Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
I don't care how much gas you give it, body parts shouldn't fall off.
Are we talking about a zombie Camaro here?
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #30
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So to resurrect this thread. The rep at my local chevy dealership got back in touch with me after he sent a description and these photos to the Chevy Brand Quality people.

They apparently said they have no known cases of this ever happening before and they aren't going to cover it.

I'm not happy with that response and I really want to know what other methods I may have to get this replaced. I wasn't going too fast, I didn't hit anything, there's no reason this should have happened.

Does anyone have any input on another way I can get this taken care of?

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #31
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
If you were a TSUN fan this would've never happened
rebelyell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
The reality is that nothing you do with your right foot should break the front end bodywork. However, GM will tell you to peddle your papers, we're not fixing that for free.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #33
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

I completely agree, unfortunately,like you said, Chevy is going to fight me all the way. I've seen the thread about the pre production bumpers doing this, I just can't find anything from Chevy saying they changed something or fixed the issue. If I could find something like that I think I would at least have a case.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
This is clearly an engineering defect. This should be covered. I'd try to go up the chain if I were you. They owe you a new front bumper or at least a good discount on a ZL1 bumper.....

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #35
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
So to resurrect this thread. The rep at my local chevy dealership got back in touch with me after he sent a description and these photos to the Chevy Brand Quality people.

They apparently said they have no known cases of this ever happening before and they aren't going to cover it.

I'm not happy with that response and I really want to know what other methods I may have to get this replaced. I wasn't going too fast, I didn't hit anything, there's no reason this should have happened.

Does anyone have any input on another way I can get this taken care of?

I feel for you man. That is a clear mfg. defect. What they told you was a poor runaround excuse to deny liability. Based on my own experience, that seems to be the general way in how they approach complaints. It's like they haven't figured out that happy customers= repeat, loyal customers. Their process/mentality towards CS is really poor.

To fix it, it'll run you $350-500 to have the bumper rewelded with plastic compound or body filler+prep and paint.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #36
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I can assure you this should not happen.

I can also assure you this is a bigger problem on Dodge Challengers than it is on Camaros.

really I have never read where this happened on a Challenger. But what does a Challenger have to do with his car? Some of you guys are so envious of other brands you do not offer advice but take every chance to talk about cars you are envious of. I just had to do it lol.

Now back to topic. I would take the evidence you have including this thread (and other thread) and if Chevrolet refuses to take care of it then I would report it to the NHTSB - this could cause an accident. They have never heard of it I am sure if you can get someones RO number you have them there with the NHTSB.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #37
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I can assure you this should not happen.

I can also assure you this is a bigger problem on Dodge Challengers than it is on Camaros.
Your wrong. They don't go fast enough to rip the front end off.

Sorry Challenger guys couldn't resist. In all seriousness, I've read a lot about the rocker moldings and dents that just appear on their own with the challenger, but I never read of or heard of any problems with the front doing that. If I remember one of the mags while testing the Camaro during a high speed run had that happen.

Last edited by motorhead; 10-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #38
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Now back to topic. I would take the evidence you have including this thread (and other thread) and if Chevrolet refuses to take care of it then I would report it to the NHTSB - this could cause an accident. They have never heard of it I am sure if you can get someones RO number you have them there with the NHTSB.[/QUOTE]

This!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #39
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Now that is a very good idea! I guess I will go to my district rep since the guy at the dealership doesn't want to help anymore.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #40
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
your bumper fasteners look different. The ones I've seen are a 2 piece pushpin that has the screwdriver slot to separate them. I doubt that would be the cause, but it's worth bringing up.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #41
Aqua_Blue_SS

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteele View Post
your bumper fasteners look different. The ones I've seen are a 2 piece pushpin that has the screwdriver slot to separate them. I doubt that would be the cause, but it's worth bringing up.
I have a sept. 09 build with the 2 piece push pin. So they may have been changed out for some reason. That was the first thing i noticed too.
Aqua_Blue_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #42
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

The ones I have are also a 2 piece pushpin