Products are sold on Price alone, which should be the last part of the decision process, not the first.

I am also open to any other suggestions.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 09-28-2009 at 10:18 AM.