Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #15
TulsaZL1

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Hey Tulsa guy! I think you'll reach close to your goal with or without the LS9 cam. First before anything you need to sell those downpipes and throw on some good breathing longtubes of your choice. No smaller than 1 7/8". This will bridge that gap in HP you're seeking. Plus the LSA setups like to breathe. A retune with LT's will significantly bump you. Also when you were on the dyno was it in Tulsa? You may make sure with your tuner that you have enough injector running the 2.38 pulley with E85 even with DSX Aux pump.

Also, is your ported TB an LSA TB or did you switch to an LS3 Style and get that ported?

Hopefully i'll see you in "mexico" sometime and we can stretch their legs. :-)

My throttle body is the stock Lsa TB. its ported, and I just got my 1 7/8" headers in the mail..... I ceramic coated them myself yesterday and then wrapped them in titanium basalt header wrap. Youtube always makes everything look so easy peasy..... it was easy..... but it was still a bitch....

will be taking the stock manifolds off hopefully tomorrow after work.

my 2.38 has me right at 15.5LBs so I am curious to see how much boost I loose from the headers.

my injectors are Injector Dynamic 850s and the Auxiliary Dsx fuel pump will be able to handle the full E85.
my tuner wants to get a good run on pure 91 gas.... last time I had shit gas in my car. so ill prob do pump gas one day then go in for a final on E.

was wanting to put in the LS9 because the price and then put a ATI lower on to get the boost back up to about 15.

I'm just gonna get the headers tuned on some good gas, then see what I want to do next....... when I pulley down.... a cam is going in this bitch so I gotta do some more contemplating....
TulsaZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote