Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I sat in the Dodge Challenger R/T

Out of curiosity, I went to the local Dodge dealership and and sat in a black '09 Challenger R/T with the 6-speed. I gotta say, I was impressed. Out of all the retro cars out there, its the most retro. You literally feel like you've gone back to the '70s when you sit in it, with the wide, cushy leather seats, very long hood and low roofline. Not to mention, the looks are killer. The one I sat in was the only one at the dealer. Once they get a couple more 6-speeds in, I'll take one out for a spin. I'll probably still get the Camaro anyways. But I want to check out the competition. I have to say though, the Challenger is one hot car, and very tempting.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
the car looks awesome
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I passed a local dealer yesterday, and one of the salesmen was pulling out in a Challenger R/T, black also. Nice car.

I then hopped onto Interstate 95, where I observed the salesman "execrcising" the Challenger.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
It's interior is the most retro because it's the most outdated. When you get beat by Ford in terms of interior styling, you know it's time to rethink things lol.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
better start thinking then
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
i agree. . . the interior is shit. . . Just as bad as the interior in my NITRO. . and the SRT-4 I had.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
if you were impressed with the challenger you will e blown away sitting in a new camaro. the interior is soooo much nicer. the srt-8 i sat in was fully optioned and it seemed spartan to me.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
Moose

The Challenger is a nice car, and Chrysler should be commended for bringing it back.

That being said, I agree with the comments regarding the interior; nothing special. The Camaro's interior - far superior.

The Challenger's size is also an issue - it's HUGE.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The Challenger is a nice car, and Chrysler should be commended for bringing it back.

That being said, I agree with the comments regarding the interior; nothing special. The Camaro's interior - far superior.

No joke. It dwarfs the original, which is no "small" feat. Puns!

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by BowtieGuy; 10-28-2008 at 12:16 PM.
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

Its on the big side, definitely. But that's actually part of the charm of this car and its retro styling. The proportions are excellent and the size actually makes the car look very intimidating, which is good. I thought the dash and interior were ok. If you sit in a Challenger, you'll see that its not really that much of an issue. It looks better up close than in the pictures. Its also a very comfortable car to sit in, more than most sports cars, with tons of space. You really get a full retro experience with the Challenger.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
My GF and her sister saw a "Camaro" on the 710 here in Cali. she then text me with the news and i refuted and said NO, it was a Challenger. sure enough, they spotted a Hemi badging on the side...

I like how people confuse the Challenger for the Camaro, it proves there is anticipation, enthusiast or not

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
Moose

As I said earlier, the Challenger is a nice car. And aside from all of our thoughts/opinions, I'm glad Chrysler brought it back. IMO, we need more cars like it, as well as the Camaro. (even the Mustang )

Which reminded me. Last night, I was headed through the small town I live outside of, and there was a Challenger SRT8, trying to pull out of the Ford dealer. Myself, as well as the car in the opposite lane, stopped to let the driver out. I thought to myself, "That's a cool car."

Apparently so did quite a few of the Ford salesmen I saw standing outside, watching it.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #13
TaylorSF

Drives: Z
//////////

Last edited by TaylorSF; 02-04-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: word wrong
TaylorSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
wow taylor nice to see I have a fellow buddy from over on the challenger forum that is an enthusiast as well and can actually like 2 cars at once lol.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote