Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #197

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Horror....The Horror...

Last edited by 90503; 08-22-2018 at 01:08 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #198
Whipplecamaro

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Id just say tou guys better start a neighbourhood fund rasier and say im all for a new exhaust but its not in my budget. Then say sorry and proceed with starting my loud car hahah
Whipplecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #199
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
What if a "trashy" family won a lotto and then bought a nice house next to yours in the nice quiet neighborhood then decide to put their beat up old trailer out in the front yard and just trashed their house, inside and out. It's their house, their property, they can do what they want, they're not breaking the law. I'm sure no one would be happy except for the new family.
Beverly Hillbillies comes to mind when I read this
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #200
Prodogs

Drives: 2017 2ss
you don't have to buy a house with an HOA - therefore as a libertarian I don't support the view that HOA's should be illegal -

if you buy a house you have an opportunity to read the terms and conditions of an HOA and can decide not to purchase or rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I agree with you on not buying the house. But I believe HOAs should be illegal and are unconstitutional. If you buy a house that house and that property is yours. You should be able to buy the house without insipid rules and dues.

Like I said - legal extortion. I'm dead serious on that too. You won't change my mind so you can stop trying to explain HOAs. They're exactly like what the mafia did to businesses, only they get to hide behind legal documentation and real lawyers.
Prodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #201
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Ehhhh that’s unbelievable. Sorry op!
Old 08-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #202
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
What if a "trashy" family won a lotto and then bought a nice house next to yours in the nice quiet neighborhood then decide to put their beat up old trailer out in the front yard and just trashed their house, inside and out. It's their house, their property, they can do what they want, they're not breaking the law. I'm sure no one would be happy except for the new family.
Down here, I'd just put in a complaint with the City. Something like a trailer wouldn't fly. Their trashy house, however, would be their business. Not that I wouldn't care, but it's one of those unlikely circumstances I'm willing to accept to live in an HOA free neighborhood.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #203
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Direct them to this website

https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Sound-Proof-Room
Old 08-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #204
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
I agree with you on not buying the house. But I believe HOAs should be illegal and are unconstitutional. If you buy a house that house and that property is yours. You should be able to buy the house without insipid rules and dues.

Like I said - legal extortion. I'm dead serious on that too. You won't change my mind so you can stop trying to explain HOAs. They're exactly like what the mafia did to businesses, only they get to hide behind legal documentation and real lawyers.
There's nothing unconstitutional about HOAs - if you believe otherwise, you'll have to cite chapter & verse in support of that. In all likelihood, legally HOAs would in fact fall within the purview of the First Amendment, specifically the part about freedom of assembly, which is generally seen as bedding synonymous with freedom of association. So long as you're not being forced to live in such a community (and you're not), if you choose to live in such a community, the rules and dues go along with the house. If you choose not to familiarize yourself with the rules before agreeing to them, that's on you for being a fool, not on the HOA for being some kind of insidious criminal entity.

On that note, your understanding about what extortion is and how the mafia operated are also deeply flawed.

In essence, if you insist on retaining full rights over your property, don't join a HOA community, regardless of how much you may like a house or other aspects of the community. If on the other hand you're willing to exercise your right to trade some property rights for the benefits of such communities, read through the bylaws and make sure you fully understand & agree with what you'd be giving up and go from there.

Realistically, when you flat out own your own property you still have rules and dues to abide by which limit what you can actually do with it (including on the noise you can create, and other community quality of life concerns) - those rules and dues are just called laws and taxes, and you DON'T have a choice with those. An HOA is just an optional smaller scale version of government below the local level.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #205
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodogs View Post
you don't have to buy a house with an HOA - therefore as a libertarian I don't support the view that HOA's should be illegal -

if you buy a house you have an opportunity to read the terms and conditions of an HOA and can decide not to purchase or rent.
This. If a group of homeowners want a HOA and agree to the conditions, where does the government come off saying they shouldn’t be able to do that? Small government my friends.

Anyways, I think people are taking extreme examples of crappy HOAs and applying that to all HOAs.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #206
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
There's nothing unconstitutional about HOAs - if you believe otherwise, you'll have to cite chapter & verse in support of that. In all likelihood, legally HOAs would in fact fall within the purview of the First Amendment, specifically the part about freedom of assembly, which is generally seen as bedding synonymous with freedom of association. So long as you're not being forced to live in such a community (and you're not), if you choose to live in such a community, the rules and dues go along with the house. If you choose not to familiarize yourself with the rules before agreeing to them, that's on you for being a fool, not on the HOA for being some kind of insidious criminal entity.

On that note, your understanding about what extortion is and how the mafia operated are also deeply flawed.

In essence, if you insist on retaining full rights over your property, don't join a HOA community, regardless of how much you may like a house or other aspects of the community. If on the other hand you're willing to exercise your right to trade some property rights for the benefits of such communities, read through the bylaws and make sure you fully understand & agree with what you'd be giving up and go from there.

Realistically, when you flat out own your own property you still have rules and dues to abide by which limit what you can actually do with it (including on the noise you can create, and other community quality of life concerns) - those rules and dues are just called laws and taxes, and you DON'T have a choice with those. An HOA is just an optional smaller scale version of government below the local level.
Quit making excuses for HOAs. You still have the rules of the city AND the property taxes - you’re paying EXTRA on TOP of those for the EXTRA rules of the HOA.

And how exactly is an HOA not legal extortion?

“Pay us a monthly fee or we’ll foreclose on your house even if you own it outright”

I know exactly what extortion is. I have family who grew up on Murray Hill in the Little Italy section of Cleveland.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #207
misterjaayy

My goodness. Am I the only one tired of fastball and his reign as dictator? Can you allow someone else to have an opinion without telling them what to think or calling them a name? Jesus.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #208
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
My goodness. Am I the only one tired of fastball and his reign as dictator? Can you allow someone else to have an opinion without telling them what to think or calling them a name? Jesus.
If you don’t like my opinion you are free to ignore it. Just as I’m free to reply to anyone who thinks they’re fine. . Fck HOAs. They are bad news and should be abolished.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #209
misterjaayy

Quote:
If you don’t like my opinion you are free to ignore it. Just as I’m free to reply to anyone who thinks they’re fine. . Fck HOAs. They are bad news and should be abolished.
I don’t mind your opinion. I don’t like your attitude. You’re a negative person and everyone must agree with you or else their an asshole. You’re polluting the thread.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 PM   #210
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
I don’t mind your opinion. I don’t like your attitude. You’re a negative person and everyone must agree with you or else their an asshole. You’re polluting the thread.
My attitude lol!!! Are you my 4th grade teacher? Yes I’m negative because HOAs are wrong. If you want warm and fuzzy there’s plenty of other forums for that.