Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
SVT_SRT

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Magazine times are averages, they aren't on the fast or slow end of the scale.

SVT_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #44
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
rags 12.3-12.5, owners below 12's. . .

it depends on so much even if we knew all the specs of the car it will depend on weather and how they all come together. plus the driver.

my old 98 during the summer would be a low 13 second car but come the cool weather it would run 12.5's. and I was only 200 ft above sea level.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #45
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
I wouldn't count on the typical auto mags getting 11's.

Probably low 12's while Super Chevy and CHP might be getting 11.8-12.0's on stock tires and 11.3-11.6 on stickies all on prepared tracks with cool air.

Thats my prediction.
On a prepped track it won't make any difference whether you have the stock radials, drag radials or even slicks you will get the same 60'. Like the C6 Corvettes my guess is these cars are going to have so much torque management that launch with stock tuning will be very limited.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #46
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
On a prepped track it won't make any difference whether you have the stock radials, drag radials or even slicks you will get the same 60'. Like the C6 Corvettes my guess is these cars are going to have so much torque management that launch with stock tuning will be very limited.
Yeah - but those A6 CTS-Vs are running really strong

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #47
Bolt-onC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Yeah - but those A6 CTS-Vs are running really strong
What does a stock CTS-V 60'? My guess is not much better than a 1.90. And that's slow for a 118-120 mph 1/4 mile vehicle.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
What does a stock CTS-V 60'? My guess is not much better than a 1.90. And that's slow for a 118-120 mph 1/4 mile vehicle.
I believe GMHTP had an article on CTS-V mods' where the owner ran a 1.86 on OEM PS2s at Englishtown. It was the article where they installed an underdrive pulley, CAI, and t-stat from Lingenfelter and ARH LTs and X-pipe. The owner posted those times if I'm not mistaken.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #49
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
A little 'ol lady from Pasedina is gonna be able to run sub 12's all day long in this car....it's gonna blow some people's minds. Cold dense high pressure air on tap is really gonna let the cat out of the bag even faster. Look, they are increasing HP, it's going to have gobs more air going in and out of it than the CTS-V LSA, have steeper gearing... with suspension improvements to help keep the torque planted down, and it will be lighter than the comfy but quick CTS-V. We don't know any numbers, or final specs on anything. We do know they are testing the crap out this car. It's been to the 'Ring, heck...Ryan Newman even piloted it at Milburn! At the very minimum we know it's beefed up in the tranny, rear axle housing, axle shafts, drive shaft..etc...to handle something..and something ain't gonna be just .3 seconds better than the CTS-V. MC Hammer can't even touch this...LOL..
Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #50
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
A little 'ol lady from Pasedina is gonna be able to run sub 12's all day long in this car....it's gonna blow some people's minds. Cold dense high pressure air on tap is really gonna let the cat out of the bag even faster. Look, they are increasing HP, it's going to have gobs more air going in and out of it than the CTS-V LSA, have steeper gearing... with suspension improvements to help keep the torque planted down, and it will be lighter than the comfy but quick CTS-V. We don't know any numbers, or final specs on anything. We do know they are testing the crap out this car. It's been to the 'Ring, heck...Ryan Newman even piloted it at Milburn! At the very minimum we know it's beefed up in the tranny, rear axle housing, axle shafts, drive shaft..etc...to handle something..and something ain't gonna be just .3 seconds better than the CTS-V. MC Hammer can't even touch this...LOL..
Nominated as POTD

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #51
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Quote:
Whoa, that was powerfull stuff!! I hope you're right.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #52
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Whoa, that was powerfull stuff!! I hope you're right.
...me too bro, me too...! And I suspect I am not alone...
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #53
Bolt-onC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I believe GMHTP had an article on CTS-V mods' where the owner ran a 1.86 on OEM PS2s at Englishtown. It was the article where they installed an underdrive pulley, CAI, and t-stat from Lingenfelter and ARH LTs and X-pipe. The owner posted those times if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, and that was a modified CTS-V. 1.90 60' will be close with good air.

Quote:
You referenced my reply but not sure what this has to do with how well the ZL1 is going to 60'. Never did say they weren't going to make good power (although I don't think we know yet how much) just said it's not going to 60' well with stock tuning regardless of power level. Nor an automatic with stock tuning and converter.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #54
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
Quote:
On the Caddy fast list I posted the 11.99 pass had a 1.823 60' and a 12.0 pass had a 1.800 60'.
1982 Siverado 4x4 454 Mud truck stock class 3.66 sec in 150' of mud
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #55
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Yes, and that was a modified CTS-V. 1.90 60' will be close with good air.

You referenced my reply but not sure what this has to do with how well the ZL1 is going to 60'. Never did say they weren't going to make good power (although I don't think we know yet how much) just said it's not going to 60' well with stock tuning regardless of power level. Nor an automatic with stock tuning and converter.
Yup - you're totally right. I was thinking they posted a stock 60', but I was wrong. Those tires DO have potential though. I'm hopeful the F1:G2s are the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
On the Caddy fast list I posted the 11.99 pass had a 1.823 60' and a 12.0 pass had a 1.800 60'.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #56
SuperTrooper

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GMFanatik View Post
Why not?? With the suspension this car is/does have, and the next gen F1's(I think that's what tire. LOL) I don't see why it wouldn't.. I think 10's with a set of Mickey T's and about 11.3 on the factory meats..

Not gonna happen......11.3 is what a ZR1 runs in the 1/4. Curious as to why you think the suspension set-up is going to be a plus for drag racing also. It's going to be set-up more for the autocrosser & weekend warrior at VIR. Not for optimum weight transfer fore to aft.

Also,the GY Supercars are designed more for lateral acceleration. Be it the Gen 1 or 2's. They are not conducive to drag racing.

I'll guess high 11's-low 12's on the stock tires & mid 11's on a set of NT-05 DR's.
SuperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote