Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #29
hv92

Drives: .
hahaha I just didnt update my "drives". haha and plus, if i didnt have one? would i be on here asking for ur guys' help regarding this issue??
Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
hv92

what's up wit'dat?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #31
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
hahaha I just didnt update my "drives". haha and plus, if i didnt have one? would i be on here asking for ur guys' help regarding this issue??
It was a joke. I was just ribbing you, but I don't know, would you? There's been several false stories being posted. Plus you already were snippy with PQ. Getting defensive...hhhmmmm
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #32
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaOnCrack View Post
It was a joke. I was just ribbing you, but I don't know, would you? There's been several false stories being posted. Plus you already were snippy with PQ. Getting defensive...hhhmmmm
Well in hv92's defense...PQ's comment was IMO insulting and rude. like seriously....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Have you seriously not opened the hood and started it to pinpoint the noise?

Shouldn't be hard to do.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #33
hv92

well.. if you dont have any info on this issue then please dont waste your time and my time getting me all riled up and lead me to expect a probable solution to this issue in my camaro.
Camaro guy, thank you for backing me up. It's whatever though.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #34
camaro guy

i get whistles and clicking from the vents now and again. i just bang on the dash or vents or glovebox and it goes away.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
i get whistles and clicking from the vents now and again. i just bang on the dash or vents or glovebox and it goes away.
And there you have it hv92. Just beat the hell out of the dash. No dealer needed.

Insulting and rude.

Yup. That's how I do things here on C5.

Sorry, I guess.........

So I forgot to drop the obligatory emoticons to make sure camaroguy doesn't get offended at a post.

Yes, I thought it was hard to believe that a stationary whistling would be hard to find. Still do in fact. Follow the noise. And if you still can't find it, WEIRD. Stranger things have happened certainly. So then we go from there.

So I tell you what, let me fix it. If it's not satisfactory, just let me know. I will stay here till I get it right. For you.

Quote:
Have you seriously not opened the hood and started it to pinpoint the noise?

Shouldn't be hard to do.
Dickweed.

Last edited by PQ; 12-30-2010 at 01:32 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #36
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
PQ-
You are one funny ****!!!!!!!!! (emoticon inserted for brevity)
I can see what PQ is saying, if its a stationary whistle and you dont want the dealer to mess with it do a little troubleshooting. Cant be hard to determine where it is coming from. Mine whistles from the fan when the blower is on low speed. Sort of sounds like chaf or cast crap onthe fan blades.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #37
hv92

just dropped it off at the dealer. Stopped at the gas station and saw some old high school buddies who drooled over the car. I asked one of them if they could hear the whistle, so i popped the hood. I found it to be coming from one of the pulleys so that could not be good.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
just dropped it off at the dealer. Stopped at the gas station and saw some old high school buddies who drooled over the car. I asked one of them if they could hear the whistle, so i popped the hood. I found it to be coming from one of the pulleys so that could not be good.
Might just be a tad lose. Belt maybe. Have it looked at by the dealer. Don't want to take any chances.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #39
camaro guy

Quote:
And there you have it hv92. Just beat the hell out of the dash. No dealer needed.

Insulting and rude.

Yup. That's how I do things here on C5.

Sorry, I guess.........

So I forgot to drop the obligatory emoticons to make sure camaroguy doesn't get offended at a post.

Yes, I thought it was hard to believe that a stationary whistling would be hard to find. Still do in fact. Follow the noise. And if you still can't find it, WEIRD. Stranger things have happened certainly. So then we go from there.

So I tell you what, let me fix it. If it's not satisfactory, just let me know. I will stay here till I get it right. For you.

Dickweed.
lmao. whats wrong with banging on stuff? thats the actual troubleshooting tips from the old firebird days.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #40
hv92

it was a glazed airconditioning belt. now runs like a monster.