Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #155
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't get too upset, Flash.

Everyone's got an opinion....including Stracke....but I have a feeling he's catering to his audience of "I know everything" journalists.

I trust he knows what he's doing...you see, GM is renewing its commitment to interiors on cars. To prove this...they can't defend their past work, no matter how good it is...unfortunately. Stay tuned, and try not to get offended.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #156
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Yeah I really believe this guy is going to take the Camaro down a road that most Muscle car diehards will be very upset about... I am going to hate to see that. This guy wants to compete with BMW?... that's a totally different market share dude get real....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #157
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Yeah I really believe this guy is going to take the Camaro down a road that most Muscle car diehards will be very upset about... I am going to hate to see that. This guy wants to compete with BMW?... that's a totally different market share dude get real....
Cadillac needs to compete with BMW. He's just the man for that...other vehicles, like the Camaro, will benefit from the "trickle-down" effect.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #158
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cadillac needs to compete with BMW. He's just the man for that...other vehicles, like the Camaro, will benefit from the "trickle-down" effect.
I agree the Caddy needs to do that (and does very well already). I just hope the trickle down effect does not ruin the muscle car
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #159
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I agree the Caddy needs to do that (and does very well already). I just hope the trickle down effect does not ruin the muscle car
Not much he can do to ruin it, to be honest. Everything he's interested in can only benefit the car moving forward...but I'm not 100% sure of that -- only because I don't know what vehicles he's been responsible for in the past.

Look at it this way, though...The Camaro is selling VERY WELL...more than a year on sale and still without incentives it's selling 9000 units a month - that's incredible. So, something's been done right. All of GM knows this, and they will not mess with success -- only improve it.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #160
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Not much he can do to ruin it, to be honest. Everything he's interested in can only benefit the car moving forward...but I'm not 100% sure of that -- only because I don't know what vehicles he's been responsible for in the past.

Look at it this way, though...The Camaro is selling VERY WELL...more than a year on sale and still without incentives it's selling 9000 units a month - that's incredible. So, something's been done right. All of GM knows this, and they will not mess with success -- only improve it.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #161
3nkosh-z\28

Drives: way 2 fast
Quote:

Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #162
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Good Grief, this thread is still going on huh?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #163
SummoneR
Paul

It's only 8 days old... That's hardly "still going" LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #164
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I'm 47 years old so I'm a little young to have fully enjoyed or benifitted from the 60's muscle cars.
I'm all for a luxurious muscle car.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #165
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I dont like what Skracke said about the Cobalt either. That car as come leaps and bounds from the Cavalier and I would totally roll around in a turbo SS as a DD(big spoiler deleted option of course)
Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #166
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I was a little suprised by a few of the comments, but Dragon's reasoning made some sense to me. I'm all for quality and content and the Germans are on top of that. They don't water down performance either. However, you get what you pay for from them, and guess what? You pay a lot. You get a lot, but you pay a lot.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #167
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Don't get too upset, Flash.

Everyone's got an opinion....including Stracke....but I have a feeling he's catering to his audience of "I know everything" journalists.

I trust he knows what he's doing...you see, GM is renewing its commitment to interiors on cars. To prove this...they can't defend their past work, no matter how good it is...unfortunately. Stay tuned, and try not to get offended.

You're totally correct DRAGONEYE and believe me I can legitimately claim as mine the famous quote of Voltaire : I might disagree with your opinion but I will fight to the death to defend your right to express it.

However when someone picks on such a small and basic issue to debase the entire car or its achieve status as a desirable/aspirational car I get the feeling their intent or motif are not genuine.

You do not neet to kiss the behind of journalists to gain respect and/or trust: case in point is Mr. Lee Iacoca, so is Bob Lutz.

Hipocresy and double standards have done the same if not more damage to our world society than all the wars the world have lived through combined together.

That I can do without and certainly is not a welcome trait on a high paid executive at GM.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #168
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
You're totally correct DRAGONEYE and believe me I can legitimately claim as mine the famous quote of Voltaire : I might disagree with your opinion but I will fight to the death to defend your right to express it.

However when someone picks on such a small and basic issue to debase the entire car or its achieve status as a desirable/aspirational car I get the feeling their intent or motif are not genuine.

You do not neet to kiss the behind of journalists to gain respect and/or trust: case in point is Mr. Lee Iacoca, so is Bob Lutz.

Hipocresy and double standards have done the same if not more damage to our world society than all the wars the world have lived through combined together.

That I can do without and certainly is not a welcome trait on a high paid executive at GM.
I guess I just see it differently, knowing what it takes to change a person's mind about something...let alone an entire market. Public Relations can be a b*tch...and for all the good Mr. Lutz has done...he failed consistantly -- and miserably -- at public relations...to the point where they didn't even want him talking to people anymore...Stracke is different. I think this guy is doing the right thing.

It's not hypocracy or double standards...it's "talking the talk". Think about this: You want someone to believe you're going to recommit to something you haven't done well in the past. They're LOOKING for a reason to doubt you....do you reference those past items as "good"? Forget any addendum's, that's ALL the doubters will here: that you think your past "failures" were "good".

"If you say it enough, it will become truth."