Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #309
marin7076

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformer
Does anyone know when the ce update was put on the cars coming off the line? I will get my camaro next week so I can't check. It's in the 37,xxx number produced. I would like it updated before I get it if need be.
Thanks
marin7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #310
Schuby
Vroooom!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My dealer contacted me regarding the message I left and said I can bring it in but he believes updating to the latest version won't fix any issues with bluetooth or shuffling. I'm sure he's right but I want the latest software, damnit :P
Schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #311
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
I had my PDIM updated by my dealer yesterday from CC to CE. They had no issues doing it.

I was hoping it would fix the Bluetooth sync issue with my MotoQ but it still does not work. (I can add but will not call.) This is annoying as my wife's phone works in the Camaro and my MotoQ works fine with my Earbud so both devices work.... just not with each other.
Which dealer?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #312
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Bummer. Just read this thread. Had my 1 week old car at the dealer today to install Lojack and could have had it flashed. Born on 9/11 it has versions CC.

On the other hand it has no problem with a 16GB memory stick with 4000 songs on it. All folder at the root directory. I believe there is a limit of 256 files/folders at the root.

Don O

Last edited by Don O; 10-22-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #313
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
I had my PDIM updated by my dealer yesterday from CC to CE. They had no issues doing it.

I was hoping it would fix the Bluetooth sync issue with my MotoQ but it still does not work. (I can add but will not call.) This is annoying as my wife's phone works in the Camaro and my MotoQ works fine with my Earbud so both devices work.... just not with each other.
Unfortunately, the Bluetooth that handles the phone functionality is in another box (OnStar) and so the update you got wouldn't help with phone. If you wanted to listen to music wirelessly from your MotoQ, then the PDIM which you had updated would be doing that.

Usually when someone's phone has an issue with the vehicle, a firmware update on the phone fixes the problem. We did extensive interoperability with the phone Bluetooth, so it is pretty solid. Usually if there is an issue, it's on the phone side.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #314
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlex View Post
Just curious - Are there any other fixes "in the works" at this time?
I haven't heard of any.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #315
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
My dealer told me there are no service bulletins or tsb's for this and don't see anything new. Can you please tell me which GM site they are supposed to go to so I can convey this info to them so they can get the update. It blows me away that I have to do this at all. Thanks in advance for the info.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #316
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Thats strange, my MotoQ works perfect, what service do you use, Verizon?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #317
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Thats strange, my MotoQ works perfect, what service do you use, Verizon?
Yes Verizon. My Q is updated to Mobile 6.1 and when I took it to Verizon they said it was current on the firmware. (Of course they could be wrong. ) When I try to sync the phone locks up for a few seconds. When it show connected the car does not use it to dial but tries to dial using On*. My wife's phone works perfect. (Not a Q.)

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #318
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
My dealer told me there are no service bulletins or tsb's for this and don't see anything new. Can you please tell me which GM site they are supposed to go to so I can convey this info to them so they can get the update. It blows me away that I have to do this at all. Thanks in advance for the info.
Yeah I know it's frustrating that you pretty much have to hold their hand to get the firmware updated. Mainly this is confusing for the dealers because they're used to updating transmissions or control modules, not USB control modules and so it's a bit different than what they're used to, but they should be getting up to speed (mostly with your help).

If you check out the first page of this thread, there's a link to the website that has all of the latest software available for your Camaro. If you give them the part numbers for the latest version, they should be able to look it up (again probably with your help).

If you run into any issues with the dealer still not being able to find the update, you can give this number a call: 1-800-508-3060.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #319
fastal

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2000 Z28
Basically 6 weeks and we finally have success. 4 or 5 trips to the dealer and I now have software version CE. Also learned one thing, that you need to start the car the update to see the aux port again if you lost it during the corrupted file saga.

So anyone in the Denver area can head over to Purifoy and they have had success now.
fastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #320
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
When will a user downloadable upgrade file be available? I really don't have time to teach a dealer how to fix my car.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #321
Schuby
Vroooom!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
When will a user downloadable upgrade file be available? I really don't have time to teach a dealer how to fix my car.

It's doubtful that they would ever allow this. But if an insider at a dealer wants to...somehow....post some files online, I'm sure we can figure it out.
Schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #322
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuby View Post
It's doubtful that they would ever allow this. But if an insider at a dealer wants to...somehow....post some files online, I'm sure we can figure it out.
I don't think dealers have access to anything we can use. They use their Tech2 to do it. So unless you have one of those sitting in your garage....
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote