Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #6567
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
the gs4 looks exactly the same as gs3 but the camera is 13mpx instead of 8 or 9 i think and has a better RAM so it faster.. i want a size in between the gs4 and note2 lol
decisions decision
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #6568
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Oh man. Why did you go with the Note 2 instead of the GS4?
The S4 doesn't look too be much of a jump past my S3, it's an incremental step forward. Yes, it's better in every way, but none that really call out to me. What I wanted improved on my S3, is taken care of on the Note 2. I'll explain.

I've loved most of what I got on the S3 but the S Note was cumbersome. If I'm in a meeting and someone starts to rattle off names and numbers or condition report numbers, I couldn't access the program and tap out as fast as the meeting was going. I saw another supervisor with his Note 2 pull his S Pen and the program flew open to a new blank note and he simply started to write. I played with his Note 2 and realized that this what was missing from the S3.

The S3 screen size was fine for me, but the larger Note 2 screen was also better for writing and reading pdf and word documents. I keep procedures and word forms on my phone for in field use, and with the 5.5"screen of the Note 2, again, it's better.

The split screen of the Note 2 and the upcoming S4 is a great feature that once you see, you'll fall in love with! Open an email while in a word doc and copy/paste sections. This is great!

I'm not desiring to carry a full on tablet and a phone, so the note gets me closer to what I need to be as efficient as possible.

I honestly would have waited until October for the Note 3, but my son's Thunderbolt is nearly dead. The warranty is expired and I can't see paying the $90 deductible to use Assurion for an advanced device claim on a phone that is essentially obsolete. I passed the S3 to him.

For some users, a large phone (phablet?) Like this would be a no way situation. For me, being how I use my phone as my main Internet and forum access device and also for work and taking notes, it's a great thing.

The S4 will not have the S Pen. As such, is more like the S3 than the Note 2. They are targeted at different demographics in my opinion.

I'll likely move to the next Note 3 once it's released assuming there are some added features that have meaning to me. But for now I feel that I've got the very best PDA phone for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #6569
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Enough electronics... more cars...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ysRmy7ySS3s

For those who are concerned with street racing: no American laws were broken -- this was filmed on the Asian continent.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #6570
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
isn't this pretty much an Asian continent now by default to China?

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #6571
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

lol wut the hell.!! india is in asia and it is huge.!! with 1.4 billion ppl.!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #6572
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

BTW this weather sucks..!! it was 16* when i left home now its 20... soo much for spring ... me no gusta :/
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #6573
Bumblebee2012

8 days until the road trip to Atlanta. Excitement builds!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #6574
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
The S4 doesn't look too be much of a jump past my S3, it's an incremental step forward. Yes, it's better in every way, but none that really call out to me. What I wanted improved on my S3, is taken care of on the Note 2. I'll explain.

I've loved most of what I got on the S3 but the S Note was cumbersome. If I'm in a meeting and someone starts to rattle off names and numbers or condition report numbers, I couldn't access the program and tap out as fast as the meeting was going. I saw another supervisor with his Note 2 pull his S Pen and the program flew open to a new blank note and he simply started to write. I played with his Note 2 and realized that this what was missing from the S3.

The S3 screen size was fine for me, but the larger Note 2 screen was also better for writing and reading pdf and word documents. I keep procedures and word forms on my phone for in field use, and with the 5.5"screen of the Note 2, again, it's better.

The split screen of the Note 2 and the upcoming S4 is a great feature that once you see, you'll fall in love with! Open an email while in a word doc and copy/paste sections. This is great!

I'm not desiring to carry a full on tablet and a phone, so the note gets me closer to what I need to be as efficient as possible.

I honestly would have waited until October for the Note 3, but my son's Thunderbolt is nearly dead. The warranty is expired and I can't see paying the $90 deductible to use Assurion for an advanced device claim on a phone that is essentially obsolete. I passed the S3 to him.

For some users, a large phone (phablet?) Like this would be a no way situation. For me, being how I use my phone as my main Internet and forum access device and also for work and taking notes, it's a great thing.

The S4 will not have the S Pen. As such, is more like the S3 than the Note 2. They are targeted at different demographics in my opinion.

I'll likely move to the next Note 3 once it's released assuming there are some added features that have meaning to me. But for now I feel that I've got the very best PDA phone for me.

While the S4 does have a larger screen than the S3 (and full HD at that), you have me on the pen. Good reasoning if you're against a true tablet. I would tend to want a Nexus tablet for that stuff.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #6575
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Kindel fire is cheap and best for a notebook if you dont want a note2 phone
Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #6576
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
I"m quite happy with my Latest Gen iPad
Old 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #6577
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

there you are... dude that was a real a**hole move to flip at my car on st patricks day in southside.. i was not even driving my camaro.. it was my girl friend and you are lucky she dint see you on her side.. if she did i would have come around and showed you how to respect women.. if you dont like me just ignore me and walk away and i will do the same.. there is no need to be a teeange b*tch and disrespect people around me.. if you have a problem and want to start sh*t ..just walk up to me and punch me in the face and we can take it from there..
Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I"m quite happy with my Latest Gen iPad
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #6578
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
there you are... dude that was a real a**hole move to flip at my car on st patricks day in southside.. i was not even driving my camaro.. it was my girl friend and you are lucky she dint see you on her side.. if she did i would have come around and showed you how to respect women.. if you dont like me just ignore me and walk away and i will do the same.. there is no need to be a teeange b*tch and disrespect people around me.. if you have a problem and want to start sh*t ..just walk up to me and punch me in the face and we can take it from there..
Just saying
bah ahahahahahaha
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #6579
Bumblebee2012

I must have missed something? What's all the bickering about between you two? Let's all have a group hug and love each other. :beer:

Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #6580
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
I must have missed something? What's all the bickering about between you two? Let's all have a group hug and love each other. :beer:

It does appear that Tahseen is upset with some of my St. Patrick's escapades. I may have made an obscene gesture in his direction while being severly intoxicated (fyi..finishing a case of Killians with 2 other guys in 2 hrs is hard work) when we were walking to Station Square. To my defense, 20% tint windows are great for hiding the contents of a car.