Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #29
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Having the issue as well, trying to talk to the dealer about it and am probably just going to get the run around from everyone and nothing will ever come of it... very disappointing.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks crazy on all the cars. I see it in my car every day. It's an obvious difference. But, like another said, it gives our cars character. I'm not too bothered by it. But, since I have an opinion, I think the "excuse" doesn't fly that the paint is the same. Sorry, GM. No offense to you. But I wouldn't buy that for a dollar.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #31
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
while this issue may not be the same issue as stated in this thread, has anyone with a 2010 or 2011 noticed in direct sunlight with the metalics that there appears to be lighter/darker striping of the paint on the doors...i am having some body color match painting done on new spoiler etc..but noticed this before had car 30 days...my painter (who has been in biz a long time) said it was a quality issue..looks like it was underpainted in the base coat. i took it to dealership, started the process of trying to get a GM rep to look at it, so it can get repainted by me (reimbursed) or by local dealership...this is not same as flop. this is a vertical issue on the same plane...anyone with syn green or a metallic has this issue?
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Very slight diff in color on gas cap. Nothing worth stewing over. Sometimes our eyes are drawn to the flaws that only we notice. I look at my car and see the beauty. Ok, I'll get off my pedestal now.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #33
joeblow

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT/RS
i have this problem with my gas cap only, its darker than the rest of the car....but, its grown on me and i like it and it makes my car unique
joeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #34
badpig

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1-Cyber Grey
I have the same problem with the Cyber Grey... my front fascia is definitely a shade lighter
badpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #35
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
I have the SIlver color and it is mismatched to hell, but again plastic versus metal this happens, and not worth wasting my time on... especially with my dealers auto body shop which sucks anyway.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #36
NC_SG_SS

I haven't responded to my own thread for quite awhile, but GM did come and look at my car, they saw the mismatches, but felt it was within their tolerences and was part of the flop, angle of light etc. This was on the metal only, and the urethane and metal were off, but i expected that from day one. Im a former 2 time vette owner, it had orange peel all over both. I got this car for the color period. Let's speed up, I chose on my own to have the sides repainted by a private painter, who I completely trust. It took over two months to get a match. This was because the issue was most noticeable in bright light. So he had to mix and match on those days. Not easy in winter...haha, I am happy to report success and will post pics in about a month. Waiting for paint to degausse to put paint protection back on. Let me say GM took me very seriously, and sent more than local guys. They were courteous, and I felt gave me my day in court.They gave me reasonable options. At the end of the day, this was my decision to repainted. No regrets. I saw several SGM and saw this on almost all of them, some better, some worse. Comes down to what u can live with. When nice weather around here in April, I should back on the road, as I replaced the spoiler, added front splitter. Painting calipers SGM with custom stencils with 69 camaro logo and brembo. upgrading front rotors to brembo slotted performance. Upgrading fogs to AAC to P13W white plasmas. Replacing bow ties with 69 SS badges, installing SGM heritage grill. lots on inside as well. Getting the paint right was worth it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
I have the SIlver color and it is mismatched to hell, but again plastic versus metal this happens, and not worth wasting my time on... especially with my dealers auto body shop which sucks anyway.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
Old 02-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #37
Diejediknight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
AAAHHHH i do see a bit of that too.....
Diejediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #38
NC_SG_SS

I think most GM metalics will show it. I ve been highly criticized for not understanding flop or substrates reaction to paint. I understand both. In a production line car, it's probable not expect a perfect match in a metallic with flop. The SGM is probably one of the toughest, but my compaint was on the metal surfaces only on the same plane or viewing angle. What I saw from mine and others was consistent. uneven basecoat. More layers would prob correct it at factory. GM felt it was good enough, in tolerance of flop etc. Most complaints were about different shades on different surfaces such as a plastic next to metal. GM even published a tsb that's on this website. that can be corrected as well with a good paint match and several layers of even base coat. I want to again say GM worked with me. I could have had it evened out at dealership paintshop, but I felt the path to correction was going to require a lot of work for my standards. It was. Like all car things comes down to money. I had paint protection that had to be removed and will need reinstalled as well. So I doubt I will get my money back out, but I love the color enough to make it the way GM intended it. I didn't paint the whole car, just the sides where uneven basecoat looked like stripes on my doors and quarters. In my case it was a little out of my tolerance.
updated 2/10/11
finally repainted...here is shot of the newly repainted drivers side in sunlight. this is about 5 or 6 coats of spies hecker paint, and matrix clearcoat i am very happy with, there is no issues with the uneveness of the basecoat anymore in all angles or light...the car is still disassembled for custom work going on...heritage grill swap, rear diffuser body color match, new spoiler, etc..think calipers are being painted today SGM, and a tomatoe red stripe on outer edge on wheels like SLP ZL pkg if dont see anything dramtic im thrilled since that paint should look even in basecoat...

front bumper off to paint fog light inserts green, change bulbs to AAC plasma white, install a lower front defuser, and install a heritage grill (painted) with 69 SS front badge (the real thing from NPD)

engine bay..
just standard v8 cover painted over stock silver for now..i have some hydrocarbon green cover pieces installed previously. i am not done under the hood, dipstick is green, fact airtube will be green as well..so should offset well. may look at some rotofab pieces like the corvette 2 piece covers. hood mat bowtie will prob have a vinyl green over it or painted..

side view for driver side front to back..
very sunny again, just showing the flop. the doors were painted, but fenders were blended in. looks good, confirms to constant basecoat...really with SGM, u see a huge flop for a metalic. the color is just incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diejediknight View Post
AAAHHHH i do see a bit of that too.....

Last edited by NC_SG_SS; 02-10-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #39
jnaugle775

Drives: 2011 Imperial Bluw 1SS/RS
My IBM front bumper is not matched but not sure they can fix it better. I am afraid of a repaint because it won't be as tough as the factory baked on finish
jnaugle775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #40
soccerupper90

Drives: 2016 2SS Summit White
Send a message via AIM to soccerupper90
Even my dealership body shop says they are tow different colors and they are instructed to repaint them the same way.
soccerupper90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #41
cmwalker12

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpig View Post
I have the same problem with the Cyber Grey... my front fascia is definitely a shade lighter

mine also
cmwalker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #42
Texas Fright

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS - 2006 Cadillac CTS
x3 for Cyber Gray. The whole car looks like it doesn't match, I've had people ask me if I got into an accident since the bumper doesn't match the hood
Texas Fright is offline   Reply With Quote