Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #43
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Congrats Hrpiii! Awesome job

And Bonnie, good luck on your training. Have you ever done a figure competition before? I trained for one 2 years ago at the age of 39. I almost made it but rehurt my lower back and had to pull out. I had back surgery 6 years ago for a herniated disk that still gives me fits if I over do it.

I see where you are about to start the "diet". I found the dieting is the toughest part. It sucks beyond belief! I don't know if you have kids (I have 3) but it sure makes it tougher not to eat all the crap when you are having to make them and your spouse their favorite foods and you are stuck eating clean foods such as chicken breast, fish, broccoli, rice and oatmeal all the time. Fridays was my cheat day. I allowed myself one bad thing and it was usually a small pizza with veggies! lol. The one thing I really got tired of was eating every 2 to 2.5 hours a day. It seems like and I did was eat and drink water. Blah!

I just started back to the gym last week and started my "diet". Are you using a personal trainer? I had hired one at our local gym. He was a bodybuilder who was trying to get his pro card. I got a lot of tips from him and he helped my diet a lot plus he trained me really hard. We did a lot of plyometrics for my legs because I couldn't do heavy squats.

Anyways, good luck. Keep us informed on your progress!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #44
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Congrats Hrpiii! Awesome job

And Bonnie, good luck on your training. Have you ever done a figure competition before? I trained for one 2 years ago at the age of 39. I almost made it but rehurt my lower back and had to pull out. I had back surgery 6 years ago for a herniated disk that still gives me fits if I over do it.

I see where you are about to start the "diet". I found the dieting is the toughest part. It sucks beyond belief! I don't know if you have kids (I have 3) but it sure makes it tougher not to eat all the crap when you are having to make them and your spouse their favorite foods and you are stuck eating clean foods such as chicken breast, fish, broccoli, rice and oatmeal all the time. Fridays was my cheat day. I allowed myself one bad thing and it was usually a small pizza with veggies! lol. The one thing I really got tired of was eating every 2 to 2.5 hours a day. It seems like and I did was eat and drink water. Blah!

I just started back to the gym last week and started my "diet". Are you using a personal trainer? I had hired one at our local gym. He was a bodybuilder who was trying to get his pro card. I got a lot of tips from him and he helped my diet a lot plus he trained me really hard. We did a lot of plyometrics for my legs because I couldn't do heavy squats.

Anyways, good luck. Keep us informed on your progress!
I know, I'm not looking forward to the diet either, but I'm trying to get used to having less sugar and keeping my meals high protien. This will be my first figure competition, i've only been in a few bikini contest in car shows and placed pretty well, but this will be taking it to a much more serious level.
I do have a personal trainer, I've been training for 3 months already and I have 3 more months to go. I'm doing 3 days a week circuit training and cardio 6 days a week, I've gotten used to that routine and it works well for me. I'm training at Jasons fitness in Mobile, al. he holds the NPC Heart of dixie every year, he's been in the business for a really long time and knows his stuff. Any ways I'm glad you let me know you have experience in this, you might be getting PM's from me with questions LOL
Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok...time to bring back this old thread from the dead!

...with...

HOLY CRAP

There's my goal. Plain and simple. I've wanted this for years....YEARS...

How tall are you? I'm looking at the weights, etc and thinking...I'm 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
about 15 years, but the first 5 years, I really didn't know what the heck I was doing. Then it all started coming together, as I learned how important nutrition plays in lifting, or really, what type of nutrition I needed based on my lifting. I was NOT eating enough calories to grow. It take a heck of a lot of food to grow and maintain. A LOT. If you are in this sport, and you are not getting bigger, you are not eating enough.
Bingo. I have spent thousands of dollars on gym memberships and hundreds of hours in the gym and for what? Nada... I simply didn't know how to eat. I finally got that mag I was telling ya'll about in a the New Years thread and that did it for me. I have a long, long, LONG way to go....but, Dana is already saying she can see a difference in my arms and shoulders.

I see a difference in my weights already. FWIW, I never knew how to eat and thus, my strength and size never grew. I stayed the same... I never got stronger.

But, over the last month, I'm watching my weights steadily increase. I couldn't squat 300 to save my life. Then again, I never EVER worked legs. I didn't see that as an important part of lifting. I know...

Last week, I got 295 twice....nope on the 300. This week I got 295 three times and stopped so I could try 300 (seems I always want to go for a max after I had a ton of reps). Well, I got 300 twice...AND...that was after 12 reps at 185 warming up, 10 reps at 225, another 10 reps at 265, 6 reps at 286, three at 295, then 300 twice. So, I could probably do more...but I don't want to push it any harder earlier or I just know something would get pulled. As time goes on, the weights will go up as they are now. I just can't wait for 350...then 400...then 450...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Very cool. Just please never, ever send me your food bill...
Ain't that the truth! I'm watching my food bill skyrocket. Dana is eating a hell of a lot healthier and so am I....TONS of protein and meats. Our food bill is slowly gaining on our house bill... Then again, we have two kids (who are both within the 99 to 100th percentile of size in their age group). Dylan just hit 4'3" and is 72lbs and he just turned 6 in Dec. Dean is following right along as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #46
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok...time to bring back this old thread from the dead!

...with...

HOLY CRAP

There's my goal. Plain and simple. I've wanted this for years....YEARS...

How tall are you? I'm looking at the weights, etc and thinking...I'm 6'2"

Bingo. I have spent thousands of dollars on gym memberships and hundreds of hours in the gym and for what? Nada... I simply didn't know how to eat. I finally got that mag I was telling ya'll about in a the New Years thread and that did it for me. I have a long, long, LONG way to go....but, Dana is already saying she can see a difference in my arms and shoulders.

I see a difference in my weights already. FWIW, I never knew how to eat and thus, my strength and size never grew. I stayed the same... I never got stronger.

But, over the last month, I'm watching my weights steadily increase. I couldn't squat 300 to save my life. Then again, I never EVER worked legs. I didn't see that as an important part of lifting. I know...

Last week, I got 295 twice....nope on the 300. This week I got 295 three times and stopped so I could try 300 (seems I always want to go for a max after I had a ton of reps). Well, I got 300 twice...AND...that was after 12 reps at 185 warming up, 10 reps at 225, another 10 reps at 265, 6 reps at 286, three at 295, then 300 twice. So, I could probably do more...but I don't want to push it any harder earlier or I just know something would get pulled. As time goes on, the weights will go up as they are now. I just can't wait for 350...then 400...then 450...lol

Ain't that the truth! I'm watching my food bill skyrocket. Dana is eating a hell of a lot healthier and so am I....TONS of protein and meats. Our food bill is slowly gaining on our house bill... Then again, we have two kids (who are both within the 99 to 100th percentile of size in their age group). Dylan just hit 4'3" and is 72lbs and he just turned 6 in Dec. Dean is following right along as well.
I"m 5'9".

It really is that simple in this sport. If you ain't growin, you ain't eatin. I don't care who says otherwise, no way around it. It did take me a long time to learn that, and that's why I am so glad to stop and help others struggling with this concept. And yes, I've actually had a food bill of $70 for just a weekend...when you are looking to grill steak and chicken, sweet potatoes, corn and everything else for lunch and dinner..it adds up quick... then back to the grocery store again. let me know how I can help!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Excellent job. Reaching your personal best for all to see is even better, so what are you shooting for next year?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #48
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
wow great lifting! i am a senior in high school and really into lifting, you're like a role model now! lol
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #49
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
He is a badass Beefcake!