Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Brain storming...Is it possible?

So I was thinking of running Meth with my current setup and with a RDS spacer...Later on forged piston and rods and running NO2 as well..Is a 200 shot to much? Can you run Meth and NO2 together? Will this be to much for the blower, heads or block? Thanks for your input!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
So I was thinking of running Meth with my current setup and with a RDS spacer...Later on forged piston and rods and running NO2 as well..Is a 200 shot to much? Can you run Meth and NO2 together? Will this be to much for the blower, heads or block? Thanks for your input!
First video is TVS, meth and nitrous

This video is Procharger, Meth , Nitrous

Its doable but the tune has to be ON POINT
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Yes. Dial it in on the motor. Then turn on the meth kit. Add enough water/meth to richen you up about a point, maybe a hair more, on the AFR. I like 70/30 mixes usually but am using a 50/50 mix right now and it's working well. Add 1-2 psi, then Lean your tune back out about 0.5. Datalog it. Should be able to add about 2 degrees of timing. So far I've found on the LS engine, not a lot of additional timing wanted or needed. Once fine tuned.....

Try the spray. I like a wet kit and a timing controller so it is completely standalone tuning and you can dial it in yourself. Make sure you have plenty of fuel system and cold non projected tip spark plugs. Start with about 0.4 richer AFR as seen on wideband and with 2 degrees of timing retard per 50 shot. When you are dialed in you should end with about 0.3 richer and about 1 degree of retard per 50 shot, compared to the water/meth tune.

Some may disagree but this will get you dialed in pretty quick and still be on the safe side.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote